Speculation: Loose-Leaflet: Leafs Schedule in March - the Race is On

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I think it depends on what games they are.

like I can see Bernier playing the entire Death Valley trip - and then Reimer playing against the Isles etc. I think at this time, now, the goal is to see if Bernier can play like most starters do - regardless of the shots, can you play back to back, or 3 in 4 nights, when the pressure is on.

I also think .500 is enough to get in - providing that we don't lose too many games against the division. if we 3 point the metro teams, [lose/win], and then 3 point California etc - that leaves outright winning the 4 points games [Tampa, Montreal, Detroit, etc]. and I know the leafs can do that. I'm not going to count this team short. We are going to come back rested, and ready to kick some massive Eastern Conference butt.

I hadn't thought about it like that but it's very possible. After the train wreck in Florida, Bernier said he was really tired after that game because the entire game was played in his end and it's tiring to spend an entire game going up and down (transitioning from standing to butterfly) without little rest. With the Florida game scheduled on Tuesday and Tampa on Thursday, instead of just going with Reimer in Tampa because of a tired Bernier, he just let Bernier to skip the practices so that he could rest up.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
he's the guy playing top 4 minutes on the Islanders. [does it matter if he's a righty? - sorry it's just that seems to be the number one question asked, and I don't know if that really matters. anyway - the Islanders pretty much said they aren't going to sign him, so if we could pry him loose somehow - I'd totally try and do it. but apparently Snow's asking price [which is funny considering that he'd be better off giving MacDonald what he wants], is crazy high

So sassy. I was just curious what side he played. It'd be more advantageous if he did, but I'd still be willing to have him depending on the cost.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I hadn't thought about it like that but it's very possible. After the train wreck in Florida, Bernier said he was really tired after that game because the entire game was played in his end and it's tiring to spend an entire game going up and down (transitioning from standing to butterfly) without little rest. With the Florida game scheduled on Tuesday and Tampa on Thursday, instead of just going with Reimer in Tampa because of a tired Bernier, he just let Bernier to skip the practices so that he could rest up.

:nod:
and that's probably what's going to happen.
this is how I'm seeing the splits.

Feb 27th (first game back) - @ Isles - Reimer. [he hasn't played since Carolina, chances are he's going to play this game].

March 1st: Leafs @ Canadiens - Bernier
March 3rd: Jackets @ Leafs - Bernier
March 5th: Leafs @ Rangers - Bernier
March 8th: Flyers @ Leafs - Bernier

March 10th: Leafs @ Ducks - Bernier
March 11th: Leafs @ Sharks - Bernier [depending on team play night before]
March 13th: Leafs @ Kings - Bernier
March 16th Leafs @ Capitals - Reimer
March 18th: Leafs @ Wings - Bernier
March 19th: Bolts @ Leafs - Bernier

March 22nd: Habs @ Leafs - Bernier
March 23rd: Leafs @ Devils - Reimer
March 25th: Blues @ Leafs - Bernier
March 28th: Leafs @ Flyers - Bernier
March 29th: Wings @ Leafs - Bernier [depending on team play the night before]

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So sassy. I was just curious what side he played. It'd be more advantageous if he did, but I'd still be willing to have him depending on the cost.

:laugh: sorry Joe - I really do apologise. it's just that people bring this up so much, I think I just go insane when people bring it up. it's like the #2 gaaahhh on my list.

#1: blind drop passes
#2: right handed defensemen

he shoots left [just did a google]. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad