London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
How does it work for players getting out of the USNDTP?

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Let Barrie stay in the game by not finishing their chances early n thru the game. But that's expected with a lack of finishers on a team if they do generate cgances. That woulda been a tough one on the team to not walk out with 2pts

Last 10 games LK is up there with the best in the conf. Not sure how I feel about that lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Nice to grab the point in OT even though we probably should have had it wrapped up in regulation if not for a few glaring gaffs. Man BB is really battling out there but is not the lights out Goalie we are used to seeing game in and game out. Thinking though he seems to be showing signs of years past recently. 7-3 past 10 overall, not bad considering a roster that really is missing the big time goal scorers of years past. Cheers to the Knights Rememberance Day ceremonies. As mentioned always well done by the Hunters and the organization.

Reactions: Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Knights dominated much of the game, but couldn't bury a lot of their chances. Looks like the "Ekblad curse" still haunting the Colts as their D-men have a proclivity for turning the puck over leading to London goals. Some of the best assists on London goals came from Barrie blue liners. Why was Sim's goal called off on the delayed penalty when no Barrie player touched the puck?

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Did Tyler Parsons retire?
Can't find much on the ole world wide web? Looks like he was signed in Calgary in August 2021 for a year but just don't see much on how his season went or if he moved on? Another case I guess of confirming the last step (into the NHL) is clearly the toughest step for players. What a great Knight though had some years to remember hope he is doing OK with life!

Reactions: rve24

dino200022

Can't find much on the ole world wide web? Looks like he was signed in Calgary in August 2021 for a year but just don't see much on how his season went or if he moved on? Another case I guess of confirming the last step (into the NHL) is clearly the toughest step for players. What a great Knight though had some years to remember hope he is doing OK with life!
Yes Parsons is officially out of hockey

dino200022

Knights dominated much of the game, but couldn't bury a lot of their chances. Looks like the "Ekblad curse" still haunting the Colts as their D-men have a proclivity for turning the puck over leading to London goals. Some of the best assists on London goals came from Barrie blue liners. Why was Sim's goal called off on the delayed penalty when no Barrie player touched the puck?
It was called off because the refree inadvertently blew the whistle before Sim tapped the puck into net. The referee anticipated the Barrie D man touching the puck after the rebound but instead the puck jumped over the Barries players stick and right to Sim. Unfortunately the referee had blown the whistle and the look on his face after it bounced over the Barrie stick was of pure fear knowing he messed up.

Reactions: rve24 and nelli27

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
Power play had a little different look to it with Crane envolved. Defense limited Barrie to very few scoring chances...two goals near end of second really helped out Barrie. Knights controlled all 4 minutes of Overtime.

Power play had a little different look to it with Crane envolved. Defense limited Barrie to very few scoring chances...two goals near end of second really helped out Barrie. Knights controlled all 4 minutes of Overtime.
Delay was due to player on Barrie had a seizure.

Reactions: nelli27

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007

Delay was due to player on Barrie had a seizure.
Not a player. The Barrie trainer collapsed.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
It was called off because the refree inadvertently blew the whistle before Sim tapped the puck into net. The referee anticipated the Barrie D man touching the puck after the rebound but instead the puck jumped over the Barries players stick and right to Sim. Unfortunately the referee had blown the whistle and the look on his face after it bounced over the Barrie stick was of pure fear knowing he messed up.
That's a tough one. Yes they should wait until it unfolds to react........but they are human.
Refs make less mistakes game in and game out than players n coaches....I truly believe that from experience. That's why I try n say co trol what ya can n battle thru the rest. Some people always gripping on refs when it hurts their squad. It evens out and os a smaller issue than what the players n staff can control.

But ya that's not a call they will use in a training video for stripes on how to call a play lol.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Knights 6 Spits 1
Post-game thoughts....
Windsor had twice as many PPs as London; certainly can't blame the loss on officiating. So, I checked that box. Cunningham says London's special teams both PP and PK rank 5th overall while Windsor's PP and Pk rank 15th.
Knights score more PP goals (1/1) and even strength goals (5) than Windsor.
London had a lot of odd man rushes, 2 on 1s, and at least 2 breakaways; Windsor struggled defensively. Offence wasn't much better...maybe they could have used Baisov.
Should give credit to Bowen, solid rookie goaltending. Onuska yanked after the 4th goal.
A very appreciative Windsor crowd chanting "Maill-you, Maill-you" for the home town kid! Wait, check that. Mrs. Nelli says that was no chant, they were booing the Spits. Makes sense...Windsor mailed it in; the fight didn't even inspire the home team to play better.
Crane with the hot stick of late....good to see.
Paris didn't factor into the scoring, and was no standout, but there was one thing that I noticed about his game. Last night against Barrie, he was soft defensively, losing his check on Vierling which resulted in a Barrie goal. Tonight he stuck like glue to his check. Minor observation, but the effort didn't go unnoticed.
Last year, I think London started the season 9-0, and I thought to myself....That's not really a "9-0" team. They're really not dominating games.
This year, Spits with the great start, and I'm saying to myself, that's anything but a great team.
That's all I got...Oh, I didn't count goal posts.

Hedon rating (if you don't mind!): 10/10

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
A full page on the Spits board pre game about the rivalry.....maybe 1 post here or none?
Rivalry got lost with 10 plus years of no contest in terms success....ya need 2 for a rivalry.
Still a big fan of the early-mid 2000s Rangers rivalry as my fav the last 30 years of Knights hockey.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
A full page on the Spits board pre game about the rivalry.....maybe 1 post here or none?
Rivalry got lost with 10 plus years of no contest in terms success....ya need 2 for a rivalry.
Still a big fan of the early-mid 2000s Rangers rivalry as my fav the last 30 years of Knights hockey.
U r correct.
London gave Windsor a old fashioned beat down. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad