Little Caesers Arena Thread II - Safety Mesh and an Ugly Roof

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Is anyone else not impressed after seeing the initial plans and then the real pictures of what is going to be? On the Little Caesers Arena Instagram I seen the suite's...its like all wood with some ugly carpet. I get that they have to change some thing because of the Pistons...but my god. Just so far not a fan.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Assuming this is the image you're talking about, no I'm not unimpressed. Looks like an unfinished room. I just want everything to be done so I can actually make a judgement, and go see a game there. I think it's gonna be an amazing venue to watch a hockey game.

LCA_Suite.jpg

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The cabinets and carpet look fine. Ceiling looks fine. Can't make a judgement on the right wall since it is still under construction.

Once you put some furniture in there it should look pretty nice.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Is anyone else not impressed after seeing the initial plans and then the real pictures of what is going to be? On the Little Caesers Arena Instagram I seen the suite's...its like all wood with some ugly carpet. I get that they have to change some thing because of the Pistons...but my god. Just so far not a fan.

I would rather make my judgement when it's totally finished, I think once it's done and there's furniture added it will be fine. It looks like the Suite will be open to the elements i thought most Suites had sliding door walls maybe i'm mistaken there. We will get a better deal in about 2 more months or so.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
I guess maybe I just don't have the hopes. I really liked what the rendering looked like and everything seems off...from the suites to the roof...I do agree that it will be a great place to watch hockey....if only the hockey was great to watch

Fynn

Apr 23, 2017
I get it's a very dull offseason for an even duller team, but I can't imagine why anyone would give a **** about what the roof looks like.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I get it's a very dull offseason for an even duller team, but I can't imagine why anyone would give a **** about what the roof looks like.
Perhaps your didn't see the original artist renderings. The arena prominently featured an LED roof, originally displaying a Red Wings logo, but it could also be programmed to display the Pistons logo or other designs.

Then it got scrapped, in favor of a rather ugly fixed Little Caesars logo.

Cutbacks happen all the time in major projects, but this one felt like a rather large letdown.

stu the grim reaper

Jul 3, 2002
Perhaps your didn't see the original artist renderings. The arena prominently featured an LED roof, originally displaying a Red Wings logo, but it could also be programmed to display the Pistons logo or other designs.

Then it got scrapped, in favor of a rather ugly fixed Little Caesars logo.

Cutbacks happen all the time in major projects, but this one felt like a rather large letdown.

one upside is less light pollution for the people who live in the area

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Are people finally seeing what the true motivation behind the Ilitch family is yet?

I think we always knew they wanted to make money and expand their empire. That's a given. Who wouldn't want that? But we also figured they'd care more about the prestige of the Red Wings brand that is decaying. It was my expectation they wouldn't be happy with not getting past the first round in 8 years.

They've consistently let Holland spend as much money as he needed, both in contracts and buyouts. I just also thought they'd want more return on that investment than they've been given.

The new arena will be a great place for folks to see a game. Much needed upgrade. The branding is tacky, sure, but expected.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Are people finally seeing what the true motivation behind the Ilitch family is yet?
As if they weren't making money hand over fist while they were winning championships? C'mon.

Yes, the Almighty Dollar is very very high on their list. But that's nothing new; they've been growing an empire for decades. My complaint is that, for a very long period of time, they still managed to make a ton of money WHILE ALSO setting a tremendously high standard of the quality of the product, and their respective on-ice level of success...but now the latter seems to have fallen off their to-do list altogether.

Perhaps Chris is simply a very different owner than his father was. But if that's his long-term approach, this team won't be worth watching for quite awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad