London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
U r correct.
London gave Windsor a old fashioned beat down. Ouch.
Never mentioned the game tonight as I'm only at end of 2nd now and posted after 1st. Just the idea it's some big rivalry is odd to me. Sure people want it to be ( me included) but I don't see it anymore. Heck last year was the only one in a decade plus plus Spits finished ahead of London in reg season or even win a PO rd. Takes 2 for a rivalry
My fav in last 30 years is still LK/KR early to mid 2000s. That was a rivalry.

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
For those who don’t know - James Hagens is one of the top players in his age group in the world. Theres a real chance he’ll be a contender for 1st overall in his draft year in 2025.

It should be noted that Hagens is a late birthday - so he’s going to be in a precarious position on where he plays in the 2024-25 season.

He will do his two years in the US National Team Development Program and after that it’s up in the air where he will go and what he will do. He will be in a similar position to Patrick Kane and Austin Matthews before him as high end American talents that are late birthdays.

Spending one year in College could be seen as pointless by Hagens who will probably be NHL ready right out of the draft. Going the college route was deemed as Redundant by both Matthews and Kane so they decided to spend their draft years in other leagues after lighting up stat sheets for the US Development program. Something similar could happen with Hagens.

Point is, you’re not getting Hagens to show up this year or next. But in the 2024-25 season, there is a legit possibility he could show up for London and It’s something to keep and eye on.
FWIW - James Hagens finished the U17 tournament with 21 points in 7 games played. A new tournament record.

He will challenge for first overall In 2025.

Reactions: rve24 and LDN

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
It's been said by folks who are wise in the ways of hockey, that you should never get too high or too low. Of late, Spits fans have become downright giddy about their start to the season, and I seem to recall one poster in particular, waxing on about their team not losing in regulation....and even counting games going back into last season.

On the other hand, the Knights have started off slow by comparison, and are learning incrementally, how to become competitive in this league. Thankfully, the Spits have contributed greatly, by providing some proof to that old axiom of getting too high vs too low. Our "lowly" Knights have learned that with a strong team effort, they can provide the "high & mighty" with a good old-fashion butt kicking. Just another step in their path of learning, but it has to be a somewhat satisfying one, given recent history.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Wish we traded for Othmann …. Such a low price for one of the top players in the O

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
FWIW - James Hagens finished the U17 tournament with 21 points in 7 games played. A new tournament record.

He will challenge for first overall In 2025.
TY for the updates. The posts here n elsewhere are appreciated

Reactions: LDN

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Yes Parsons is officially out of hockey
To bad to hear, I know he came out with recognition of some personal demons and his struggles with mental health. Hope he is doing OK and finds his path in life. Like I say a great Knight and always seemed to play at his best when the games got larger in importance. Pretty sure it was Erie he almost knocked out loosing in game 7 when we were clearly out matched as a team.

A full page on the Spits board pre game about the rivalry.....maybe 1 post here or none?
Rivalry got lost with 10 plus years of no contest in terms success....ya need 2 for a rivalry.
Still a big fan of the early-mid 2000s Rangers rivalry as my fav the last 30 years of Knights hockey.
Every team thinks they have a rivalry with London...it's cute

I still view the traditional rivalries as our true meanest foes

The Rags
The Spits
The Sting
The Storm

I'd love to see some true bad blood but it's completely removed from the game now.

Erie calling themselves rivals is just laughable. Owen Sound has emerged as more of a modern day rival than Erie ever will be in my opinion.

The team I get amped for the most is still Kitchener. There is just so much history between the 2 teams

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
A full page on the Spits board pre game about the rivalry.....maybe 1 post here or none?
Rivalry got lost with 10 plus years of no contest in terms success....ya need 2 for a rivalry.
Still a big fan of the early-mid 2000s Rangers rivalry as my fav the last 30 years of Knights hockey.
London was the better team last night.

London fans leaving the arena hooting and hollering and honking their horns leaving the parking lot you would think they had just won the Memorial Cup? The game got a "Hedon rating" last night. Haven't seen too many of those this year.

The rivalry still exists.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Still very early but an important game today. The Soo at home and the standings would suggest this is very much a winnable game for the Knights. We need the boys to step up and take care of business and book the two points. With our "games in hand" and the way we are starting to find the back of the net a bit we are sitting in a relatively decent position. Not sure it's all about how well we are playing but perhaps a Western Conference that's a bit weaker this year? Go KNIGHTS Go .....

7Wacked

Nov 30, 2019
Hopefully the boys have something left in the tank after handing one to Windsor. The third game in two and a half days is always unpredictable. The Soo I'll be dealing with the same issues. Hopefully it's a decent game this afternoon.
Go Knights.

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018

London fans leaving the arena hooting and hollering and honking their horns leaving the parking lot you would think they had just won the Memorial Cup? The game got a "Hedon rating" last night. Haven't seen too many of those this year.

Kinda sounds like any Spits win over Knights over the last 10 years....Spits fans reacting like they just won the Cup. I think anytime a 7th place team knocks off the 1st place team, particularly on the road, you'll get that type of reaction.

As for the rivalry, meeehhhhh, as PP31, every team in the league thinks they're London's biggest rival.

Looks like the Spits are in for a strong second consecutive season, maybe the rivalry will eventually revive. Enjoy the ride!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Hopefully the visiting fans were just vocal and not idiots.

I'm just old lol. If it is a rivalry it I don't see it. And not how I look at rivalries from years past. Game has changed. Maybe 2/3 PO rds in a 4/5 year stint would get it back. (for any pair of teams)

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Hopefully the visiting fans were just vocal and not idiots.

I'm just old lol. If it is a rivalry it I don't see it. And not how I look at rivalries from years past. Game has changed. Maybe 2/3 PO rds in a 4/5 year stint would get it back. (for any pair of teams)
No just vocal.

Reactions: rve24

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Kinda sounds like any Spits win over Knights over the last 10 years....Spits fans reacting like they just won the Cup. I think anytime a 7th place team knocks off the 1st place team, particularly on the road, you'll get that type of reaction.

As for the rivalry, meeehhhhh, as PP31, every team in the league thinks they're London's biggest rival.

Looks like the Spits are in for a strong second consecutive season, maybe the rivalry will eventually revive. Enjoy the ride!
Yes Spits fan react the same way.

For Spits fans (me) London is the biggest rival. Use to be Plymouth but since the move to Flint it has died out. London fans can pick their own rivals, it is a personal choice either way. Anyway enough on this topic I will show myself out.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Yes Spits fan react the same way.

For Spits fans (me) London is the biggest rival. Use to be Plymouth but since the move to Flint it has died out. London fans can pick their own rivals, it is a personal choice either way. Anyway enough on this topic I will show myself out.

Stop by anytime! Agreed, it is a personal choice.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Now 2nd place in the Midwest with that 6 point weekend. Pleasant surprise.
Thought Soo's PK was really effective, not giving the Knights many quality scoring chances. BMB and D'Intino, the London kids, accounted for the Hounds goals. Mailloux, the Windsor wonder kid, scores a big goal, blast from inside the blue line. Gibson with a gutsy block earlier on a Mailloux rocket. Edward did all the work on Cowan's GWG.
The Othmannless Firebirds in town next Friday.

Reactions: LDN

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
1668377238091.gif

Reactions: Maxxim1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes