London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Great weekend for the team! Really starting to gel and come at teams with confidence on multiple fronts. I’m still very concerned with brochu, that goal was weak. Maybe he needs a move sooner than later as he is potentially compromising the team if it is attitude/motivation related.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Watching live, the too many men penalty felt like it was very close to a play that could result in an awarded goal. Ivanov had made it to the gate and the extra attacker had joined the play before Ivanov skated back to play the puck. The rule states that if the goalie is pulled and an illegal player interferes with an attacker in the neutral or attacking zone a goal shall be awarded. It’s borderline however since the goalie hadn’t step into the bench yet 🤷‍♂️.
However while looking that up I learned something new. If a team pulls their goalie in OT and gets scored on (except on a delayed penalty own goal) they forfeit their point earned in regulation. I know Federov has done this a few times in the KHL. Probably explains why you don’t see coaches taking the chance in North America (apparently all North American leagues have this rule, the KHL does not)

Reactions: rve24

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
Great weekend. Cowan is most improved Knight since start of season. When Diaco was out with Barkey and Cowan it actually felt like we had an offensive line. George seems very rusty giving up puck alot and unsure on his out breaks. Brochu is fine ...were not accustom on him giving up weak goals. He is the best goalie in the league at handing the puck, really helps out the defense. Bowen is confident in the net but completely lost handling the puck.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What's the story on Del Monte?

Also....this team takes a step back with Bujold in the lineup. They looked much better on Friday and Saturday up front

PS. Federkow is fitting in nicely on the wing
I think he is injured…. They should look into getting Bujold into another jersey…. Do you think Niagara would have interest in him? Needs a change of scenery

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Great weekend. Cowan is most improved Knight since start of season. When Diaco was out with Barkey and Cowan it actually felt like we had an offensive line. George seems very rusty giving up puck alot and unsure on his out breaks. Brochu is fine ...were not accustom on him giving up weak goals. He is the best goalie in the league at handing the puck, really helps out the defense. Bowen is confident in the net but completely lost handling the puck.
Cowan is a beauty! Kid looks like he’s so jazzed to be a Knight. Looks like a kid that’s been a Knights fan his whole life and dreamt of playing in the Bud.

Diaco and “the Twins” is a great little line (Al are tiny) very skilled, hard working and creative though….. George will get back to it hopefully. We have a nice D mainly good skating and offensive minded… who is/has been our best defensive D?

Brochu has terrible numbers, but what’s the best move here… if we move him do we take a major step back for this year?

Shane Vansaghi had 7 points in 7 games at the U17s as well…. Would be awesome to get Vansaghi and Hagens into Knights jerseys next year

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
Brett deserves to stay a Knight. If we get a crazy offer from a contender who needs a goalie to put them over the top..take it. If we keep getting better less chance of trade ( Brochu, Mailloux)

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
James Hagens has yet to commit to a college, but of course at some point he will to keep his options open. Hunters need to go all out to bring him here. Have Kane and Marner give him a phone call, and if need be add a suitcase full of cash.
He'll play for the USNDP for two years, then likely one year at college or London before turning pro. If he comes as advertised, he will be a top pick in the 2025 NHL draft. Kid averaged 3 points a game at U17s.

dino200022

Crane is becoming an OHL player right before our eyes

That is because he is a scoring forward. When you put a scoring forward in your bottom 6 and expect him to magically know how to become a checking winger things are going to go haywire. Hunter has finally put him in a role he has a chance to succeed in and it is paying dividends for him right now.

Reactions: LDN and Harley49

dino200022

What's the story on Del Monte?

Also....this team takes a step back with Bujold in the lineup. They looked much better on Friday and Saturday up front

PS. Federkow is fitting in nicely on the wing

I was a big advocate of making sure that Federkow left town no matter what. But ever since his first shift on forward I had to say I was very impressed with his play. Up front he is not put in any stressful situations and can do what he likes to do which is use his body. He has been solid on the wall, and great using his body in the corners. At worst he has turned himself into an everday 3rd or 4th line winger here.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
James Hagens has yet to commit to a college, but of course at some point he will to keep his options open. Hunters need to go all out to bring him here. Have Kane and Marner give him a phone call, and if need be add a suitcase full of cash.
He'll play for the USNDP for two years, then likely one year at college or London before turning pro. If he comes as advertised, he will be a top pick in the 2025 NHL draft. Kid averaged 3 points a game at U17s.
He can’t commit to a College until next summer if he plans on going that route for his draft year.

But like I said earlier - as a HIGH end prospect - he is likely NHL ready after he gets drafted so London may be the best option for him.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Just curious, how much does it cost a player or family to break their commitment to the USNDP?? I know Max Jones did it, but do I recall it was something like $100k??

Not recommending Hagens do that, but just purely curious.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Excuse me, but how does Brennan Otthamann only cost Guryev, 2 third round picks and a second round pick??

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He can’t commit to a College until next summer if he plans on going that route for his draft year.

But like I said earlier - as a HIGH end prospect - he is likely NHL ready after he gets drafted so London may be the best option for him.

Especially being a late bday kid who would be drafted a year later than most of his NTDP peers. Too early to say for sure, but at this point he's definitely tracking like a guy who would be straight to the NHL after being drafted.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Excuse me, but how does Brennan Otthamann only cost Guryev, 2 third round picks and a second round pick??
Don’t you wish he would have pulled a Knights Jersey on for that price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad