GDT: Lockout is over

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Oh and

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
So it's official! Game On Jan 19th!! All 30 teams will be in action Opening Night. Hearing Schedule should be released Thursday or Friday.

Sucks that we have to wait a few days to see it.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
NHL sends memo to clubs indicating no camps before Saturday (and may not open until Monday), 48-game season to begin Jan. 19

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
NHL sent out memo to teams tonight saying Jan 19 puck drop is most probable, however if ratification process goes fast, Jan 15 still in play
Retweeted by Tom Gulitti

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Lebrun said they still could depending on how long Beatlejuice and the union take apparently.

EDIT - That one right there

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Lou needs to be talking trade with Burke in Toronto. They have 6 UFA's and 3 RFA's coming up next year, and they're already right up at about $63.5 million... And that's without Franson signed. They'll be desperate to dump salary.:nod:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just hearing about this now, and as I expected, I dont really care. Wonder how many other people are so pizzed off that they feel as I do.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Lou needs to be talking trade with Burke in Toronto. They have 6 UFA's and 3 RFA's coming up next year, and they're already right up at about $63.5 million... And that's without Franson signed. They'll be desperate to dump salary.:nod:

Who would exactly interest you?

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Just hearing about this now, and as I expected, I dont really care. Wonder how many other people are so pizzed off that they feel as I do.

I'm nor pissed, just more indifferent than I thought I would be. Pissed I will be when all the fake talk about "oh we love the fans" starts. They love money. I decided I love money too and will not spend it on games.

kiwidevil

I sort of don't feel as entrenched in it but was hoping it would end so hockey would be around to at least casually follow.

But after a few games I am sure I will be hooked right in again.

Going to try and avoid buying gamecenter though

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They should put THANK YOU BECKENBAUGH! on the ice in every arena.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
Just a devils logo, a blue line at either end, a red line, and no trapezoid works for me. Don't need them to thank me, I didn't do anything for them and they haven't done anything for us.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Could have very well been the luck of the draw, but I find it funny Eklund was tweeting, and making updates on his site at 2:30 AM EST yesterday that it was ending that morning. Even Lebrun, Dreger, and other legit sources said it won't be quite that soon. They were all there too. Even our very own Tom Gulitti was there, and said it likely won't come until later in the day. And that was before 4:00 AM. He also broke the leagues proposal the week before.

I didn't even remember to think about 2005 when I saw Eklund write that. In 2005 the anonymous lockout insider said a deal would be announced today. Later that day Bettman cancelled the season too.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
finally...damn i missed this so much
guys, i am back in here!!!

can someone give me a short update? who will be in the starting line-up on 19th? who is injured?

thaaanks and nice to be here again!:yo:

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
finally...damn i missed this so much
guys, i am back in here!!!

can someone give me a short update? who will be in the starting line-up on 19th? who is injured?

thaaanks and nice to be here again!:yo:

lol I missed you and your endless optimism. Henrique will be out for the first couple weeks of the season. Bobby Butler may be on the starting roster when the season starts.

Also, I want this painted on every team's ice surface in the NHL, full size as opposed to the "Thank you fans" decals.
ondVZ.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad