Loudest crowd

Runforthecup

Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Have had an interest in season tickets in TO (both MLG and ACC) and am currently a Jets season ticket holder.Have also attended NHL games in MTL, QC, CAL, VAN, NY(MSG), BOS, PHX, FLA, TB, COL, MIN BUF DET and perhaps others I have forgotten about. Loudness is Okay if it it is for the team you are cheering for.

I prefer crowds that can get inventive chants going.
Winnipeg was good at this until a few years back before they installed an organ to drown everything out. A couple of oldies were:
"Crosby's Better..." (Washington was in ) .
"Katie Perry" (referencing Corey Perry's penchant for avoiding a fight after hacking someone).
I would be interested to hear specific chants that other crowds have used.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I don't see how Nashville's chants being scripted should disqualify them in any way from this. Noise is noise and they make a lot of it. Their fans are having a great time, I think that's the whole point.

Where is this script? I must have missed my handout for it all the last 20 years. Have chants developed over time into tradition? Yes. But they were all grown organically. Wait til a goal is challenged and we sing Let It be. Something new that started 3 or 4 games ago. No prompting. Game Ops played it as a little tongue in cheek, now we have 17000+ with cell phones out singing.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Nashville has been rather impressive, I must say, probably because of how many people there are either good at shouting or because they moved there to pursue a failing music career but yet still have good vocals.

But just about every Canadian team has the loudest fans.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Nashville has been rather impressive, I must say, probably because of how many people there are either good at shouting or because they moved there to pursue a failing music career but yet still have good vocals.

But just about every Canadian team has the loudest fans.

I would have to dig it up, but this was said last year and Nashville recorded the highest decibel reading in NHL history and 2nd highest for indoor sports. The current record is 130.4 dba, and was achieved by the Kansas Jayhawks during a home game against West Virginia on February 13, 2017. Preds hit 129.4 when Forsberg tied game 4 in the dying seconds. Guiness World Records had reps in Nashville for Game 6 and the final in case it was broken. So factually, the Nashville crowd is the loudest in the NHL.

Reactions: ccp14a

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Reviewing all of the available evidence, and applying the most objective of perspective, clearly the loudest arena is the one that hosts (insert my favourite team).

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Homer ^ Simpsons is on Sunday.

One loud note in a symphony doesn't mean the whole score was played to the forte crescendo that the real game was.

really thou, reminded me of toronto or something, was quiet for a bunch. And don't the presidents trophy winners go out in the 1st round?! So 2-3 games of some "noice" is rain on the rough, I mean bark, rrrr , bark, roof.
I feel like there is a stone in the Egyptian desert that can help me decipher this post but until then, I've got nothing.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Its hard to say cuz quite obvious nbc was turning up the volume at times tonight in Nashville and then turning it down and Sportsnet is known for turning the volume down.

I believe the decibal meter in winnipeg was higher tho.

The PA announcer was obnoxiously loud at times tonight in Nashville... Its truly impossible to say tho due to the network shennanigans

I knew this was coming. We hear this every year from Winnipeg fans. "You turn your mics up to artificially make it sound louder. We Candians turn ours down."

Keep fighting the good fight.

Reactions: ccp14a

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
every year we have this same juvenile argument among fanbases about 'who is louder?! insert your team here _____. there are lots of really loud crowds. it's the playoffs for god's sake. no point in criticizing other teams crowds or fans. we are all just hockey fans here. NSH has a great atmosphere. WPG has a great atmosphere. if a team doesn't have a great atmosphere for the playoffs they probably don't deserve a team.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nashville has great fans and they are very loud , more power to them . I would way rather see a loud full arena than one that isn't . Although the car smashing thing , just makes me hear dualing banjos . :naughty:

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Have had an interest in season tickets in TO (both MLG and ACC) and am currently a Jets season ticket holder.Have also attended NHL games in MTL, QC, CAL, VAN, NY(MSG), BOS, PHX, FLA, TB, COL, MIN BUF DET and perhaps others I have forgotten about. Loudness is Okay if it it is for the team you are cheering for.

I prefer crowds that can get inventive chants going.
Winnipeg was good at this until a few years back before they installed an organ to drown everything out. A couple of oldies were:
"Crosby's Better..." (Washington was in ) .
"Katie Perry" (referencing Corey Perry's penchant for avoiding a fight after hacking someone).
I would be interested to hear specific chants that other crowds have used.

You'd probably enjoy a TFC game more than a Jays game

DREGER21

Mar 26, 2018
I was at MTS Centre on Wednesday and then re-watched the game on Sportsnet. Sportsnet without doubt turned down the volume to smother out crowd noise best they could. Watched Nashville yesterday... sounded very loud. If Fox didn't enhance the crowd noise... color me impressed with the Nashville fans. Boston was pretty loud as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->