zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Victor Mete................Montreal vs Washington
Played 16 Minutes...........0 Points -2

Alex Formenton......Ottawa vs Detroit
Played 5 Minutes.............0 Points

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Speculation on the Windsor forum is that London is offering big time for Dipietro.

I don't think this makes any sense for the Knights, given their present and foreseeable status. Team management know this season will be a rebuild, and making an offer that'll cost prospects & picks for an elite level goaltender will slow down a serious dedication to that task. London fans have shown to be patient in these situations, so there's unlikley to be any significant fall-off in attendance while this takes place. They've been there and done that! Kooy is a young goalie who is just getting his feet wet. He'll be fine with more experience, and ready to play the starting role when the cycle builds to it's peak. If acquired now, Dipietro will be long gone when the rest of the players are ready. Good goaltender....wrong timing.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Look people we suck. Our best player tonight was Miletic followed by Nelson and Foudy.

Flipping back between the leafs game and the knights tonight..... Jones Pu and Thomas have to pick up the speed. Jones has it but needs to show consistency and discipline as stated before. Has Pu become slower, where is the extra step around the outside? And Thomas just needs to show he can do it without a supporting cast.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I didn't catch this one but jeez, getting pumped by a fellow basement dweller is not good.

If a deal around Day/Dipietro went down, I would think Simpson has lost his mind.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Look people we suck. Our best player tonight was Miletic followed by Nelson and Foudy.

Flipping back between the leafs game and the knights tonight..... Jones Pu and Thomas have to pick up the speed. Jones has it but needs to show consistency and discipline as stated before. Has Pu become slower, where is the extra step around the outside? And Thomas just needs to show he can do it without a supporting cast.

I was thinking the same, they played the exact same way that lost them the series last spring against Erie, -out shots -out hustled -out worked -out played and out speeded. They even got worst on the power plays by even doubling down on their already slow hustling that produced two short handed goals for Erie. The only thing positive right now is everyone are the same as they all are losing as a team !

I am very disappointed with Pu's play since the mid season last year, he used to be all over the ice out skating everyone. We have 7 players on this team with NHL camp experience playing at junior B level speed except for Jones, and he spends most of his time in the sin box or he's made to sit on the bench to be deciplined.

They should have picked the pace up long ago, NHL blues should have left them by now and should be time to lead this young team to respectability !!!

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Well they might wind up being a last place team if they don't start getting offensive contributions meaning goals.
Did you the Knights have 13 new players this season, including vets signed or aquired, players considered rookies,and they are the only team in the league that has yet to get a goal from a new player,and in fact new players only have 4 assists in total,the lowest in the league too.Moskal,Brand, and both Whittakers have 1 point each,and the one Whitaker Liam,a dman got his point playing forward in game1 vs Windsor,and has been in JR B ever since.
Even Erie the team just above them,has 7 points 2G,5A,from their 10 new players.
Windsor by comparison with it's 13 new players leads the conference with
22 points,9G13A,and is 3rd in the league,with Sudbury #1-29 points,12G,17A,and Barrie #2-28 points,11G,17A,those clubs have 13 and 10 new players.

Thanks stats guy ;)
Interesting we dont get the benifit of your detailed info when the team is doing well lol. But everyone has seen your selective use of #s over the years.
Please enjoy :) It wont last long.

And yes, London right now is as bad as it record suggests. No excuses.
But it will get better.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Thanks stats guy ;)
Interesting we dont get the benifit of your detailed info when the team is doing well lol. But everyone has seen your selective use of #s over the years.
Please enjoy :) It wont last long.

And yes, London right now is as bad as it record suggests. No excuses.
But it will get better.

Don't you know the best time to do a statistical analysis is after 6 games?

Reactions: BrunoDaBear

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Call me overreacting or whatever. I don't think Simpson is a great GM. He traded Sherwood too early last year and he traded Mattinen too early this year.
I would be fine with a rebuild this year though. Their D is too young, and I've seen enough of Pu and Jones. They can go too.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What shall this team do? 7 games into the 2017-2018 season and we are at 1 win 6 losses. 13 goals for 31 goals against. On paper this team is not as bad as it shows. They need to wake up though. The talent is there....Could it be a leadership problem?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Although it sure hurts "back home" but to watch Formenton (who will be back) and Mete (who won't be back) and Horvat, Kadri and Bratt (not really ours but what the heck) to name but a few .......contribute to their NHL Teams it sure puts a smile on your face. I understand fully why Dale sticks to the OHL and didn't resign with Washington when he had the choice to make.

Makes you feel good to have seen these great young players develop here and go on to a career fulfilling their dreams. Well Done London Knights ........... we won't be dead last forever but this may be a year of "Remembering Memories" perhaps rather than making them? LOL

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I am very disappointed with Pu's play since the mid season last year, he used to be all over the ice out skating everyone.

Pu seemed to be really shook up after London went crazy last year with all the veteran additions. Like the kid took it to mean the team had no confidence in him so they had to add all these additional players. I agree he has not been the same player and he appears to be off to a struggle again after Buffalo told him he wasn't quite good enough? He seems to be "soft" when someone questions or appears to question his skill level rather then dig down and make improvements in his game so that they can't say NO next time.

Reactions: Fastpace

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Just gotta call him out his selective use of/ and timely use of stats n trolling occassionally ;)
He would be dead silent on this board if LK was doing well ;)
What shall this team do? 7 games into the 2017-2018 season and we are at 1 win 6 losses. 13 goals for 31 goals against. On paper this team is not as bad as it shows. They need to wake up though. The talent is there....Could it be a leadership problem?
I don't think the Knights are considering a coaching change,but...

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Right now this team is three top four Defensemen, one top 6 fwd, one bottom 6 fwd, and a starting goalie away from contention.

If we get Mete and Formenton back we still need 4 pieces. Not impossible but not cheap either.

Day + Depietro for Rowe, Johnson and three 2nds and three 3rds

One more D for two 2nds and a 3rd

One more Fwd for Nelson a 2nd and 3rd

Then we might be in contention. Maybe

Last edited:

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Positive notes
Alex Regula ,like his play for a rookie.
Good skating ,long reach,pasing and good positional.
Not overly physical but uses size to block lanes.
Can see him on top pairing sooner than later.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Reading an artical in the London Free Press it is making me realise the brass has not taking notice how slow the Knights have been playing lately ;

RICK STEADMAN
"They're (the penalty kill) taking away our time and space," London assistant coach Rick Steadman said. "Then, they're making good plays. We have to be more of a unit and support each other and take those (shorthanded) chances away."

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/10/07/knights-fall-to-1-6-with-5-2-loss-in-erie-saturday

I really hate to be critical of a favorite team of mine, but if they could step back a little and see it from the stands they'd realise what it's really happening out there. Their feeling of no chance at making plays, maybe it's because they are allowing their opponents to invade their time & space by their slow movements of execution ! I could be wrong but it sure look and feel that way from where I sit in the stands ! ! ! IMHO

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Really not interested....especially Day
Why?
Day would automatically become our #1 d-man.
He is excellent on the PP and solid in own end.
This would relieve Bouchard of trying to be the #1 guy when in reality he is a top 4 at best.
Bouchard needs to play within his limits other wise he is exposed by his glaring weaknesses.

Why?
Day would automatically become our #1 d-man.
He is excellent on the PP and solid in own end.
This would relieve Bouchard of trying to be the #1 guy when in reality he is a top 4 at best.
Bouchard needs to play within his limits other wise he is exposed by his glaring weaknesses.
Just never been a fan of the player. Would he help?...sure...but not at the price Windsor would want to fleece the Knights to pay to get him. There's other teams to look at without selling everything to get one player

If a deal around Day/Dipietro went down, I would think Simpson has lost his mind.
exactly

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Right now this team is three top four Defensemen, one top 6 fwd, one bottom 6 fwd, and a starting goalie away from contention.

If we get Mete and Formenton back we still need 4 pieces. Not impossible but not cheap either.

That's a lot of "ifs and maybe's " to risk all of those assets for a chance that everything will fall into place and go well IMHO. That would be like betting on the chance to fill an inside straight. It's do-able, but the odds are not good. If we had a cohesive core of players that just needed a few players to complete the puzzle, then yes. Unfortunately, I don't feel that's what the current team is composed of. The chemistry just is not there, and it shows. Whatever line takes a shift, or whichever combination plays the power play, doesn't seem to matter....they're just NOT getting any positive results. Those short-handed goals against are the indicator, and to persist in using that same combination only provides more of the same.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Just never been a fan of the player. Would he help?...sure...but not at the price Windsor would want to fleece the Knights to pay to get him. There's other teams to look at without selling everything to get one player

exactly

I agree, beside he's best of friend with Jones possibly creating an internal separate group, and imagine have two players sitting at the end of the bench for disciplinary measures ! They could get someone at a cheaper bargain price around the league.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Although it sure hurts "back home" but to watch Formenton (who will be back) and Mete (who won't be back) and Horvat, Kadri and Bratt (not really ours but what the heck) to name but a few .......contribute to their NHL Teams it sure puts a smile on your face. I understand fully why Dale sticks to the OHL and didn't resign with Washington when he had the choice to make.

Makes you feel good to have seen these great young players develop here and go on to a career fulfilling their dreams. Well Done London Knights ........... we won't be dead last forever but this may be a year of "Remembering Memories" perhaps rather than making them? LOL

london has great ability to trade or "aquire" great players for sure based on a number of things discussed on ther before...both Mete and Kadri werent their original picks in fact Mete was "aquired" from OS after he wouldnt report....OS then benefited since from the extra 1st rnd pick and subseuqent picks from the mete "trade"..lets see how they do after this crop from the mete deal move on..homegrown was Horvat and Formenton for sure i personally dont really count the euros drafted as agents dictate where top guys end up. so their actual drafts have been on par with all other teams to me...london will be fine they have the depth to make moves and players love to play in front of that big crowd and excellent facilities they will be just fine and thats not from a knights fan

TF519

Jun 9, 2014

They cannot trade Rowe until December at which point Day's value would be even less. Once Forms is sent back, there's your forward group for the year. I'd rather them convince the Krygier twins that Wisconsin does nothing for their hockey careers and put the available resources to other areas/next years team.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It baffles me how some posters are presenting scenarios wherein we would be competing this season as if that's our only option.
Do you not think that those teams already with more depth would be in a better position to strengthen their team? This is a re-tool plain and simple. There's nothing wrong with that. The other 19 teams would love to be in our position...we enjoy the fewest "disappointing"/re-build seasons than any other team. At the risk of sounding arrogant, we set the standard of excellence and that's why you'll find the occasional fan of other teams on here poking the bear. I'll promise you this...we will not have 6 consecutive seasons of not making the playoffs, and our attendance will not drop to 3800 a game.
Now, moving on...
Of our young players, I think R. Whittaker, Regula, DuHart (despite the dearth of ice time), and Lucas Rowe have the most potential, maybe you can add Perrott to that list. Maybe finishing near the bottom of the standings IF that should happen would not be such a bad thing. Re-tool through the draft (both OHL and Import) in addition to looking to the USNDP, and we'll be fine.
It was not a wise move signing Cottam, he's not an OHL quality player, Tymkin is a perennial 4th liner on any contending team. I think Foudy does some things very well, but he's been underwhelming to me insofar as he doesn't generate many scoring chances. Maybe that will change.
On D, Fallowfield (sorry rve), Coome and Golden do not inspire confidence. Need to see more of a Bangs...he could be a "poor man's Mete"--that's a compliment--time will tell.
Just sit back folks and soak in an incredibly "un"-entertaining season. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad