Dreger: Lots interested in Horvat but if Kuzmenko is available, the number of teams interested would be the same as Horvat if not more.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Mediocrity? They have the 7th best odds for Bedard currently

Canucks will probably field more calls on Kuzmenko strictly because more teams can afford him. But if both are traded, no doubt Horvat returns more imo. Kuzemenko will not be cheap though.

950K cap on pace for 37 goals. Not past his prime. What would be the cost of that? 1st minimum.
Has to be a 1st and blue chip prospect at minimum...Kuzmenko is a young top scorer with good cap hit.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Love Kuz but if this management wants to get out of this cap hell hole, they gotta make the tough decision and move on. Circle back inthe summer if you really have to.. but you gotta get assets.
Doubt they can circle back to Kuzmenko if they trade him. The team he gets traded to will extend him right away and Vancouver loses another top scorer aside from Horvat which would be 2 top scorers. Canucks are better off shipping away Boeser and Garland while keeping Kuzmenko.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
It's a matter of best at basically no cap hit.

Teams thinking they have a shot will absolutely move a first for a 70 point guy with less than $1 mil cap hit. No brainer.
And if the team that trades for him has the room to sign him. That would be a great move.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's a matter of best at basically no cap hit.

Teams thinking they have a shot will absolutely move a first for a 70 point guy with less than $1 mil cap hit. No brainer.

Maybe. Maybe not.

But it's funny how every year on HF the selling teams all think they have 2-3 UFA players each that will end up getting 1st round picks.

Reality is on average only 2 UFAs per deadline get 1st round picks across all teams.

If Horvat gets moved he's certainly getting a 1st, Kane in Chicago will get a 1st... Not many UFA rentals beyond those two will actually end up getting a 1st. Maybe Kuzmenko ends up betting one, more likely that he doesn't however.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
So are they rebuilding or not?
1673573190812.jpeg

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I think the Canucks are going to try one last offer with Horvat. Its not going to go over 8mil AAV tho so it will be up to Horvat if he wants to give a bit of a discount and stay or not. If he rejects that offer, I see him being traded in February.

Kuzmenko I think they will bridge unless they get an offer they cant refuse such as a 1st round pick and more.

I think Van's plan is to move other contracts out first like Boeser, Garland.

Myers will be dealt this summer. Pearson traded or bought out.

He's a pending UFA. Not sure a bridge at this point gets it done.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
I dunno.

If I'm Vancouver I'm trying to sell Kuzmenko and Schenn as the best value contracts for rentals in the league. Horvat as the best potential centre available and I'm telling the world that this team is FINALLY rebuilding around Pettersson and Hughes

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Wouldn't a more succinct headline be: Kuzmenko would have as many suitors as Horvat?

No cap room needed for kuzmenko if he’s acquired at trade deadline. I’m sure 16 plus possible playoff teams would be pushing for kuzmenko. At least 25 teams should be calling Alvin. Let the bid wars begin !

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I dunno.

If I'm Vancouver I'm trying to sell Kuzmenko and Schenn as the best value contracts for rentals in the league. Horvat as the best potential centre available and I'm telling the world that this team is FINALLY rebuilding around Pettersson and Hughes
that would be a retool.

He is shooting 25%. That has dangerous regression to it.
he's not being traded as a 60 goal scorer.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
that would be a retool.

he's not being traded as a 60 goal scorer.
Horvat, Kuzmenko, Schenn gone this year

Myers, Pearson etc gone next year.

Boeser, Garland and more gone the following.

In 2-4 years or less the Canucks could have 12 players or more off the roster and ironically could still not have Pettersson retained as he may just want out regardless

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Oh wow, two players on Vancouver shooting that high is pretty crazy.
Kuz is a master of the tap in. Which you would think is relatively easy but it seems like a lot of players struggle with it.

Horvats shot this year as been crazy. He is beating goalies from distance on clean looks. I dont see him regressing from being a 30+ goal scorer anytime soon

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
The Canucks have to stahp buying high. Sell sell sell high… Especially when it comes to wingers and you have a brutal team defence. Get some assets back, and stop committing money. Get some picks and cap space and options will open for other assets that you can buy low on. But clearly that’s like rocket science philosophy in Vancouver

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
For the love of all that is holy, can the Canucks just do the right thing for once and trade these players when their worth is at is highest. Horvat and Kuzmenko should both be shipped out. This is a bottom 7-8? team it needs to freaking act like it and actually give the fans some goddamn hope.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
The Canucks have to stahp buying high. Sell sell sell high… Especially when it comes to wingers and you have a brutal team defence. Get some assets back, and stop committing money. Get some picks and cap space and options will open for other assets that you can buy low on. But clearly that’s like rocket science philosophy in Vancouver
Our owner prefers insanity, because doing the same things over and over and having them not work is so much easier than thinking logically.

Nov 1, 2011
For UFAs teams aren't offering a 1st period, outside of the very best available.

I believe Horvat and Kuz are pretty much the best available. (Kuz has 10 more goals and 9 more points than Kane while having a cap hit that is $9.5m lower).

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
It’s wild how good of place vancouver would be in if they sold Miller

-You have that cap space for Pettersson and kuzmenko
-You have the return in prospects and picks which helps the re-tool

The answer was so logical to everybody…… except Vancouver, and now they are like. Maybe we shouldn’t have signed Miller.

What’s funny is, management duped so many of these fans into thinking extending Miller was such a good move that they were defending it when any fan with half a brain was acknowledging the shortcomings of the extension and the overall vision. But nope, people were going to bat blindly for management to the point where one couldn’t help but wonder just how stoned some of these posters were.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00