Dreger: Lots interested in Horvat but if Kuzmenko is available, the number of teams interested would be the same as Horvat if not more.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I'll be surprised if either is traded. Van will likely re-sign them both and then buy out or pay to offload contracts (such as Pearson or Myers) in the offseason. In the unlikely event that they are traded, it won't be futures-based, it will be lateral "compete now " moves.

I think the ball is in Horvat's court.

If he wants to chase the money then he isnt going to be a Canuck much longer.

under 8 mil aav I believe is the hard stance the Canucks have taken and rightfully so.

Reactions: Canuck86

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I believe Detroit was on the Short List for the Kuzemonko Sweepstakes.

Van, Edm, Detroit, Tampa. Florida

I dont think Kuzmenko would sign that deal... Report is he wants a bridge deal and he is betting on himself being more than a 6mil player. Detroit will also have to come up with a number that Van cant beat.

Years worth of free dinner at Joeys will get it done.
If i'm Yzerman i'd definitely give Andrei Kuzmenko 3 years $21,000,000 that's the kind of deal that suits Yzerman anyways.

Reactions: UrbanImpact

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Still not sold the Canucks trade Horvat. I'd bet even money he's resigned by the deadline, they will cave.

There has been no re-building behaviour from this new management at this point. If they do trade Horvat it wont be futures as the centrepiece. Guarantee their goal is still to make playoffs next year, which is horrific.

Reactions: lawrence

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If i'm Yzerman i'd definitely give Andrei Kuzmenko 3 years $21,000,000 that's the kind of deal that suits Yzerman anyways.

This is definitely the kind of deal Kuzemenko is looking for in a bridge.

Since im guessing you dont want to trade for Kuzmenko now, then youre going to have to hope he gets traded by the TDL to somewhere else that doesnt have the desire or cap to give him that bridge offer. Otherwise it means Vancouver themselves have extended him.

Canucks arent going to let him go past the TDL without being traded or extended.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
It’s wild how good of place vancouver would be in if they sold Miller

-You have that cap space for Pettersson and kuzmenko
-You have the return in prospects and picks which helps the re-tool

The answer was so logical to everybody…… except Vancouver, and now they are like. Maybe we shouldn’t have signed Miller.
It was pretty much 50/50 here in Van between Media/Fans. I'd say outside of Van it was like 90/10 for trading him.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
It’s wild how good of place vancouver would be in if they sold Miller

-You have that cap space for Pettersson and kuzmenko
-You have the return in prospects and picks which helps the re-tool

The answer was so logical to everybody…… except Vancouver, and now they are like. Maybe we shouldn’t have signed Miller.
Yeah, that was a major mistake, but the OEL deal was even worse:

To Yotes:
- 9th overall pick (Dylan Guenther)
- 2nd round pick
- 7th round pick
- Beagle: 1 year at $3 mil
- Roussel: 1 year at $3 mil
- Loui: 1 year at $6 mil

To Nucks:
- OEL: 6 years at $7.26 mil AAV (insanely bad contract)
- Garland: RFA that they immediately gave 5 years at $4.95 mil (pretty bad)

They were almost out of cap hell, just 1 year left. But instead of just waiting 1 more year, they traded the 9th overall pick and a 2nd rounder to opt-in to 5-6 more years of cap hell. OEL and Garland bring almost nothing, and are eating up $12.2 mil/year for ages.

They wouldn't have got more than a 9th overall plus a 2nd rounder for JT Miller, and OEL+Garland at $12.2 mil is worse than Miller at $8 mil.

If they'd avoided both of those mistakes though, oh man, they'd be in great shape. 9th overall, 2nd rounder, young assets from dealing Miller, and terrific cap situation, would have been such a strong position.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well according to HF we already have about a dozen UFAs guaranteed to return 1st round picks! Might as well add another to that list.

Horvat, Kane, Klingberg, Schenn, Toews, O'Reilly, Domi, Tarasenko, Monahan, Kuzmenko, Gavrikov...

If all of these UFAs actually end up being traded... A lot of fans are going to be extremely disappointed in the returns they get for them.

Reactions: leafsfan5

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Well according to HF we already have about a dozen UFAs guaranteed to return 1st round picks! Might as well add another to that list.

Horvat, Kane, Klingberg, Schenn, Toews, O'Reilly, Domi, Tarasenko, Monahan, Kuzmenko, Gavrikov...

If all of these UFAs actually end up being traded... A lot of fans are going to be extremely disappointed in the returns they get for them.

Teams probably offering 2024 1st rather 2023.

Cant speak for that list, but Horvat is 100% returning a 1st unless the other team offers a top 10 in the world prospect..

Kuzmenko, probably 2nd and prospect...maybe a 1st for 2024

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Teams probably offering 2024 1st rather 2023.

Cant speak for that list, but Horvat is 100% returning a 1st unless the other team offers a top 10 in the world prospect..

Kuzmenko, probably 2nd and prospect...maybe a 1st for 2024
For UFAs teams aren't offering a 1st period, outside of the very best available.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
In all likelihood, Kuzmenko won't be demanding as much as Horvat on his next contract. So a team could re-sign him if he performs well in the playoffs.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
They are leaking names endlessly hoping someone makes them a moronic offer for one of their players
lmao do you really think GMS watch TSN insider or listen to radio hits by these insiders.

GMs dont leak interest to create a fake market. There's no upside

GMs can easily call other GMs to see if they are trully interested in a player or not or if the trading GM is just making stuff up.

How dumb do you think GMs are these days that you think they would act on a trade beacuse of a leak they heard from an insider.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Yeah, that was a major mistake, but the OEL deal was even worse:

To Yotes:
- 9th overall pick (Dylan Guenther)
- 2nd round pick
- 7th round pick
- Beagle: 1 year at $3 mil
- Roussel: 1 year at $3 mil
- Loui: 1 year at $6 mil

To Nucks:
- OEL: 6 years at $7.26 mil AAV (insanely bad contract)
- Garland: RFA that they immediately gave 5 years at $4.95 mil (pretty bad)

They were almost out of cap hell, just 1 year left. But instead of just waiting 1 more year, they traded the 9th overall pick and a 2nd rounder to opt-in to 5-6 more years of cap hell. OEL and Garland bring almost nothing, and are eating up $12.2 mil/year for ages.

They wouldn't have got more than a 9th overall plus a 2nd rounder for JT Miller, and OEL+Garland at $12.2 mil is worse than Miller at $8 mil.

If they'd avoided both of those mistakes though, oh man, they'd be in great shape. 9th overall, 2nd rounder, young assets from dealing Miller, and terrific cap situation, would have been such a strong position.

Yeah, tell us something we aren't already traumatized by every day as a Canucks fan.

Benning's entire tenure in Vancouver was a tragic display of incompetence. Ownership also has its fingerprints all over it.

Here's a refresher of some hits:

- Asking for Sbisa (instead of Shea Theodore)in the Kesler deal
- drafting Juolevi over Tkatchuk
- Dan Hamuis TDL bungling (Vrbata too)
- Gudbranson trade (moved a 2nd, McCann)
- Forsling for Clendenning
- Disgusting treatment of Tanev and Toffoli and letting them walk for nothing (and then making the OEL deal to try to compensate)
- Complete bungling the expansion draft
- Losing and trading draft picks at every opportunity
- Litany of god-awful UFA signings, where even to begin (let's start with Loui Eriksson)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Canucks continue to make everyone available and continue to be interested in everyone else on the market as well.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
lmao do you really think GMS watch TSN insider or listen to radio hits by these insiders.

GMs dont leak interest to create a fake market. There's no upside

GMs can easily call other GMs to see if they are trully interested in a player or not or if the trading GM is just making stuff up.

How dumb do you think GMs are these days that you think they would act on a trade beacuse of a leak they heard from an insider.
Well I don't think us schmucks are the only audience these GMs have in mind when they leak stuff. They also are aware players and FOs will read it (hence why tampering is a thing) but perhaps I have the cause and effect mixed up, and they are just calling every FO and dangling every player but Hughes/Pettersen in the hope that a GM will make a dumb offer and it's constantly leaking to the press.

In any case that's their strategy, pray for a dumb GM to fix their problems.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
He certainly the #1 winger on the market right and hes probably the most difficult player to really know where is his value

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Still not sold the Canucks trade Horvat. I'd bet even money he's resigned by the deadline, they will cave.

There has been no re-building behaviour from this new management at this point. If they do trade Horvat it wont be futures as the centrepiece. Guarantee their goal is still to make playoffs next year, which is horrific.

its a frickin nightmare. especially they are looking for a hockey trade for horvat. I’m done with this team.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Love Kuz but if this management wants to get out of this cap hell hole, they gotta make the tough decision and move on. Circle back inthe summer if you really have to.. but you gotta get assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad