Lucas Raymond

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
The last ten games has probably boosted his next contract by 1-1.5 mil per year.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
1713232680498.png

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
At the start of his young career, Raymond looks more impressive than both Datsyuk and Zetterberg's first 3 years.... and they were older. Raymond JUST turned 22 literally a few weeks ago.

The point to my over-dramatized post is we have something special here.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
He's going to be a superstar. You pay him now or look like a fool having to do it later for more money and a larger % of the cap in 4 years when he's in his prime.

Now the question is how do we make it so that we can get 3 scoring lines consistently dangerous on a regular basis.

Reactions: Henkka
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
At the start of his young career, Raymond looks more impressive than both Datsyuk and Zetterberg's first 3 years.... and they were older. Raymond JUST turned 22 literally a few weeks ago.

The point to my over-dramatized post is we have something special here.
hes so clutch, its unbelievable...

like he has something you cant teach, he just has that big game gene in his DNA

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I'm not comfortable with opponents f'n with him though. I know he's a tough dude but just the wear and tear. I'm about to go full pro-enforcer crowd. What's Jamie Tardif up to these days?

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Regardless of how tomorrow goes(hoping for the best), what we are seeing from Raymond and the experience he is gaining right now bodes well for the future.

Thank you Lucas, way to step up!

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
His body language is the complete opposite from last season. Last season, he's come off the ice hunched over, slow, looking defeated. He'd get bumped around and he looked like he was struggling.

This season he found another gear when it mattered the most. He's taking contact and not letting it get him off his game. He's dishing out contact too. He's assertive. His demeanor is energetic. He's f***ing determined.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
His body language is the complete opposite from last season. Last season, he's come off the ice hunched over, slow, looking defeated. He'd get bumped around and he looked like he was struggling.

This season he found another gear when it mattered the most. He's taking contact and not letting it get him off his game. He's dishing out contact too. He's assertive. His demeanor is energetic. He's f***ing determined.

That's a great observation about the difference in Raymond this season. So many guys in the NHL -- not just in the NHL but every job, and not just men but women -- are held back by self-imposed limits. They find a comfort zone and stay there. Trying to push beyond that is really hard, so they accept what they believe themselves to be as good enough. Or they make excuses, point blame. I wonder if Raymond might have made use of a sports psychologist at some point last off-season, or if this year was just the right time for something that was inevitable. For whatever reason, he is putting in the work and trying to be great. He is not intimidated by the competition and not afraid of big moments.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad