London Knights 2015-16 Season Thread (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Arizona has room for Strome and he did not play poorly in the playoffs. I also don't see what Domi has to do with anything as Strome was arguably a better player as a 17 year old than Domi was as a 19 year old. In any event, unless Strome's play during pre-season dictates he's not ready to be in the NHL, I don't anticipate seeing him back - if he is, I certainly don't see him ending up as a Knight.

Strome was 6th in playoff scoring, slacker!!!!!!!

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I believe Strome will be back next year, Arizona just don't have room for him in their lineup next season, based on Domi's returned for his last year and a bad show in Strome playoffs this year, I would say Strome will be back in the O one more year. Of course I could be wrong.

If Strome returns, Erie should have a very good team again and wouldn't be sellers.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
If Strome returns, Erie should have a very good team again and wouldn't be sellers.

I think they would be faced with a lot of hokes on the back end and need a starting goal tender. They could be good but not great and they don't have any assets. They would be foolish not to trade Strome if they get him back... and DeBrincat too for that matter

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I think they would be faced with a lot of hokes on the back end and need a starting goal tender. They could be good but not great and they don't have any assets. They would be foolish not to trade Strome if they get him back... and DeBrincat too for that matter

In all honestly, Debrincat and Strome (if he comes back and I don't think he does) will definitely be on the market. And with all the draft picks we have accumulated over the past 2 years, I have my eye on Will Bitten if it's at all possible. Don't know if it is, but I would throw them 4-6 draft picks for him plus players. In all honesty, I think Windsor will go hard for Debrincat or Strome.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Also keep your eye on the availability of Zach Senyshen and Lawson Crouse. The Greyhounds should be stronger this year, but I expect Kingston to be average this year.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Congrats to the Knights on a fine season. It's nice to say that our Attack were the only team to beat London in the playoffs (including Mem Cup). I give our boys credit but there were some emotional times being had during those games for the young men I am sure that had an impact.

But isn't the season over, geesh, come on Mods. LOL...

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
What do you mean in what sense? Can his question not get sny more straight forward

It can be more straight forward.. on the ice .. off the ice, to opposing fans, teammates.

It's really an unmeasurable question though. Marner has been pretty classy throughout the playoffs and in his whole hockey career. Off the ice no former London knight has given more back to the community than Brandon Prust & Corey Perry. These are just a few examples

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Arizona has room for Strome and he did not play poorly in the playoffs. I also don't see what Domi has to do with anything as Strome was arguably a better player as a 17 year old than Domi was as a 19 year old. In any event, unless Strome's play during pre-season dictates he's not ready to be in the NHL, I don't anticipate seeing him back - if he is, I certainly don't see him ending up as a Knight.

You are entitle to your opinion and I of mine, I did say I could be wrong didn't I, and I will now say you could also be wrong as well.

hardoil3232

Mar 3, 2011
I would be ! - What challenge is there for Dale in the NHL, he's been there, millionaires pro players do not need coaches why should they listen to Dale. He knows the best place to be for him right now is being in London where there are something new to prove every year with new challenges.

i never said anything about coaching nhl

Reallycomeon

Jan 27, 2016
It can be more straight forward.. on the ice .. off the ice, to opposing fans, teammates.

It's really an unmeasurable question though. Marner has been pretty classy throughout the playoffs and in his whole hockey career. Off the ice no former London knight has given more back to the community than Brandon Prust & Corey Perry. These are just a few examples

Really its simple yes or no.. you know he means dvos play on ice non put it in your face celebration after he scores a goal .. that dvo

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'll take our returning D & G over any team in the O.

Parsons
Mete, Juolevi, Crawley (who has improved significantly), Blacker, Bouchard

Jones, Pu and Tkachuk (hopefully) will be 3/6ths of a Memorial Cup calibre top 6. Thomas should easily fill one of the spots.

The last 2 spots could possibly go to: Marner, Piccinich, Import, American Signing, Trade, etc.

Piccinich coming back would be a huge coup. I bet he could replicate Berisha's production. The Marlies are fairly deep as well.

I wonder if Marner plays in the NHL for close to 40 games (another cut-off point after 9, anyone remember what it does?), plays WJC then returns to London? I honestly think he's done, but the Leafs will have a lot of incoming rookies.

We have at least 5 seconds + 5 thirds to add to our forward group. We can probably afford the best forward on the market, and in consideration of who we are most likely losing (Marner + Dvo), I would say we should go after the best this time.

The import pick is always interesting. You can get high-end Euros late - Cernak was 54, Juolevi was 45.

There's a lot of options. If Keller doesn't come to Windsor (which, based on a recent article, seems more unlikely than before), then London and Windsor are probably co-favourites.

Otto

Really its simple yes or no.. you know he means dvos play on ice non put it in your face celebration after he scores a goal .. that dvo

No.. it's not simple yes or no.. in fact, it's subjective because it is not measurable. and no, I didn't know he meant Dvoraks play on the ice which is why I asked the question to the original poster.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Agreed on Perry n Prust. And it is an unmeasurable ?

London has had alot of class run thru this org in the Hunter era and previously.
One example is LHSC and i know first hand the contributions both have made over the years.

Instead of looking for the "best" im just glad the community has benefitted greatly from the embassadorship ( is that a word lol) so many have shown London.

Hunters have fostered a great environment and helped kids grow up into leaders.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I'll take our returning D & G over any team in the O.

Parsons
Mete, Juolevi, Crawley (who has improved significantly), Blacker, Bouchard

Jones, Pu and Tkachuk (hopefully) will be 3/6ths of a Memorial Cup calibre top 6. Thomas should easily fill one of the spots.

The last 2 spots could possibly go to: Marner, Piccinich, Import, American Signing, Trade, etc.

Piccinich coming back would be a huge coup. I bet he could replicate Berisha's production. The Marlies are fairly deep as well.

I wonder if Marner plays in the NHL for close to 40 games (another cut-off point after 9, anyone remember what it does?), plays WJC then returns to London? I honestly think he's done, but the Leafs will have a lot of incoming rookies.

We have at least 5 seconds + 5 thirds to add to our forward group. We can probably afford the best forward on the market, and in consideration of who we are most likely losing (Marner + Dvo), I would say we should go after the best this time.

The import pick is always interesting. You can get high-end Euros late - Cernak was 54, Juolevi was 45.

There's a lot of options. If Keller doesn't come to Windsor (which, based on a recent article, seems more unlikely than before), then London and Windsor are probably co-favourites.

I see Piccinich going to the ECHL..... A lot of people seem to forget that that's an option as well. He will do better there.

Otto

Agreed on Perry n Prust. And it is an unmeasurable ?

London has had alot of class run thru this org in the Hunter era and previously.
One example is LHSC and i know first hand the contributions both have made over the years.

Instead of looking for the "best" im just glad the community has benefitted greatly from the embassadorship ( is that a word lol) so many have shown London.

Hunters have fostered a great environment and helped kids grow up into leaders.

There are fans of opposing teams that will say the exact opposite when asked about London and "class" which is why it's subjective and there for unmeasurable.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I think that almost every OHL/CHL fan would concede that as the playoffs progress, the games get harder & harder to win. That's what makes this edition of the Knights exceptional. That string of 17 in a row to finish the playoffs/Memorial Cup was all against the best quality opposition there was out there. It wasn't against bottom feeders....but the best of the best. It really doesn't get any better than that, and if anyone feels otherwise, I'm open to being convinced. However, it will take a LOT, to convince me otherwise. :nod::handclap:

A great run, thats unquestinable....
But ill try just for fun lol.

Sometimes a conf final can be tougher than an ohl final (esp the last 10-12 years) with a couple definite exceptions.

Sometimes a CHL league could have a top heavy set of teams and once thru that marathon the Memorial Cup has less talented squads.
Windsors 2nd title they wete down 3-0 in a conf final only to smoke Barrie and walk thru the Memorial Cup?

Not sure its a strong enough sell job, just having fun

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
There are fans of opposing teams that will say the exact opposite when asked about London and "class" which is why it's subjective and there for unmeasurable.

They can say what they want lol. We see it first hand as you know ;)

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I think this year for me was my favourite year over 2012 and 2005. I went to almost every playoff game (incl road games), and got to get some pretty cool pictures with Mitch after some of the games with his newly acquired hardware. I had a vacation planned a while back to be in Mexico starting on Saturday so I brought my android box down (condo I rented had unlimited wifi) and got to watch the memorial cup final. What a rush! The start of OT I had 2012 flashbacks but this team was not to be denied. Next years team is shaping up to be extremely good and as some posters indicate we have many assets to move to make our team even better.
I think Pu deserves to go in round 1 of the NHL draft and Parsons raised his stock too.
So glad my mom is picking me up some of the Memorial Cup March tomorrow morning while I bask in the Mexican sun
Already looking forward to next year, and I may be stating something obvious to some...but I think Thomas had a chance to be a very special player. Like Tierney good, or better. Very high ceiling for that kid.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I think this year for me was my favourite year over 2012 and 2005. I went to almost every playoff game (incl road games), and got to get some pretty cool pictures with Mitch after some of the games with his newly acquired hardware. I had a vacation planned a while back to be in Mexico starting on Saturday so I brought my android box down (condo I rented had unlimited wifi) and got to watch the memorial cup final. What a rush! The start of OT I had 2012 flashbacks but this team was not to be denied. Next years team is shaping up to be extremely good and as some posters indicate we have many assets to move to make our team even better.
I think Pu deserves to go in round 1 of the NHL draft and Parsons raised his stock too.
So glad my mom is picking me up some of the Memorial Cup March tomorrow morning while I bask in the Mexican sun
Already looking forward to next year, and I may be stating something obvious to some...but I think Thomas had a chance to be a very special player. Like Tierney good, or better. Very high ceiling for that kid.

I was always high on Pu ever since he got here last year, commented he will be one of the top league scorers before he leave the OHL. Totally agree about Thomas remanding of Tierney and I also see some Dvorak in him as well, but bet it won't be long he will show his own identity before long and we will only see the Thomas' in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad