London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Has anybody else noticed the last 2 starts for Bowen he had given up juicy rebounds? Hopefully they win these 3 games this weekend starting Thursday against Colts.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Has anybody else noticed the last 2 starts for Bowen he had given up juicy rebounds? Hopefully they win these 3 games this weekend starting Thursday against Colts.
I would say this has been a consistent thing all year, just the last few games he hasn't be able to recover like he was before. Definitely something he needs to work on.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No, not at all ! I noticed a team problem but did not notice any one player problem at all.

Reactions: zman77

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016

He's had that tendency most of the season. What I've noticed of late, is that more of his rebounds are being given up in the high danger slot area. Previously, he'd been directing those into the corner areas, where his defensemen would have a better opportunity to get possession, or clear the puck.

It's correctable, and should be the goalie coach's responsibility to work this out during practice sessions, with shooters purposefully attempting to get him to give up rebounds, then working to control them.

Reactions: Harley49

Harley49

Nov 13, 2019
On The Glass
I’m stuck here in London…for the next few days what channel can I watch Knight on ……in town it’s on channel 13 ….. Thxs

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
He does give a few more rebounds than Brochu. Bowen was due for a couple of games like this. Hopefully next game gets his MOJO back.

Reactions: Harley49

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
I see Liam Foudy is really starting to get some ice time..good for him. What's the story with Alex Formenton? 18 goals last year with Ottawa and dissed from league this year...is it what i think?

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I see Liam Foudy is really starting to get some ice time..good for him. What's the story with Alex Formenton? 18 goals last year with Ottawa and dissed from league this year...is it what i think?
He's an RFA for Ottawa, playing in the swiss elite league right now. But I believe the lack of contract from Ottawa has something to do with the hockey Canada allegations and ongoing investigation.

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
He's an RFA for Ottawa, playing in the swiss elite league right now. But I believe the lack of contract from Ottawa has something to do with the hockey Canada allegations and ongoing investigation.
Yup ...that was what i thought. Hope that situation finally gets resolved.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Don't look now but Sania is slowly creeping up on our heels. 8 Points behind with 9 to play.
By my calculations, we need to win at least 5 of our last 9 games to hold our lead over Sarnia and at least 7 of our last 9 to hold off Windsor (assuming both teams win all of their final games).
Tough task with the northern road trip (Barrie, Sudbury, NB) then 3 games in 4 nights (at Guelph, Kingston, at Flint) then a 3-in-3: home and home against Windsor followed by the Season Finale against Kitchener

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
Don't look now but Sania is slowly creeping up on our heels. 8 Points behind with 9 to play.
By my calculations, we need to win at least 5 of our last 9 games to hold our lead over Sarnia and at least 7 of our last 9 to hold off Windsor (assuming both teams win all of their final games).
Tough task with the northern road trip (Barrie, Sudbury, NB) then 3 games in 4 nights (at Guelph, Kingston, at Flint) then a 3-in-3: home and home against Windsor followed by the Season Finale against Kitchener
We can do 5 of 9 . 7 of 9 probably not..but Windsor shows no signs of winning out.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
We can do 5 of 9 . 7 of 9 probably not..but Windsor shows no signs of winning out.
They really should win 7 of 9 looking at the remaining games and standings.

Northern trip this weekend will be tough, but should be able take 2/3. Beat either Barrie or North Bay and Sudbury should be a W

Next Week, Guelph should be a W but they have played us tough this year. Kingston, no reason that shouldn't be a W & Flint no reason it shouldn't be a W.

The last weekend, Windsor home and home. Go for a split, then Kitchener to round it out should be a W.

To me, 6 or 7 wins in the final 9 games should be expected. Which should get them 1st, because if we split the Windsor home and home, they can't run the table.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022

Northern trip this weekend will be tough, but should be able take 2/3. Beat either Barrie or North Bay and Sudbury should be a W

Next Week, Guelph should be a W but they have played us tough this year. Kingston, no reason that shouldn't be a W & Flint no reason it shouldn't be a W.

The last weekend, Windsor home and home. Go for a split, then Kitchener to round it out should be a W.

To me, 6 or 7 wins in the final 9 games should be expected. Which should get them 1st, because if we split the Windsor home and home, they can't run the table.
Ha Spits definitely won’t run the table. With injuries and recent play, hoping for 500 hockey.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I don't want to sound pessimistic but I don't believe that Sudbury game will be a sure win, it'd be a mistake for anyone thinking it's in the bag. Anything above .500 weekend will be a success and if they gain 5 or 6 points will be huge for the Knights, Windsor has the easier season ending in games. Cheers !

Reactions: dirty12

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I don't want to sound pessimistic but I don't believe that Sudbury game will be a sure win, it'd be a mistake for anyone thinking it's in the bag. Anything above .500 weekend will be a success and if they gain 5 or 6 points will be huge for the Knights, Windsor has the easier season ending in games. Cheers !
Oh for sure, nothing is assumed. Just saying based on where the 2 teams are at, it's fair to say the Knights should win, but they also should have beat Owen Sound a few weeks ago and we know how that went. They still have to play all those games, could go 0/9 and make us all look dumb! haha

London looking to end Sudbury's Friday night home winning streak. Sudbury looking to extend their Friday night home winning streak to 10 in a row.

Should be a dandy :popcorn:
Looking forward to watching this one as well, looks like Yearwood has been playing well for the wolves. I liked his style of play in London, just wasn't a spot for him. Good for him getting regular minutes and performing.

Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad