London Knights 2015-16 Season Thread (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
In all honestly, Debrincat and Strome (if he comes back and I don't think he does) will definitely be on the market. And with all the draft picks we have accumulated over the past 2 years, I have my eye on Will Bitten if it's at all possible. Don't know if it is, but I would throw them 4-6 draft picks for him plus players. In all honesty, I think Windsor will go hard for Debrincat or Strome.

Okay, I'll bite. Why would Erie definitely put Strome and DeBrincat on the market if they return? The goal in sports is perpetual contention and eventually you'll win championships if you remain competitive long term. Erie has won 50 games three years in a row and are set to return a large part of their roster for 16/17. Clearly, they've figured out a way to remain consistently competitive so it makes zero sense to me why they would trade their best players and punt a season away when they could just as easily win the division again.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Okay, I'll bite. Why would Erie definitely put Strome and DeBrincat on the market if they return? The goal in sports is perpetual contention and eventually you'll win championships if you remain competitive long term. Erie has won 50 games three years in a row and are set to return a large part of their roster for 16/17. Clearly, they've figured out a way to remain consistently competitive so it makes zero sense to me why they would trade their best players and punt a season away when they could just as easily win the division again.

The Otters was not successful reaching their goals this year, why would they next year with less high caliber players they are losing this year. Sure they do have 16/17 players coming back some are very good in a supporting role but they are not high caliber players. Right now as it's stand even with Strome and DeBrincat back, they still need a good starting goalie, need a couple defensemen and they need at lease two top six forwards and a couple more in the bottom six. And their cupboards are empty in order to acquire some depth for the playoffs run, something they could not do this year. They have got to trade now, get some young future top rated players and fill the cupboards, if they don't do anything now or wait too long it's going be miserable times for the next few years for them, they need to reload now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia