London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Its a 19 year old tournament so I think that unfortunately one of the 2 between Thomas and Formenton wont make the team so I will assume that Formenton will not make the team this year but will be there next year for sure.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Head coach Dominique Ducharme announced that Canada has cut defenceman Dennis Cholowski, Kole Lind and forward Cody Glass as the team inches closer to Boxing Day.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Its a 19 year old tournament so I think that unfortunately one of the 2 between Thomas and Formenton wont make the team so I will assume that Formenton will not make the team this year but will be there next year for sure.

It's a fair assumption but we'll see in a few minutes

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
There are still 30 players at the camp after the 3 cuts tonight

His chances just got a little better tonight with the two forward cuts. He has no international experience so he really need to be a standout to be noticed, scoring a short handed will definitely help that.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Formenton has a very good chance to make Team Canada.
He has proven people wrong many times.
2 years ago he was an 11th round pick for the Knights @ 5'6 140 lbs.
He impressed the Senators so much that he was included into their Opening Day Roster.
Cody Glass and Kole Lind are cut tonight.
That makes 16 Forwards left on Team Canada's Roster.
Team Canada will probably carry 13 Forwards...............3 more to go.
What's in his favour?
Speed...........he's one of the fastest juniors in the World!
He can easily be slotted onto the '3rd or 4th Lines.'
Scoring a Short Handed goal today definitely helps his cause to play on this team.
He scored with a snap shot into the top shelf glove side.............beauty!!
Prediction: December 20th, Wednesday.
London Budweiser Gardens
Team Canada vs Czech Republic
Team Canada Roster will include 3 Knights:
Victor Mete
Robbie Thomas
Alex Formenton

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Jonathan Ang cut as well............. Formenton looks good!!
2 more to go.............probably cuts made tomorrow.
xciOLZhC_bigger.jpg
Mark Masters‏Verified account @markhmasters 21m21 minutes ago

1f1e8-1f1e6.png
cuts Jonathan Ang

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Game against Denmark tomorrow..............cuts to follow.
xciOLZhC_bigger.jpg
Mark Masters‏Verified account @markhmasters 18m18 minutes ago

Cuts done tonight To recap,
1f1e8-1f1e6.png
released Cholowski, Glass, Lind, Harvey, Stanley, Ang
27 players remain Selection camp wraps up with game against
1f1e9-1f1f0.png

tomorrow at 2 pm ET with final cuts expected afterwards

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Game against Denmark tomorrow..............cuts to follow.
xciOLZhC_bigger.jpg
Mark Masters‏Verified account @markhmasters 18m18 minutes ago

Cuts done tonight To recap,
1f1e8-1f1e6.png
released Cholowski, Glass, Lind, Harvey, Stanley, Ang
27 players remain Selection camp wraps up with game against
tomorrow at 2 pm ET with final cuts expected afterwards

4 cuts to go, the odds of Thomas and Formenton look pretty good now!!! :popcorn:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
4 cuts to go, the odds of Thomas and Formenton look pretty good now!!! :popcorn:

Only 2 More Cuts-Forwards on Team Canada:
0dao5fzY_bigger.jpg
Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 19m19 minutes ago

Keep in mind positions can change but here’s what’s left up front:
LW — Dube, Katchouk, Gadjovich, Comtois, Formenton, Kaspick;
RW — Raddysh, Kyrou, Steenbergen, Batherson, Suzuki;
C — McLeod, Steel, Thomas, Howden.
Two forwards need to be released.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Thinking realistic here Ang Lind and Glass are all better players then Formenton. Odd choices for cuts
So Say You.
Formenton is a heck of a player...............he does a lot more than shows up on a score sheet.
I'd say that Formenton is a lock on the Team Canada Roster.
My guess is there are 4 Forward players the Coaching Staff will be focusing on tomorrow.
2 of the 4 will be cut.
Formenton is not one of those 4...............he made Team Canada today.
Well deserved.
Just my opinion.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Thinking realistic here Ang Lind and Glass are all better players then Formenton. Odd choices for cuts

All three of these forwards cut were right shots leaving them with only six some of them will play center. I am guessing out of the 15 skaters two will be cut from the 9 left side to make it 6R and 7L for a total of 13. Thomas is sure to be on at center, Formenton not so sure yet.

Team Canada;
Rosters

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

What exactly makes Ang better than Formenton?

Not familiar with Lind but Glass is definitely surprising. Still you don't always just take the 12 most skilled guys and apparently Glass was bad in both games while Formenton was good.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Some crazy trades going down! Kirill Niznikov traded to Sudbury and Aaron Luchuk traded to Barrie. C’mon Rob Simpson let’s see what you got. Last year you had an abundance or picks and assets, let’s see what you do will limited assets!

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
So Say You.
Formenton is a heck of a player...............he does a lot more than shows up on a score sheet.
I'd say that Formenton is a lock on the Team Canada Roster.
My guess is there are 4 Forward players the Coaching Staff will be focusing on tomorrow.
2 of the 4 will be cut.
Formenton is not one of those 4...............he made Team Canada today.
Well deserved.
Just my opinion.

Not saying Formenton isn’t a good player. He is. I feel Glass and Lind are better players.

And just because someone makes Team Canada, doesn’t mean that it is the right decision. Management makes mistakes

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Not saying Formenton isn’t a good player. He is. I feel Glass and Lind are better players.

And just because someone makes Team Canada, doesn’t mean that it is the right decision. Management makes mistakes

Fans makes mistakes too, Glass and Lind may be better than Formenton but they happens to be the players they feel are not fulfilling their needs for that team at this time.

It's not always about following the order of best players available, sometime it's about who will best fit in to perform a certain role on the team. They can't have four full lines of all goal scorers on the team standing by the goal mouth and without anyone digging for the puck in the corners. Each players has a role to do on their line and each line has a role to do on their team, like a puzzle the team of management must find and fit in the winning combination of players that they believe will bring best result and ultimate team success. IMHO

I think the decision all boils down to the fact Formenton has the skating ability to play any role required of him. Lind, Ang and Glass do not. Doesn't mean all 4 aren't capable of playng on Team Canada, just means the other 3 aren't capable of playing the role I believe Formenton will be tapped to play.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Thanks Birddog.
Canada's National Teams in Hockey are loaded with talent.
Realistically, there are 10-20 players across Canada who could've 'iced'
another team and done very well.
Cliff Pu is a player who has excellent 'tools' that compares with anyone who makes Team Canada.
He has high end speed, excellent puck handler and is one of the best on FO's.
He wasn't invited to the Final Camp.
Alex Formenton is a diamond in the rough.
He's not just a 'speedster.'
Formenton plays a 'physical 200' game.'
As shown yesterday with his Short Handed Goal, he has quick hands and a great shot.

Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad