McKenzie: Lots of Jonas Brodin trade talk coming out of Twin Cities

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Carrick fits the second description perfectly.

I would prefer to keep #17, but if it's 17+Carrick, I am sure the Leafs would jump on it.

cmon on man carrick needs protecting which the wild cant do and is why Brodin is available.

Also wild fan was responding to what needs to be added to kapanen so you are happy with Kap, Carrick 17 for Brodin?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Here comes the Galchenyuk for Brodin swap.

I hope not, unless Galch is a better C than he has shown so far. Wild are awash in young wingers, and in any event are sticklers about their forwards playing D. Just ask Vanek.

Wild need ED exempt pieces coming back, or a potentially elite C(in which case MN adds to a Brodin/Dumba with one of their many good young forwards or forward prospects).

I don't see a fit from MTL from MN's viewpoint, though i can see that MTL needs help on D.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I must say, as an Avs fan, I'm pretty interested ! I've always liked the way he plays.

But seeing Duchene in a Wild jersey would probably make me puke so ... :laugh:

I guess if it was Brodin + 2nd rounder I'd do it. :naughty:

Oh, man...sorry! We don't have a 2nd this year!

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
I hope not, unless Galch is a better C than he has shown so far. Wild are awash in young wingers, and in any event are sticklers about their forwards playing D. Just ask Vanek.

Wild need ED exempt pieces coming back, or a potentially elite C(in which case MN adds to a Brodin/Dumba with one of their many good young forwards or forward prospects).

I don't see a fit from MTL from MN's viewpoint, though i can see that MTL needs help on D.

This sums it up pretty well. Would love Brodin but can't really see us putting together a package Minnesota would really like in terms of exempt players.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
No, if Brodin is traded, Dumba will be protected and vice versa. in that situation it's Scandella exposed, Suter, Spurgeon, Dumba or Brodin protected.

If Scandella is selected, we have Olofsson ready to step in.

The bottom pairing would be Reilly or a UFA D-man with Folin.
Sure weakens the defence though. Leave as is and Vegas takes Brodin. Leaves Wild with Suter, Spurgeon, Dumba, Scandella, Olofsson and Reilly.

Trade Brodin, and lose Scandella to Vegas. Leaves a huge hole on defence. Lose lose situation from what I see. Sucks.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
What about Lehkonen+Beaulieu+ 1st?

Lehkonen is a two way winger, expansion exempt, just put up 18 goals in 73 games as a rookie. He had a decent amount of time on our Penalty kill this year.

Beaulieu either lesson the dmg from expansion draft or for some reason is taken instead.

As a Habs fan, I feel like this is fair value, and would be reluctant because Lehk is really something special. Unfortunately, I don't think all other fanbases completely understand yet how good Lehkonen will be. This guy is Loui Eriksson 2.0

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
along with Kapanen man, thats basically 2 1sts and a 2nd. Brodin is another LHD why would we do this

Brodin plays both sides, and very well. His first two years in the league he paired with Suter, and played on the left side.

That's part of why he is so valuable.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
As a Habs fan, I feel like this is fair value, and would be reluctant because Lehk is really something special. Unfortunately, I don't think all other fanbases completely understand yet how good Lehkonen will be. This guy is Loui Eriksson 2.0

Assuming we keep chucky and move him to centre or RW, Lehkonen is stuck on third line forever anyway.

Both teams do well here I think, Lehkonen has 2 years left on Elc doesn't need to be protected and will likely put up between 20-25 goals next year while playin on pk aswell

habs get a young defencemen for their left side

Wild also get Beaulieu, solid 5 or 4 if needed (not ideal longterm ) and a first. only thing they could lose is beaulieu which would also be a win for them.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If they get Galchenyuk what 7 forwards do they protect?

Like Tampa I think they'd prefer an ED-exempt asset.

You get it. PHI is one of the few teams who could work something with MN, if they wished. They have ED exempt assets, an oversupply of young D, and a need for a solid young vet to steady their team.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Assuming we keep chucky and move him to centre or RW, Lehkonen is stuck on third line forever anyway.

Both teams do well here I think, Lehkonen has 2 years left on Elc doesn't need to be protected and will likely put up between 20-25 goals next year while playin on pk aswell

Wild also get Beaulieu, solid 5 or 4 if needed (not ideal longterm ) and a first. only thing they could lose is beaulieu which would also be a win for them.

Nino-Parise-Zucker(-Greenway?)

He'd suffer the same fate in Minnesota, if not worse.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Probably better for Minny to do what Anaheim did and make a deal with LV so that they give up an asset rather than try to make multiple deals since they are going to lose a good player anyways. Like have them take zucker and the wild trade an asset to Vegas for a 7th round pick. Maybe send them scandella, so Vegas gets two good pieces from Minnesota. I

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
This sums it up pretty well. Would love Brodin but can't really see us putting together a package Minnesota would really like in terms of exempt players.

I think Scandella is a more realistic target for MTL, and would be a good fit there.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Where does he have to play to put up the 20-25 goals though? We have Zucker, Nino and Parise on the left side right now, Granlund and Coyle in the top 6 on the right side.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Probably better for Minny to do what Anaheim did and make a deal with LV so that they give up an asset rather than try to make multiple deals since they are going to lose a good player anyways. Like have them take zucker and the wild trade an asset to Vegas for a 7th round pick. Maybe send them scandella, so Vegas gets two good pieces from Minnesota. I

That's what many of us have been hoping for, if not expecting, all along. It might just be less feasible for us than Anaheim.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal

Fair point, but although Lehk is listed as a LW, he played his best games for us on the RW during the stretch near the end of last season. I never understood why he plays on the LW. He has a deadly shot, and is better served as a RW cutting inside..

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

I know but miny is deep every where. The only way you could fill a whole would be a young expansion exempt top 4 d playing in the Nhl right now for brodin. No nhl team would do that.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
cmon on man carrick needs protecting which the wild cant do and is why Brodin is available.

Also wild fan was responding to what needs to be added to kapanen so you are happy with Kap, Carrick 17 for Brodin?

Not that i'm interested in the trade, but Carrick doesn't need to be protected in minnesota, because he wouldn't be picked over Zucker/Staal or Scandella.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Losing Zucker AND Scandella is too much, but i get your point. Zucker really played well for us this year.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You get it. PHI is one of the few teams who could work something with MN, if they wished. They have ED exempt assets, an oversupply of young D, and a need for a solid young vet to steady their team.

Yeah, there's a pretty obvious formula for a Flyers/Wild trade. Manning is a cheap #7 LHD we wouldn't need if we got Brodin, and Brodin would be the 3rd protected dman along with Gudas and Ghost.

Brodin for Manning + prospect + prospect/pick

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fair point, but although Lehk is listed as a LW, he played his best games for us on the RW during the stretch near the end of last season. I never understood why he plays on the LW. He has a deadly shot, and is better served as a RW cutting inside..

We already have Nino playing on the opposite wing, and have Tuch, Kunim, Greenway, and Kaprizov waiting in the wings. More wingers are NOT a need for MN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad