Speculation: Loose-Leaflet: Leafs Schedule in March - the Race is On

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We've won February (regardless of what happens against the Isles, we have a winning month). Now comes the beginning of the final stretch - we entered this break at 70 points, 23 of them ROW.

Here's the schedule:

March 1st: Leafs @ Canadiens
March 3rd: Jackets @ Leafs
March 5th: Leafs @ Rangers <<<-------Trade Deadline Day
March 8th: Flyers @ Leafs

March 10th: Leafs @ Ducks
March 11th: Leafs @ Sharks
March 13th: Leafs @ Kings
March 16th Leafs @ Capitals
March 18th: Leafs @ Wings
March 19th: Bolts @ Leafs

March 22nd: Habs @ Leafs
March 23rd: Leafs @ Devils
March 25th: Blues @ Leafs
March 28th: Leafs @ Flyers
March 29th: Wings @ Leafs

Holy. Crap. It's going to be tough - but we did amazing last year when we played most of our own conference/division last year, especially down the stretch, and I know we'll do that again.

we're clearly going to be seeing Reimer in a few of these games - how do you think we'll do?

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Damn, this will be one insane month.

Of course with the top line playing like that it might not matter. But won't be an easy one.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
We've won February (regardless of what happens against the Isles, we have a winning month). Now comes the beginning of the final stretch - we entered this break at 70 points, 23 of them ROW.

Here's the schedule:

Holy. Crap. It's going to be tough - but we did amazing last year when we played most of our own conference/division last year, especially down the stretch, and I know we'll do that again.

we're clearly going to be seeing Reimer in a few of these games - how do you think we'll do?

the ones in bold are the ones that are most likely loses. rest of them can go either way. our fate is in our hands. the schedule isn't tough, its fair in terms of difficulty unlike our month of death a.k.a december 2013.

we can win a majority of these games easily. with bolland coming back, and possibly some form of addition at the trade deadline should help us secure a playoff spot comfortably and easily.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
What a complete ass of a schedule. 6 games in 9 nights!? 5 games in 8!?!?! Brutal. :help:

and we've been the only team in the league that's played 5 games in 7 twice, and 3 games in 4 nights [including travel] twice. I don't know if anyone [in the east anyway] that has a schedule like that.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
the ones in bold are the ones that are most likely loses. rest of them can go either way. our fate is in our hands. the schedule isn't tough, its fair in terms of difficulty unlike our month of death a.k.a december 2013.

we can win a majority of these games easily. with bolland coming back, and possibly some form of addition at the trade deadline should help us secure a playoff spot comfortably and easily.

We need another Gleason type D! Nonis better get on this with the March schedule incoming!

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Those California trips are always brutal. Then we have to fly back and play 2 more on the road in Washington and Detroit. Ugh!

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
March is a scary month. Every single team we play is a legit playoff team or a team right on the cusp of a spot. That pacific road swing scares me more than anything. We NEED to go at least .500, preferably better, to solidify a spot. Luckily Bolland and Holland will be back and Jay Mc should be healthy. Bernier will get a much needed rest as well. I just hope JVR and Kessel aren't burnt out. JVR especially, guy has taken a physical toll on his body all year long.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Read an article somewhere recently that said we have the 10th hardest schedule post Olympics going by points % earned of the teams faced.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Yeah, but look at the Florida trip.

Blown out vs. the bottom-feeding Florida, decisive win against playoff contender Tampa Bay.

You can't look at the schedule and pencil in wins and losses with this team (or maybe any team).

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

Here's the schedule:

500 the re4st of the way ,should put us in a playoff spot:)

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
That is such a scary schedule. It's not the competition alone...but look at how those games are spaced out!

I hope every other damn team has to play 6 in 9 or 5 in 8 because we've played more games than more than half of the league. If our schedule is that busy despite that, theirs better be as well.

Crazy to think that December was the hell month. We came out okay with that but this might be worse. 9 of the 15 games are road games and the team is below .500 on the road. They're going to have to dig deep and find a way to grab some road points.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
If the schedule is this rough for the Leafs (although tied for playing the most games in the league by the break they go right back after the break with 3 games in 5 nights)when are teams like the Bruins,Bolts and Wings and Canes going to play all their games in hand?

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
I'm not that worried about the schedule. The only really tough part is the california trip.

As far as the rest is concerned, the Leafs are a young team and actually have a decent record this season when they play back to back. All these games against division rivals like Montreal, Detroit, Tampa etc will be a good opportunity to pull ahead of them in the standings.

Having Bolland and Holland back and a decent back up in Reimer will go a long way once march rolls around.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
To say we need to play .500 on the road the rest of the way is pretty obvious. Some nasty road trips there.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
I had read somewhere that it "should" take 94 points minimum for a playoff spot. We have 22 games left. With 70 points right now we need 24 more points from those 22 remaining games. I feel pretty confident about our chances of making the playoffs this year. I think they can actually focus on trying to obtain home ice!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Arguably the toughest schedule to finish off the season. Big road trip, not many at home and a ridiculous amount of back to backs or games in short periods of time.

All we need is .500 hockey from here on out to make the playoffs. Let's hope they can keep rolling.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
I had read somewhere that it "should" take 94 points minimum for a playoff spot. We have 22 games left. With 70 points right now we need 24 more points from those 22 remaining games. I feel pretty confident about our chances of making the playoffs this year. I think they can actually focus on trying to obtain home ice!

The 8th best team in the conference is on pace for 91 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad