zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Gutsy Win by the Boys!!
Shots on Goal:
London......40
Erie..............35
Bouchard had 11 Shots.........Goal and Assist.........+2
1st Star
He's in the Top 6 or so for SOG in the OHL.
Razor made some stellar saves throughout the game including the OT.
3rd Star
Cliff played an excellent game............lots of ice-time.
He was 22 for 33 on Face Offs.
The 'young bucks' did very well.
Patience is key here.
I have faith in that they'll continue to improve during the season.
Some players take longer to develop than others.
How good can a player get when he's practising with guys like
Cliff Pu, Jones,Thomas, Formenton, Miletic and Bouchard?

Reactions: TheCoach and LDN

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Tymkin first star and Foudy third star. Those kids play better with way more playing time I tell you.. NO TRADES!!!!!!! :popcorn:

You're kidding, right? Let's not forget they were playing the 2nd worst team in the league.

I was going to add that it'll probably be the last game we win until the World Juniors are over, but I see we do play Flint and Missy during that time, so I guess there may be some hope yet......ugly, ugly game.....sorry to be such a downer, but that was not pretty at all!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Once Chris Maton removed the weights off their skates, so it seemed, the Knights were flying and played really well as a team.

Excellent team win that will go a long way in boosting team moral.

Reactions: zman77

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
You're kidding, right? Let's not forget they were playing the 2nd worst team in the league.

I was going to add that it'll probably be the last game we win until the World Juniors are over, but I see we do play Flint and Missy during that time, so I guess there may be some hope yet......ugly, ugly game.....sorry to be such a downer, but that was not pretty at all!

No trades as in stop talking about trading Tymkin and Foudy because they arent that great when they can show what they have with Thomas, Formenton and Jones gone to prove that they have a higher value then people have been giving them lack of credit for. Thats all.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Rob Simpson discusses the 2017-18 Knights Season
Ryan Pyette LFP:

How much pressure was there to fix the roster immediately while
the team struggled out of the gate?

"That's what our organization does. We're not going to sit by idle and let that record go on for the entire season. If we have to make trades or moves to get us pointed in the right direction, we're going to do that. We believed in our group early on. We have a lot of very good players. We believed in our Memorial Cup experience on the roster. Sometimes, you have to make tweaks. Some of those trades have given us more experience. It's helped our club. Dale and the coaching staff have done a good job of turning things around. We all believed we were better than our record early."

[mod: read the rest at the link]

London Knights GM talks about what's next

Last edited by a moderator:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Maksimovich is a nice skilled player. Would he be available without giving up a 2nd?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I sure hope Simpson gets some kind of indication from Montreal brass on whether or not Mete is coming back.

Otherwise, he's got about 3 days to decide if London is buying or selling.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I sure hope Simpson gets some kind of indication from Montreal brass on whether or not Mete is coming back.

something gives me the feeling they have made a decision on Mete because technically Mete could played with Montreal till the 19th then went to team Canada

Reactions: LDN and Knights2729

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

They are in contact.
No gaurantees, but if the Habs D can stay hwalthy until Jan.....It goes a long way towards them returning Mete.

Didnt think Id see it after his start but Id gladly be wrong

Reactions: TheCoach

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Possibly 7 new players on this roster?? Better keep this a dream......

10 players including. Mete, problem is if Mete is returned, London only has 3 cards to use afterwards.
Currently 24 players on roster plus. Carbonara and Johnson the 2 traded players.McKinnon despite being a free agent didn't count because he played less then 5 games.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
If Mete is returned, they really only need 3 players.
One top 6 forward
One top 9 forward
One D-man
IMO

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
10 players including. Mete, problem is if Mete is returned, London only has 3 cards to use afterwards.
Currently 24 players on roster plus. Carbonara and Johnson the 2 traded players.McKinnon despite being a free agent didn't count because he played less then 5 games.

No problem at all, they only need three, a top six RW a top four experienced LD and an experienced Goalie and they are strong to go in. They don't want to disturb the team they just want to fill in the holes they need

This team needs a hell of a lot more than 3 players. Hell we need 3 in our top 9 alone. If Mete returns we'll be OK on D..no real need to add there but still not out of the question. I'd be pushing for the starting goalie or goalie depth the most. That is where we're gonna get bit in the ass.

Goalie depth 1st...our net is not Championship caliber goaltending especially if JR goes down
then a sniper and support winger

D is the least of my concerns with Mete back eating 30 a game

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I think our bottom six will be alright once they figure it out, still have three and half months to playoffs. They are still (bottom 6) in the on ice chesmistry building mode and are only on ice limited amount of time per game to work it out, lot of passing looking for the good play not wanting to be tag puck hog etc. It's just matter of time for them to realise someone needs to shoot on net and who will be the triggerman in order to acheive success. Get one good right winger and it triggers down to reinforce the bottom two lines.

Getting too many players will disrupt an already fragile team chemistry that they are building on to this point since their ruff start to the season. IMHO

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011

You my friend are a realist. I watched the game as well and Erie is brutal! Knights didn't get off the bus in the first then took over but Erie's defence is among the worst I've seen. Good game for some of Knights supporting cast though.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Seriously only 3 cards? Is there any way we can get more? If it is only 3 cards we need to be selective with who we get. I think if we get a player that can play in our top 6 to round it out that would be great.

Reactions: Fastpace

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If we could get a gritty top 9 forward who can kill penalties, has size, good at cycling the puck and can drive a line then that would round out our forward group.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If we could get a gritty top 9 forward who can kill penalties, has size, good at cycling the puck and can drive a line then that would round out our forward group.

We need a top six RW , we're extremely weak on that side right now with only Tymkin and Cottam listed at that position, we just can't go in on a run without a top notch right hand shot. Rollo can move down and fill in the penalty kills much the same way MacDonald did for us for 5yrs.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Rob Simpson Interview
Q: Are you buyers or sellers at the trade deadline next month?
"We're looking at this year and what we have in front of us. We're projecting the future, but those are internal decisions and conversations we'll have with our team. We want to contend and try to win every year. From the players to our coaching staff and management, we're competitive people. We don't ever want to come into a season thinking this is a rebuild year and we're OK with that. We want to try to find a way. That's what we're pushing toward. We're going to continue to do what will make our club better every year. It's hard to say we're going to change that one thing.
We'll be creative and that hasn't changed."

The Knights will be making some smart moves that will make them
'winners' now and next season.
Last year they went for 'Star Players'.
Mitchell Stephens was a good trade...............not the others.
The 2016 Mem Cup Year:
Jacob Graves appeared to be a 'minor move' but was a key factor in the Knights win.
Mark Hunter pointed to Graves as a big part of the Knights success.
The Knights have 5 Right shooting D-Men.
Bouchard, Regula, Collins, Perrott and Fallowfield.
Note: Mete likes playing the Right side too.
All 5 have played well and have adjusted to playing the Left side.
imho, I see them trading for a 'stay at home' Left D-Man.
Add:
Maybe Victor Mete.............Best D-Man in the CHL.
Maybe Sokolov......................Excellent Right Wing Sniper.
Maybe Pezzetta...................Tough 2 Way Centre who's also good on FO's.
Maybe Tkachuk...................Top 5 Pick Forward in this 2018 NHL Draft
Looking forward to the 'Trade-Deadline.'
Always fun and exciting.
Razor will be the X Factor in the Play-Offs!!

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Rob Simpson Interview
"We're looking at this year and what we have in front of us. We're projecting the future, but those are internal decisions and conversations we'll have with our team. We want to contend and try to win every year. From the players to our coaching staff and management, we're competitive people. We don't ever want to come into a season thinking this is a rebuild year and we're OK with that. We want to try to find a way. That's what we're pushing toward. We're going to continue to do what will make our club better every year. It's hard to say we're going to change that one thing.

The 2016 Mem Cup Year:
Jacob Graves appeared to be a 'minor move' but was a key factor in the Knights win.
Add:
Always fun and exciting.
Who would the Stay at home left D be? What are the options?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Rob Simpson Interview

The 2016 Mem Cup Year:
Add:
Always fun and exciting.

Trading a right D for a left one is a good option for sure, I hate to see any of our young defenders go as I for one really like what they've shown so far. I would also like them to check on RW Taylor Raddysh availabilty even tho he's with a rival divisional team. Beside being an offensive threat Raddysh is very good as well on the other side of puck, it is one of the reason his line possess the puck so often as he works hard to get it back along with his linemates. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad