Line rushes this morning (1/23/2014)

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
Everyone: take Carter off Kopitar's line!
*Carter gets taken off Kopitar's line*
Everyone: these lines suck!

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
I dont think any of us on this board are dumb enough to put Trever Lewis on the first line.

Sutter's just not very bright. His decisions are starting to become quite alarming.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
kopi better start shooting the damn puck... if you guys think lewis is getting promoted ur crazy. imo its pretty obvious sutter is trying to send kopi a message and hopefully kopi responds accordingly. we have wayy to many RWs

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
With the Ducks getting the last change DS is trying to confuse the Ducks by putting 4 checking lines out there.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
1) If you've lost John Rosen you've lost the war.
disclaimer: Sutter's line rushes may not reflect reality. Love it!

2) If you're going to go down you may as well go down in flames.

3) Sutter's ability to troll HF boards is just awesome.

4) Lewis at 27 learned when taking bad angle shots sometimes it's better to aim for the far goalie pad for a rebound or traffic driving to the net. New offensive powers catapult Lewis to the first line.

Edit: I'm not even mad. I live in crazy town! Glad to see Sutter moving in.

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
Trying to get Kopitar to shoot more by putting Lewis on his line is just stupid. Why not send him out there alone then, he'll have all the ice and no support. Can shoot all the time. He'll still pass and Lewis will still fumble.

Anonymous028

Sep 18, 2008
Sutter is putting two muckers with Kopitar to get his ass attacking the net with some sort of passion.

His defensive game is grand, but your 22min center needs to be a source of offense. Right now Anze is in his yearly phase of 30 games with little to no goals. He differs to what the defense gives him for long stretches, and try's to funnel things through his teammates around the perimeter to generate "offense". The Kopitar that we generally get for 50 games a year and the 2011 playoffs ATTACKS the middle of the ice with speed and forces D to him. He is big and strong enough to generate massive amounts of space for the wingers, or just all out beat a guy 1 on 1 and bury it.

Anze needs to want to get it himself. Placing two hard-had worker bees to dig the puck out and get Kopi to drive to the middle. I like it. Lewis has been nails lately as well, so he deserves the chance, as well as giving a great defensive presence to let anze "cheat" a little higher in the D zone.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Do or die for Lewis and a message to the rest of the time. Bad timing though, and almost an act of lunacy on Sutter's part. Just have to see what happens. Watch Lewis get a hat trick and be anchored there for a month, of course not scoring in any other game in the process :P

KingKopitar11*

The scary part is that Lewis is going to get blinded by the reflection of light off Getzlaf's head and he will shoot it blindly, hit the jumbotron and go in.

Then he will be there for 20 games.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
when King was promoted to the 1st line you all had the same reaction, watch Lewis take this opportunity and run with it while Frats pots two goals on the 2nd line. HF will have a full on meltdown :laugh:

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
The scary part is that Lewis is going to get blinded by the reflection of light off Getzlaf's head and he will shoot it blindly, hit the jumbotron and go in.

Then he will be there for 20 games.

NHL still won't review goals, Ducks go crazy, Avian flu pandemic. Outdoor game comes, Lewis scores off the camera lens from the plane circling stadium.

Book it:yo:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I gotta admit, Lewis has looked far better these last couple games than Toffoli did in his last 7 or so.

I'm not really sure if putting him on the first line is warranted though. I guess we aren't scoring anyways, might as well try something even more different by Sutter standards.

Then again, I think this team would be fine if they just brought the intensity. They still look mildly disinterested even in the big games.

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
I am the bigest Kopi supporter out there and have to say that I really hate what he has become or they have made him to be; he is a booooring player, no offensive creativity, no more one on one moves... just sad

HolyShot*

Everyone says how bad it is that lewis and frattin are in the top 6 but no one takes into account chemistry on each line. Sutters just trying to get different looks and I don't blame him. We've beeen playing like crap.

dogyekcoh*

Maybe by putting Lewis on the first line it will forced Kopitar to shoot more. lol!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad