London Knights 2015-16 Season Thread (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
OK , put Burke in net and see how far they would have gone , enough said ..

Your original post said they wouldnt have beat OS. I disagree and i think most do.
OS played a great series, but it took London a couple games to buy into what it takes to win in the POs ( blocking shots, getting pucks deep, being first to pucks, not taking a shift off) and they took off after game 4. There were also some outside influences effecting the team IMO.

I was early to claim Paraons was the guy the Knights could least afford to go down for a long playoff run, and still believe that. Said it during the season.
He was a difference maker no doubt. Gave the team confidence, outdueling every other tender they faced. But i think they still get buy OS with Burke.
Do they win it all? Id have my doubts but well never know.

Great TEAM effort

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I was early to claim Paraons was the guy the Knights could least afford to go down for a long playoff run, and still believe that. Said it during the season.
He was a difference maker no doubt. Gave the team confidence, outdueling every other tender they faced.

I couldn't agree more with you on that point. Very few teams in the "O" can have their number one go down and not be in trouble. I thought that was the beginning of the end for Kitchener. They were winning early all the while getting outshot but no one could beat Opilka. After the WJC break not so much? I think Parsons could set some records next year and certainly around the league be recognized as exceptional not just in London. With all the goals on the way out of town next years Knights will have to rely on him and the defence a lot more.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
That OS series wasn't in doubt. They just didn't run over like some people thought.

In any event who cares who the MC mvp was. It was a great team effort. I'm just happy and relieved they won.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
would not be surprized if dale turned the head coaching to dylan next season

I would be ! - What challenge is there for Dale in the NHL, he's been there, millionaires pro players do not need coaches why should they listen to Dale. He knows the best place to be for him right now is being in London where there are something new to prove every year with new challenges.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I would be ! - What challenge is there for Dale in the NHL, he's been there, millionaires pro players do not need coaches why should they listen to Dale. He knows the best place to be for him right now is being in London where there are something new to prove every year with new challenges.

Dale really dislikes dealing with the media. That's mandatory in the pros. He's in his comfort zone in London and doesn't have anything to prove.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
I love Parsons can't really remember a time he disappointed all year long. However not on board with you on the Owen Sound call. A lot of people acting like Owen Sound pushed us to double overtime in Game 7. Had they not won Game 5 in overtime the record books would make it look like London had 1 bad night the whole playoffs (Game 2 they got BLOWN away 2-0 Lol). Did they play them tough for sure they had no pressure and played well but I never saw a team that was pushed anywhere near its limits. Parsons is coming back next year to win his own MVP Awards, yeehaw!

Luckily Parsons showed up for the start of every game in the playoffs. The rest of his team certainly didn't. How many games did Parsons bail out his team in the first period because they decided to take a nap and show up for the second??

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Luckily Parsons showed up for the start of every game in the playoffs. The rest of his team certainly didn't. How many games did Parsons bail out his team in the first period because they decided to take a nap and show up for the second??

Not too sure what is your point but remember some games with Parson in net, the offense had to come 3 or 4 goals behind to win those games (Kitchener & Niagara) , it's a team thing not just one individual.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The Co-Captains work to perfection this year having ;

Marner full of energy probably telling his mates to "let's go' go 'go " and get a few goals

Dvorak lay back probably telling his mates to stay calm, plenty of time let's plan this out

Very smart of the Hunters to first identified their personalities and then put this "co-captains" thing in place, no-one has tried this before that I am aware of.

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The Co-Captains work to perfection this year having ;

Marner full of energy probably telling his mates to "let's go' go 'go " and get a few goals

Dvorak lay back probably telling his mates to stay calm, plenty of time let's plan this out

Very smart of the Hunters to first identified their personalities and then put this "co-captains" thing in place, no-one has tried this before that I am aware of.

Plenty of teams have done co-captains before.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Oh brother :shakehead

:laugh:
:laugh:
Yep, was wonderin how long it would take for JL17 to chime in. Not much to say when they win 17 straight playoff and Memorial Cup games.
Outstanding season for everyone in the organization, top to bottom. I've had my doubts about Dale as a head coach many times, but I'm glad to eat crow and say he did an amazing job as did his assistants.
I know there's no way they can duplicate the amazing summer they had last year in terms of signings, but I'm excited to see what they do this summer.
Now everyone please go support the Majors.
Go Knights go!

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I think that almost every OHL/CHL fan would concede that as the playoffs progress, the games get harder & harder to win. That's what makes this edition of the Knights exceptional. That string of 17 in a row to finish the playoffs/Memorial Cup was all against the best quality opposition there was out there. It wasn't against bottom feeders....but the best of the best. It really doesn't get any better than that, and if anyone feels otherwise, I'm open to being convinced. However, it will take a LOT, to convince me otherwise. :nod::handclap:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Im really trying to figure out what will happen for next year. I am assuming marner is gone although im not convinced he will be. Would he play ahead of Nylander?

Regardless of Marner returning do we go after Strome or Konectny? Hell what about both we have the assests.

we would have to part with Foudy, Bouchard and a bunch of picks... I dunno but I see some things falling into place in August as we will poach a good few players of the Piccinich caliber as we allways do. Do we get Brady Tkachuk to sign.. what about Sean Doohge.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I just saw Tommy Hughes and Bo Horvat as I was making my way to the Armoury. I am having Tkachuk's name and number sewn on my black jersey to go with the collection.
I found out, however, that the Knights are doing away with the black jerseys--damn, just as I was starting to like them. I don't know if any new jerseys are in the works.
Finally, is there any way to get your hands on a dvd of the Memorial Cup final?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Im really trying to figure out what will happen for next year. I am assuming marner is gone although im not convinced he will be. Would he play ahead of Nylander?

Regardless of Marner returning do we go after Strome or Konectny? Hell what about both we have the assests.

we would have to part with Foudy, Bouchard and a bunch of picks... I dunno but I see some things falling into place in August as we will poach a good few players of the Piccinich caliber as we allways do. Do we get Brady Tkachuk to sign.. what about Sean Doohge.

I doubt Strome will be back in junior next season. Foudy and Bouchard have NTCs. Don't anticipate either waiving them. They won't be traded.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Man oh man ! lol - You're sure don't want the iron to get cold, don't you ? I am with you and think a lot of us are. They are going to need to spend a lot this year just to get one quality player, based on Marner's (if he comes back) and Strome friendship it would idealistically be nice to have them playing one junior season together, if not I think there will be a few players that can come in and fill in some voids, Konectny being one of them.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I doubt Strome will be back in junior next season. Foudy and Bouchard have NTCs. Don't anticipate either waiving them. They won't be traded.

I believe Strome will be back next year, Arizona just don't have room for him in their lineup next season, based on Domi's returned for his last year and a bad show in Strome playoffs this year, I would say Strome will be back in the O one more year. Of course I could be wrong.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Oh brother :shakehead

I'm happy we won the cup. i haven't said much because I haven't had time to say much and I only saw 4 games. When you get a chance to read what I could Parsons showing up to start was a big reason why London stayed in games early. The offence was going to score goals. Just usually took them a period to get going.

I think this run and winning the Memorial Cup has been more impressive then the 04-05 team. The 04-05 was the better team top bottom but this years team had guts and had to dig a little deeper to win.

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I believe Strome will be back next year, Arizona just don't have room for him in their lineup next season, based on Domi's returned for his last year and a bad show in Strome playoffs this year, I would say Strome will be back in the O one more year. Of course I could be wrong.

Arizona has room for Strome and he did not play poorly in the playoffs. I also don't see what Domi has to do with anything as Strome was arguably a better player as a 17 year old than Domi was as a 19 year old. In any event, unless Strome's play during pre-season dictates he's not ready to be in the NHL, I don't anticipate seeing him back - if he is, I certainly don't see him ending up as a Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad