London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I'm gonna be the first one to say it, but I love the deal for Raaymakers! Quote me on this at the end of the year, you won't regret him over Johnson. He also has a winning record against the Knights in his OHL career

Reactions: Otto

dino200022

I'm gonna be the first one to say it, but I love the deal for Raaymakers! Quote me on this at the end of the year, you won't regret him over Johnson. He also has a winning record against the Knights in his OHL career

He has actually been a Knights killer the last few years in the regular season stealing multiple games that is for sure. We will see what he brings behind our awful top 6 D Core...

dino200022

I'm not so sure he is. I watched the 2 games against Windsor that he was scratched...he was the element we were missing in those 2 games. Rollo has done nothing to really move the needle so far in London. I'd take Carbonara 10 times out of 10 if you offered me both.

Carbo`s value is far up and above that of Rollo if Carbo STAYS OUT OF THE BOX AND PLAYS HOCKEY. If he continues to put the Knights in bad situations on the PK and even out PP`s by doing stupid things he is far more valuable to the Knights on a different team.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I for one am glad that he Knights didn’t seem to overpay too badly for Raaymakers.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I’m still not convinced he’s a significant upgrade. I still see a tandem situation with Kooy by the end of the season.

The biggest positive I could see is having a vet shoulder more of the blows until the Team D situation sorts itself out instead of a rookie losing his confidence.

He's a little improvement to Johnson yes but most definately not worthy of what they paid for him, may be better than Johnson but he's no Parson and not even near, the Knights got played on this one. Check back after Christmas to see how well he's paying his worthyness !!!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm not so sure he is. I watched the 2 games against Windsor that he was scratched...he was the element we were missing in those 2 games. Rollo has done nothing to really move the needle so far in London. I'd take Carbonara 10 times out of 10 if you offered me both.

Ive been on this page from the day the trade happened for Rollo.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Good deal. Fair price. Hopefully he has a good year.
Kooy is off to a rough start, getting yanked 2x.
Seconds are far enough its no big deal, and Carbonara stays.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

I hope you are right! I really do hope he can save this season for the Knights, but I get this funny feeling about this trade. Do you remember the Gemel Smith Trade? He was a supposed "Knights Killer" look what he did for us......

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
D still needs to be improved in order to properly take advantage of th Raaymakers trade. Remains the reason wins are hard to come by.

jR, Rollo, collins and Returned Formenton are steps in the right direction. More work is needed on D

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What is the next move for the Knights? We need to start getting wins.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
This trade is garbage.... basically swap equal goalies and give away 2nd end picks.....

I'm lost in what we gained.... I hope raaymakers makes me eat my words cause as of now I'm a bit pissed.... at least we keep carbs he has been consistently good and contrary to popular belief he has stayed out of the box or at least took a guy with him the last 5 games or so... no issues at all!

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I don't see this helping the Knights in anyway. Its a lateral move for goalies and London gave up high picks. I have watched Raaymakers several times over the years since Sudbury plays the Soo 6 times a year and I think the Soo makes out really well. They now position themselves for a bigger deal and as well the Soo will getting a highly projected NHL draft pick in Sandin. London doesn't lose on too many deals but I have to say they did on this one.

WJ

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
So far we got rid of Mattinen. But got a great return... we trade for Rollo for a high price and he has done nothing (small sample size).... then Collins (zero risk add) .... now Raaymakers who is a high priced risk/reward.

I'm giving our playeplayer mgmt score a generous 6/10

Reactions: hockeylegend11

NineteenSixtyFive

Mar 7, 2016
I’m a bit tired of people ripping on the young defense. I added up some numbers from the first 10 games. Not sure if this will surprise anyone, but I think we should keep some perspective.

Total goals against – 40
PP goals against 10
EN goals 2

28 goals against at ES or when we have PP
Of these 28 goals here’s the breakdown of who is on the ice

Bangs - 1 (4GP)
Regula - 5
Fallowfield – 6 (7GP)
Coome – 8
Bouchard – 16
Collins – 3 (3GP)
Perrott – 4 (8GP)
Golden – 4
  • Player has played all games unless specified
If you want to exclude SH goals against that would lower Bouchard’s by about 6 since he’s on for almost all of them

In 8 games Perrott has been on for 4 goals against (ES). That’s pretty good. Bangs 1 in 4. Regula 5 in 10. Golden 4. None are alarming IMO other than Bouchard who seems to be on for about 75% of all goals scored (of course he plays about 66% of the game)

I think it’s a bit unfair to be blaming the defense for all the troubles of the team. Shot totals are balancing out now, the offense will pick up (LK has only scored 18 goals so far!) and they’ll be fine. I say give the D a break

I know this is a flawed calculation but just thought I’d point it out. I don’t think they are as bad as some seem to let on.

I’m a bit tired of people ripping on the young defense. I added up some numbers from the first 10 games. Not sure if this will surprise anyone, but I think we should keep some perspective.

Total goals against – 40
PP goals against 10
EN goals 2

Bangs - 1 (4GP)
Regula - 5
Fallowfield – 6 (7GP)
Coome – 8
Bouchard – 16
Collins – 3 (3GP)
Perrott – 4 (8GP)
Golden – 4
If you want to exclude SH goals against that would lower Bouchard’s by about 6 since he’s on for almost all of them

In 8 games Perrott has been on for 4 goals against (ES). That’s pretty good. Bangs 1 in 4. Regula 5 in 10. Golden 4. None are alarming IMO other than Bouchard who seems to be on for about 75% of all goals scored (of course he plays about 66% of the game)

I think it’s a bit unfair to be blaming the defense for all the troubles of the team. Shot totals are balancing out now, the offense will pick up (LK has only scored 18 goals so far!) and they’ll be fine. I say give the D a break

I know this is a flawed calculation but just thought I’d point it out. I don’t think they are as bad as some seem to let on.
The calculations mean little. It's the miscalculations that end up in your net..and there have been many on D this year.

dino200022

Total goals against – 40
PP goals against 10
EN goals 2

Bangs - 1 (4GP)
Regula - 5
Fallowfield – 6 (7GP)
Coome – 8
Bouchard – 16
Collins – 3 (3GP)
Perrott – 4 (8GP)
Golden – 4

Here is the issue with your numbers.....lots of those guys have barely played shifts so they mean nothing.

Coome - well he is a giveaway machine, slow to the puck and pushed around for a guy his size.
Bangs - 4 Games played....4 or 5 shifts all game and all shifts against the 4th line (Although he was about the only one who would stand up at the defensive blueline)
Fallowfield - Has been progressing but was sheltered to start the season on either the bottom pair or with Golden.
Regula - Slow as eff...but is progressing. Brain is there just a step behind speed wise
Bouchard - 1st rounder this year...not likely he has played himself to mid second . Don`t know if he is trying to hard to create offence but is very risky. Will never stand a player up at the blueline, will always back right in to the goalie. Great at screening our goalie.
Perrott- 8 GP but once again a few shifts a period and against 4th liners so numbers get thrown out the window
Golden - was expecting much bigger things from him, has been meh so far.

NineteenSixtyFive

Mar 7, 2016
The calculations mean little. It's the miscalculations that end up in your net..and there have been many on D this year.

28 minus the 5SH goals against, so 23 goals at even strength in 10 games. Slightly over 2 ES per game. I wouldn't say that's great but i don't think it's terrible.
Unless you're thinking of scoring chances to which I can't comment other than i think we all agree in the last 2 games the scoring chances heavily favoured London which I think is a sign of things to come.

dino200022

I hate it also when people say that it is not the defenses fault because the forwards are not scoring!

It may not be a big part of it but it most certainly does play a role. It is far easier to score off the rush when a forward can build up speed and get a solid pass from a defender rather then build up speed, have a pass two feet behind you have to stop and get going again. By this time the back checkers have caught you and a potential 3 on 2 now becomes a 3 on 5.....Lots of scoring starts from the back end this I can promise you.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This trade is garbage.... basically swap equal goalies and give away 2nd end picks.....

I'm lost in what we gained.... I hope raaymakers makes me eat my words cause as of now I'm a bit pissed.... at least we keep carbs he has been consistently good and contrary to popular belief he has stayed out of the box or at least took a guy with him the last 5 games or so... no issues at all!

I totaly agree, unless you are a Parson type your goaltender is as good as the team dressed in front him, they still need at the very least one more defense and it still may not be enough to salvage the year.

Now that Raaymakers is a full member of this team and despite my earlier negative comments I want to welcome and give him full support into our London World ! - And also wish the very best to Tyler Johnson in his future hockey progress !

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I feel better about tbis deal after reading all the comments ;)

Its a wait n see for me. Who knows with the goalies lol. Odd creatures. Itll take a couple weeks Id guess to get into the flo.

I do think they needed to get help at that position thou. Johnson/Kooy wasnt strong enough, so they flipped the elder one.
No biggie with the picks. Those can be replaced easily enough over the next couple years when the squad is again built up to go for it.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
He is better then Johnson . So what is all the crying

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Total goals against – 40
PP goals against 10
EN goals 2

Bangs - 1 (4GP)
Regula - 5
Fallowfield – 6 (7GP)
Coome – 8
Bouchard – 16
Collins – 3 (3GP)
Perrott – 4 (8GP)
Golden – 4

Not too sure what is the point exactly you are trying to communicate with your half done statistics. May I remind you the amounts of players on the ice at times of any even strenght goals is six including the goalie , and the fact some players plays 25-30 mi. a game and some others may only see 4-6 minutes ! There are no transparancy in your statistics to hide your attack and your personal disliking of Bouchard !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad