London Knights 2017-18 Season Thread (Part 1)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Should they decide to keep McKinnon(and I would) a 4th line of McKinnon/Carbonara and Tymkin would wreak havoc in this league, much like the Wrecking Crew(my name by the way) did

Yes I like the posslble make up of this line too , perhaps, just perhaps they would bring in all the attention(s) away from Jones, and Pu as well, so those two can concentrate on producing this year !!!

pelangio

Aug 13, 2013
sorry flyer what ever

Should they decide to keep McKinnon(and I would) a 4th line of McKinnon/Carbonara and Tymkin would wreak havoc in this league, much like the Wrecking Crew(my name by the way) did

I really dont know how much you about our knights. Your wrecking crew who you named by the way. REALLY that handle was given in the 70's when our beloved KNIGHTS dressed 5 dmen to start the game. I believe bep GUiLDON was the coach , sorry for not spelling it right. I know when you write something down flyer fanatic everyone of your followers just drool over your words. PLease dont take credit when it is not deserved. :shakehead:shakehead:rant::rant::rant:. LOOK up some of our knights history please:nod::nod:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I really dont know how much you about our knights. Your wrecking crew who you named by the way. REALLY that handle was given in the 70's when our beloved KNIGHTS dressed 5 dmen to start the game. I believe bep GUiLDON was the coach , sorry for not spelling it right. I know when you write something down flyer fanatic everyone of your followers just drool over your words. PLease dont take credit when it is not deserved. :shakehead:shakehead:rant::rant::rant:. LOOK up some of our knights history please:nod::nod:

This post gave me a headache

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Victor Mete............Turning Heads in Montreal

by Matt Cudzinowski @canadiensmtl / canadiens.com
September 16th, 2017
BROSSARD - If Victor Mete's buddies back in London, ON are just a little bit of envious of him right now, there's a really good reason why.
For the second straight day on Saturday, the 19-year-old defenseman was paired with Shea Weber on the back end during on-ice workouts at the Bell Sports Complex.
"I've heard from a couple of guys in London [where Mete plays for the OHL's London Knights]. They saw that," said Mete, who admits to having received a few text messages since suiting up alongside his veteran counterpart at training camp. "They've been saying that it's really cool that I've been able to play with a guy that they've been watching since they were little."
"He's taught me a lot of things so far, just like 3-on-2's, how to play them the right way, and how to defend better with your stick pretty much all over the ice," mentioned Mete, the Canadiens' fourth-round pick, 100th overall, at the 2016 NHL Entry Draft in Buffalo. "He can kind of mentor me and take me under his wing. I think being with him is one of the best situations for me. I can even take it all back to Junior if I get sent back or bring it back into next year."
While Mete is definitely enjoying the experience so far, the same can be said for Weber, who is preparing to embark on his 13th NHL campaign.
"He's good. He's obviously a guy that's mobile and he's got good skill with the puck. It's only been a couple of days, but he's been pretty good. He's got a lot potential," praised the 32-year-old blueliner. "The more time we get to spend together, I'm sure he'll get more comfortable."
Assuming a mentorship role isn't something new for the six-time All-Star and two-time Olympic gold medalist, who also sported the "C" during his final six seasons with the Nashville Predators before being dealt to the Canadiens last summer.
"I took a lot of pride working with the young guys in Nashville. They drafted a lot of defensemen in the first round and I tried to help as many of them as much as I could, because when I was young I had a lot of older guys that I looked up to on the team and it meant a lot to me," explained Weber, who also took reps alongside 20-year-old young gun Simon Bourque on Saturday as well. "If I could influence them at all and help them improve their game, I'd love to help them."
https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/shea-weber-mentoring-young-defensemen/c-291107018

I've had your pizza...not bad. Bit cheezy though

ahh good ole Bep....youngest to ever lace em in the NHL. Only coached one season with London in the O though.

I'm sure there have been many incarnations of "the wrecking crew" over the years. I just know I tagged them in 2009 and it stuck, to the point they even made videos for the highlight reel to show on the Jumbo-tron. Tagged Rinaldo with "wrecking ball" too....but whatever

;)

I like pep,green olives and hot peppers by the way.....if you deliver in game

Last edited:

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
25 Man Roster?

So, who do we see being on the 25 man roster?

I've only seen a limited amount of the pre-season, but based on that, here's what I would expect to see:

I think Crawley goes to the AHL, Juolevi returns to Europe and everyone else returns.

Jones(A) Pu(A) Miletic (hoping Jonesy matures enough to earn the A, but doubt it)
Formenton Thomas(A) Bratt (true #1 line) ;)
Moskal Foudy Carbonara
Whittaker Nelson Tymkin
McKinnon Turko Rowe (McKinnon rotates with Carbs/Tymkin, 2 play, 1 is suspended)
Cottam, Robinson get moved/released, Duhart and Pierce are Jr. B. call-ups

Mete(C) Mattinen
Golden Bouchard
Coome Perrott
Bangs Regula
Fallowfield gets moved or Jr. B. if willing, Whittaker to Jr. B.

Kooy (expected Kooy to be clear #1, but Johnson has looked decent)
Johnson (now expect them to share the crease for most of the season)

So, who do we see being on the 25 man roster?

I've only seen a limited amount of the pre-season, but based on that, here's what I would expect to see:

I think Crawley goes to the AHL, Juolevi returns to Europe and everyone else returns.

Jones(A) Pu(A) Miletic (hoping Jonesy matures enough to earn the A, but doubt it)
Formenton Thomas(A) Bratt (true #1 line) ;)
Moskal Foudy Carbonara
Whittaker Nelson Tymkin
McKinnon Turko Rowe (McKinnon rotates with Carbs/Tymkin, 2 play, 1 is suspended)
Cottam, Robinson get moved/released, Duhart and Pierce are Jr. B. call-ups

Mete(C) Mattinen
Golden Bouchard
Coome Perrott
Bangs Regula
Fallowfield gets moved or Jr. B. if willing, Whittaker to Jr. B.

Kooy (expected Kooy to be clear #1, but Johnson has looked decent)
Johnson (now expect them to share the crease for most of the season)

My D and the net look similar...but I have this penciled in right now at forward

Jones/Pu/Miletic
Formenton/Thomas/Bratt
same top 2

Tymkin/Carbonara/McKinnon
Moskal/Foudy/Nelson
Rowe

3 and 4 are interchangeable

expendables

Whittaker/Turko,Cottam,Coome,Fallowfield and depending on how quick Regula and Perrott mature, I can see Golden possibly moved. Too many cookie cutters on D and forward right now

the rest are going to Jr. B

Last edited:

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
My D and the net look similar...but I have this penciled in right now at forward

Jones/Pu/Miletic
Formenton/Thomas/Bratt
same top 2

Tymkin/Carbonara/McKinnon
Moskal/Foudy/Nelson
Rowe

3 and 4 are interchangeable

expendables

Whittaker/Turko,Cottam,Coome,Fallowfield and depending on how quick Regula and Perrott mature, I can see Golden possibly moved. Too many cookie cutters on D and forward right now

the rest are going to Jr. B

I think your line combos would be fun to watch, but I also think that 3rd line would have a heck of a time staying outta the box. In today's game, I just can't see how we fit 3 of those guys into the lineup every night....but I do like it :yo:

I think your line combos would be fun to watch, but I also think that 3rd line would have a heck of a time staying outta the box. In today's game, I just can't see how we fit 3 of those guys into the lineup every night....but I do like it :yo:

while I don't think we'd see it often...I can see it thrown together to settle the waters in chippy games. All 3 have skill as well

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Regarding our d-men, I do like Golden's mobility and skating and in today's game that attribute is valuable. I'd keep him for that reason. Also, the team is being built with speed being a premium consideration, and slow-footed d-men will become the square pegs that just won't fit into the required round holes.
Mattinen has the advantage of size & strength, but I haven't seen enough of him, pre-season, to determine if he has improved his foot speed. That was an area that he was somewhat deficient in last season. He might be the guy who gets moved, and has possibly the most trade value to a team in the Eastern Conference ( closer to home & family ) ??

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Jones-Pu-Bratt
Miletic-Thomas-Moskal
Formenton-Foudy-Carbonara

Three lines that can score goals. Should be fun to watch.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Jones-Pu-Bratt
Miletic-Thomas-Moskal

What have you seen in Moskal that leads you to believe he deserves a spot on the second line? On the basis of his pre-season play, I don't see it.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
What have you seen in Moskal that leads you to believe he deserves a spot on the second line? On the basis of his pre-season play, I don't see it.

Agreed...and actually, if I had my way, I'd put Nelson on left wing on line 3 and have Moskal centre the 4th line....I just don't think the Hunters would go that route.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Over/Under Prediction ???

Ok, since the start of the season is now imminent, how well do you see the Knights doing during this upcoming season ? I'm thinking that another 100 point season is reaching a bit too far, but given the quality of the newcomers, I can't see them slipping too far down. One has also to consider the quality level of the opposition, and no doubt some have improved, and others who've regressed a bit.

I'll go out on a limb and predict 88 points as being realistic for this edition of the Knights.

Am I being overly optimistic....or too pessimistic ? What's your best estimate over or under that total ??

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Haven't watched any pre-season hockey yet, so maybe that's not the right call.

I see that spot (or any of the top 9 RW slots) as open for competition.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Regarding our d-men, I do like Golden's mobility and skating and in today's game that attribute is valuable. I'd keep him for that reason. Also, the team is being built with speed being a premium consideration, and slow-footed d-men will become the square pegs that just won't fit into the required round holes.
Mattinen has the advantage of size & strength, but I haven't seen enough of him, pre-season, to determine if he has improved his foot speed. That was an area that he was somewhat deficient in last season. He might be the guy who gets moved, and has possibly the most trade value to a team in the Eastern Conference ( closer to home & family ) ??

I have not seen much of him in training camp either. I have seen him, so he is there, but he's been quiet.

More often than not they confuse someone else for him, but I think he's let a few bombs go and maybe picked up an assist off of one?

Otherwise, given he is a more stay at home guy, it's probably good that he's been quiet. It means he has not been beat, which could not be said for a good chunk of the Leafs young defense so far this year.

For London, it's really a matter of whether they are comfortable with two rookies on the right side in Fallowfield, Regula and Perrott, rather than just one.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I have no idea where exactly this edition of London ends up but should be in the top half in tbe West and competitive.
Depending on how the youngins adjust to more PT, the usual wait n see who returns from pro ranks, who Simpson decides to flip for picks ect.... Its a bit of a crapshoot.

I wont be surprised if they find a way to be in the conversation come playoffs.

I really like a couple of the young kids and think they will adjust well, earning more PT by Dec and making a couple 2nd/3rd year guys expendable.

The tender situation concerns me a bit (but Im hopeful) We have been so spoiled recently with Houser n Parsons.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Jones-Pu-Bratt
Miletic-Thomas-Moskal

I see Whittaker in the top 9 and Moskal as the 4C.

Jones-Pu-Bratt
Formenton-Thomas-Miletic
Whittaker-Foudy-Carbonara
???-Moskal-???

The tough part for me comes with those question marks and who ends up as depth/dealt for picks. Pierce I would guess goes to Jr. B, but Turko, Cottam, Rowe, Duhart, Nelson, Tymkin, McKinnon and whoever else could fight for those last two spots. I would say that, since you can get a decent amount out of them, Nelson and Tymkin could be dealt. After that, it really depends what you want:

Cottam, Duhart and Rowe are all skilled forwards. Turko is more of a two-way player (Nelson as well if he's not dealt). McKinnon seems to go with grit (same with Tymkin).

If I had to throw out a guess, I think Duhart and Rowe are the other 4th line guys so you have another good scoring line. McKinnon is there if you need some grit. Turko and Cottam go the Valentini route. Come in for injuries, maybe take some games from Moskal and Rowe respectively, and then hopefully a team (Sudbury or otherwise) comes calling with something to give for them.

Mete-Bouchard
Golden-Mattinen
Bangs-Perrott
Coome/Regula/Fallowfield

Not much needs to happen here, besides figuring out what to do with one or two defensemen. I would guess Fallowfield gets dealt since he is a 99' and should get into a lineup next year. Mattinen could be the other (I don't mind as a Leafs fan, as long as he gets a good shot with some good players elsewhere), but only if they really like Regula and Perrott enough to use three rookies + a guy who was used sparsely on their defense last year in their bottom 4. Could be good or really bad.

Although Crawley or Juolevi may come back, in which case maybe more need to be dealt to make room.

Kooy and Johnson. Nothing really else involved. Hicks was there, but he was not worth it as an OA. Keep the spot open for anything that opens up during the year, especially if the young defense is not good enough. 3rd goalie is just going to be Say probably.

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
Jones-Pu-Bratt
Miletic-Thomas-Moskal

Thomas and Bratt will be together - showed good chemistry

Moskal wont be in the Top 6

Whittaker has earned a spot as well IMO. Won't see McKinnon on this team at the expense of R. Whittaker

SeaOfBlue, I bet you see Nelson take one of those ???? Spots. DuHart, Rowe, Turko and Tymkin will rotate in one of those ??? Spots.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Thomas and Bratt will be together - showed good chemistry

Moskal wont be in the Top 6

Whittaker has earned a spot as well IMO. Won't see McKinnon on this team at the expense of R. Whittaker

SeaOfBlue, I bet you see Nelson take one of those ???? Spots. DuHart, Rowe, Turko and Tymkin will rotate in one of those ??? Spots.

Knights will need to make some moves as others have alluded to already. DuHart and Rowe will get minimal ice but will certainly be with the Knights all season long. I know some people were down on the Moskal pick in 2016 but he did produce more than Whittaker last year in the same league.

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
Knights will need to make some moves as others have alluded to already. DuHart and Rowe will get minimal ice but will certainly be with the Knights all season long. I know some people were down on the Moskal pick in 2016 but he did produce more than Whittaker last year in the same league.

Watching Moskal vs. Whittaker, it's pretty clear who the coaching staff prefers. For a team that values skill, it's Whittaker. Moskal can play a serviceable role in the bottom six but it'll be Whittaker who starts creeping his way into offensive minutes and secondary power play duty.

DuHart is eligible to play Jr. B so he may end up there eventually but ya, likely both to see spot duty for a while to start the season.

Management has some options with depth on defence and forward. Interested to see how they approach things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad