Loudest crowd

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
From my biased homer point of view, the chants we do at Bridgestone are fantastic. I've only been to two other arenas in my life (Chicago and Columbus) and neither had near as elaborate chants as we do. Were they loud? Absolutely. Were they only loud at certain times? More so than not. Bridgestone *typically* stays loud for 60 minutes.

How many of Nashville’s chants are just
“_____ you suck”?

I’d hardly consider those “elaborate”. It’s North America, there aren’t any elaborate chants or songs.

Reactions: bromine

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Yea but where’s the drama in admitting that.

It’s so predictable what’s going to happen, because it happens every year.

NBCSN shows about 10 teams play at home more than once or twice a season.

The team(s) from the “non-traditional markets” that make it deep into the playoffs are going to be seen as the new media darling because of how great their crowd is, when it’s just because people are just now getting to watch more than one of their games.

It was Dallas in the late 90’s, Carolina and Tampa in the 2000’s, Anaheim and San Jose a few years back, Nashville last season. Hell, even the Coyotes had their year where people said “damn their crowd is legit”.

And if Vegas makes the WCF or further, you can guarantee it will happen again.

Reactions: Its a Trap

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Homer vote of Winnipeg.

Dark horse vote to New Jersey

And Nashville because their fans are hilarious.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
The arenas that are usually the loudest are the ones with teams that have missed the playoffs for a while.
That's pretty lame if true. The Jets Arena is always loud, even when they lose. This year it's gonna knock the roof off!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Unless you visit all Arenas it's impossible to tell.
In my experience the ACC is quite a bit louder than the regular season but it's more the tension in the building that is really ramped up right from puck drop.

I know someone who was in both Nashville and the ACC last year and they said Nashville was louder.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
I have irreparable vocal chord damage from last year's Preds run. Not even being facetious. Alcohol desensitized everything and the real damage wasn't realized until the coming days/weeks.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
How many of Nashville’s chants are just
“_____ you suck”?

I’d hardly consider those “elaborate”. It’s North America, there aren’t any elaborate chants or songs.

Two. One about the goalie and one about the refs. There are myriad other, more complex chants that are common in Nashville .

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Fair enough. I personally however wouldn't say either culture is inferior. As a Euro I prefer watching NHL games. I go to the arena to watch the game and not to sing for 3 hours. As a father I also happen to find the NA crowd a lot less hostile to kids/families.
To each their owm

This. You can't quite compare the two.
I'm a Canadian living in Germany and the fan-cultures in both continents are simply different. A DEL or Bundesliga (soccer) game is generally full of lots of loud young men, many of them members of organised fan-clubs who sing orchestrated chants. That's obviously not the case in Canada where crowd noise generally reflects the on-ice action.

In Edmonton for example, a sustained oilers power-play or McDavid streaking down the right-side will elicit a deafening roar. In Germany on the other hand, the crowd noise seems more sustained, regardless of what's happening in the game. Don't get me wrong, the chants, the banner-waving, the clappers and the cow-bells are fun, but it's definitely odd if you're used to the NA style of cheering...It's almost as if the players and their performance are of secondary importance.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
come in a game 7 to the Bell Center..

When I was really young I remember going to the Forum and Gardens, both just amazing!

The Bell centre is one of the great newer buildings, they get loud as hell in there during the playoffs.

sofakingredrum*

Apr 24, 2017
Homer ^ Simpsons is on Sunday.

One loud note in a symphony doesn't mean the whole score was played to the forte crescendo that the real game was.

really thou, reminded me of toronto or something, was quiet for a bunch. And don't the presidents trophy winners go out in the 1st round?! So 2-3 games of some "noice" is rain on the rough, I mean bark, rrrr , bark, roof.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad