Post-Game Talk: Lucifer

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Zibanejad was on pace to break every franchise playoff record as recently as 2 years ago. That was a bigger sample size than this season has been so far too.

Some of you need to chill.
Why does he get a pass? You were hard on last year's Panarin. You made it your handle. Zib is playing bad for just about the same reasons as Panarin last year. Avoiding contact. Not effective on the walls. Not making good decisions.

And Panarin can break every record this year but if he disappears in the playoffs again, you will lead the charge pillaging him. I will be right there with you, though.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Why does he get a pass? You were hard on last year's Panarin. You made it your handle. Zib is playing bad for just about the same reasons as Panarin last year. Avoiding contact. Not effective on the walls. Not making good decisions.

And Panarin can break every record this year but if he disappears in the playoffs again, you will lead the charge pillaging him. I will be right there with you, though.

He doesn’t get a pass. He’s been ass this year.

Using his start to project how he’s going to be going forward is dumb though.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!

BINGO!!

And we had people analyzing...doing f***ing forensics as to when Panarin's actual decline began: before he came to the Rangers or when Wilson beat it out of him...WITH certain people on these boards going so far as to imply they even know someone who insinuated that Panarin will forever be damaged goods.

...And I was one of those people thinking we'll go nowhere with Panarin on this team after last year's playoffs.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Ail

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Not you personally.

We have people on here acting "holier than thou" because their favorite player gets made fun out of in jest (Even though said player does suck) but when it comes to our young players, well, that shit is fair game!
If it’s not me personally then concentrate to stay on point - my issue with your post was how you draw the equation line between Zibanejad and Kakko which are not even close.
And if you noticed in that point I didn’t throw any garbage Kakko’s way - I’ve seen what he’s capable of and will stay patient with him while he tries to find his game too (it sucks that our third capable center with history of good play with Kakko is injured with no return timeline). I’d look to coaching staff to figure out how to help Kakko - maybe starting by switching to another forward at C.

Reactions: Rongomania

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Way to play with words - is it just your trait or broader? Underperforming and “taking 1/5 of the season off” are not the same thing. I see an obvious pattern - this continuation of the same stupid ass argument line as what you started with about his salary. Keep it up!!!
Keep it up? :laugh: Are you my dad?

I'm unclear why you're so pissy? Why the personal attacks...don't like my points, don't respond. Simple as that. If a simple analogy is too complex for you to comprehend, maybe you're the one out of your depth. We don't need to agree, but if you can't keep it civil, I'm done here.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
If it’s not me personally then concentrate to stay on point - my issue with your post was how you draw the equation line between Zibanejad and Kakko which are not even close.
And if you noticed in that point I didn’t throw any garbage Kakko’s way - I’ve seen what he’s capable of and will stay patient with him while he tries to find his game too (it sucks that our third capable center with history of good play with Kakko is injured with no return timeline). I’d look to coaching staff to figure out how to help Kakko - maybe starting by switching to another forward at C.

On the ice play? Kakko is cooked. He's done. I jokingly said he would end up with 9 points for the season.

...I overestimated the joke.

Worst detriment to the team?

Hands down Zibs. If he doesn't start producing, we're proper f***ed.

Buy him out, he's on the book for 12 years. Can't trade him because of his NMC.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Keep it up? :laugh: Are you my dad?

I'm unclear why you're so pissy? Why the personal attacks...don't like my points, don't respond. Simple as that. If a simple analogy is too complex for you to comprehend, maybe you're the one out of your depth. We don't need to agree, but if you can't keep it civil, I'm done here.
I’m not your dad thank god or I’d be questioning myself what I did wrong ;)

Instead of sensible discussion (that’s actually possible when people disagree) you brought up a very stupid argument that if anything derails what could be an even keel back and forth. What’s your disappointment? Generation of high danger scoring chances? Shots generation? Conversion rate? Face-offs? Defensive zone play? You could have gone so many ways but you did you I guess…

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
BINGO!!

And we had people analyzing...doing f***ing forensics as to when Panarin's actual decline began: before he came to the Rangers or when Wilson beat it out of him...WITH certain people on these boards going so far as to imply they even know someone who insinuated that Panarin will forever be damaged goods.

...And I was one of those people thinking we'll go nowhere with Panarin on this team after last year's playoffs.
I was one of those people & I'm gladly eating crow. Panarin looked like he would never again be that guy who was that Hart candidate. I posted a week or so ago how impressed I am with his off season commitment to changing his game. He left here in May put his money where his mouth was, even without saying much. He's been a revelation.

I’m not your dad thank god or I’d be questioning myself what I did wrong ;)

Instead of sensible discussion (that’s actually possible when people disagree) you brought up a very stupid argument that if anything derails what could be an even keel back and forth. What’s your disappointment? Generation of high danger scoring chances? Shots generation? Conversion rate? Face-offs? Defensive zone play? You could have gone so many ways but you did you I guess…
Bro, really? Go out for a walk or something. Some fresh air will do you good.

Reactions: Brutananadilewski

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I was one of those people & I'm gladly eating crow. Panarin looked like he would never again be that guy who was that Hart candidate. I posted a week or so ago how impressed I am with his off season commitment to changing his game. He left here in May put his money where his mouth was, even without saying much. He's been a revelation.

Bro, really? Go out for a walk or something. Some fresh air will do you good.
I’m not your bro, Boris. :laugh:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
But he's been solely a power play merchant for the better part of 3+ years now. What makes you think that's going to trend in the opposite direction?

Last 3 years for Zib.

222 points, 81 on the PP.

PP Point percentage - 36.4%

Panarin - 246 Points, 91 on the PP

PP point percentage - 36.9%

Kreider- 161 Points, 66 on the PP

PP point percentage - 41%!

Sounds like it's not exclusively Mika thing.

Plus why does it really matter? I get that most of the game is played 5v5 but if you're productive, you're productive. It's not like penalties drastically go down in the playoffs (There is data to debunk this. You'll get away with shit that you normally won't if its OT or a series deciding game but other than that its pretty much BAU) and most top players put up a similar amount of their points on the PP. This isn't anything other guys in the league aren't doing. I know recency bias is a thing and something that guides us all (myself included) but he's been a big reason why the PP has been as good as it has been the last few years.

He hasn't been good this year, in agreement with that but using this as a barometer as to how he's going to be going forward is dumb and the PP merchant thing is dumb too. Hes still had solid to above average production at ES.

It may give some more weight to the idea of splitting him and Kreider though. I know Kreider is better away from him 5v5 and that may help Mika as well. It's turning into a Panarin-Strome thing where they're not really helping anyone by keeping them together. I like that they haven't tanked the team defensively, but there are other combos they can probably f*** with that will work with out nuking them defensively too.

Now you haven't been doing it but I'm with @Machinehead on what sparked this whole convo. Player criticism is fine (and it's worthy here, even if a bit dramatic and overboard) but the "VEGAN, LOW T, MID!" comments from the braincel crew are f***ing stupid and tiresome.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It's not nonsense. It's the same every year. The team has a great record, thus giving justification to bury any bad but legitimate observation. Panarin is carrying a bunch of dead weight currently. If it were last year's Panarin, I'm afraid to think where we'd be in the standings.
Panarin is part of the team. He gets paid a lot to do this. I hate that complaint as much as the “”but Igor’s carrying us” one.

They are all part of the team. It’s a long 82 games. Different guys get hot at different times. Should we be winning every game 7-1? Not realistic. Ups and downs. Soon we get Fox back. Igor will get to full game shape, maybe Chytil comes back sooner than later. Different guys carry the load at different times. The TEAM winning is what matters

I don’t understand how long time fans don’t understand this and pee the fed to beat the tofu Mika crap to death. It’s not even funny.

failure

Nov 25, 2014
Colorado Springs
On the ice play? Kakko is cooked. He's done. I jokingly said he would end up with 9 points for the season.

...I overestimated the joke.

Worst detriment to the team?

Hands down Zibs. If he doesn't start producing, we're proper f***ed.

Buy him out, he's on the book for 12 years. Can't trade him because of his NMC.
I mean it would be nice for more 5v5 production but the guy has been getting better every year he has been here mostly. 8.5 for 81 point center isn't bad really. There are worse contracts on this team lol.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
This team is 12-2-1 and yet after reading most of the posts here you would be forgiven if you thought the Rangers were 2-12-1.

Criticism is okay to a point but I swear some people expect nothing short of perfection. Every team has warts. Do I wish Zib and Kakko produced more on offense? Absolutely! However, the 1st and 3rd lines were changed with Kakko and Wheeler not long ago and likely need more time to gel. Kakko also has Bonino as his C. I actually think Bonino isn't as bad as some make him out to be but definitely a drop off from Chytil/Trocheck.

How about being a little more patient while the team continues to bank points without Fox and Chytil?

We just beat the Devils with Jack Hughes back. Enjoy it!

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Zibanejad was on pace to break every franchise playoff record as recently as 2 years ago. That was a bigger sample size than this season has been so far too.

Some of you need to chill.
what does that have to do with this season? He also was running at 35% xG that entire playoffs... lets not try to re-write it into him being some dominant force

Our $8.5M 1C is 178th out of all NHL Centers with 1PT at 5v5 according to Natural Stat Trick.. 1 5v5 point against Arizona.

What other team has this issue with their 1C? What other place would softly glance over their 1C shitting the bed like this?

Is he going to get better? I fukin hope.

the irony in all of this... IF Panarin was playing like Mika and not in godmode... how would you be reacting?

Reactions: Blasds

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Last 3 years for Zib.

Plus why does it really matter? I get that most of the game is played 5v5 but if you're productive, you're productive. It's not like penalties drastically go down in the playoffs (There is data to debunk this. You'll get away with shit that you normally won't if its OT or a series deciding game but other than that its pretty much BAU) and most top players put up a similar amount of their points on the PP. This isn't anything other guys in the league aren't doing. I know recency bias is a thing and something that guides us all (myself included) but he's been a big reason why the PP has been as good as it has been the last few years.

He hasn't been good this year, in agreement with that but using this as a barometer as to how he's going to be going forward is dumb and the PP merchant thing is dumb too. Hes still had solid to above average production at ES.

It may give some more weight to the idea of splitting him and Kreider though. I know Kreider is better away from him 5v5 and that may help Mika as well. It's turning into a Panarin-Strome thing where they're not really helping anyone by keeping them together. I like that they haven't tanked the team defensively, but there are other combos they can probably f*** with that will work with out nuking them defensively too.

Now you haven't been doing it but I'm with @Machinehead on what sparked this whole convo. Player criticism is fine (and it's worthy here, even if a bit dramatic and overboard) but the "VEGAN, LOW T, MID!" comments from the braincel crew are f***ing stupid and tiresome.
Liked it but also wanted to say - YES to all of it and especially the last part. So unoriginal and pointless

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Last 3 years for Zib.

My criticism has been purely been hockey related, so I don't get why we can't criticize his play without thinking it's personal. Even though I've never brought it up on the boards, I have from time to time wondered about his passion for the sport with so many outside distractions...and I don't think that's an unfair observation, even if it's dead wrong. Mika is clearly not a guy who lives & breathes hockey, & to be honest I respect that personally, but as a fan of the team I want a fire breathing dragon as our 1C. Someone who hates losing just as much as he loves scoring goals.

I didn't see last night's game, but living & dying on the power play isn't a long term recipe for success for the entire team.

Panarin's numbers on the PP are obviously going to be great as well, but this is not the same player we've seen since the Wilson incident. He's engaged, he's forechecking, he's backchecking aggressively once again & he's shooting like a fiend. Plus he's not living on the left wall like he did for so long at even strength.

I've said for awhile we have too many BFF bromances on this team that need to end. Thank god Strome left so him & Bread were broken up, but Fox/Lindy & Mika/Kreider have run their course for different reasons. Like it or not it's emblematic of the country club vibes both those duos give off. Lindy clearly is not a country club guy, but Adam Fox could probably take his game to another level with a better partner. Zibs/Kreider simply isn't working & it's needs to end, at least temporarily.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I’m not skipping over anything. We’re both right.
Welp the song sucks is #1. But there's so many double standards that go on with what is and what isn't acceptable. Hipster publication Pitchfork wrote a nice nostalgia piece on Ace of Base last week and conveniently forget one of the guy's very disturbing pasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad