Line rushes this morning (1/23/2014)

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Lewis(2) has two more goals than Kopitar(0) does in the last 10 games. Kopitar has 22 shots, while Lewis has 21 in those same 10 games. Maybe it's Sutter giving Kopitar a good example to follow.

Even Dustin Brown of all players has 3 goals in the last 10 games.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Who could forget Byslma's first game, tripping over himself on a 2-on-1 when he was setup by 99.

Then again, at that time, the Kings had the same problem and couldn't find a LW to play with Wayne after they traded Robitaille. Who could forget names like Dan Currie and Rob Brown getting auditions to play with 99.

Igor Liba

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I don't understand the reasoning for what DS is up to but I still back it and him.

GO KINGS GO!

They aren't scoring goals. What else is there to do except mix the lines up?

Unless if some trade will be made for a sniper - and that ain't happening.

DS is doing the best he can with the talent he has available. I can't really fault him at all... (...yet. but you win the SC, you get several years of grace period after that before I start *******' too much)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
What to look forward to more. Lewis with Kopitar or BB having the last change and getting Getzlaf and Perry out there against Richards and Carter.

Kind of sad the most optimistic line features Stoll and Brown.

TimbeS

Jan 24, 2013
Finland
So Richards, who is struggling, is going to play LW where he likely struggles even more? Or did OP mean Frattin - Richards - Carter?

I don't get what you guys want him to do. Perhaps he is sending a message to DL letting him know he has tried everything and everything is yielding the same results. Or maybe he is sending that message to the players? You guys will blame him if keeps lines together and if he draws names from a hat. I don't necessarily like the lines either but it doesn't seem to matter what the lines are right now.

I'm gonna laugh if the Kings win. The Kings usually play the Ducks tough. Hopefully somebody stands up tonight that we arent expecting. Quite frankly, that could be anyone at this point considering everyone sans Carter is struggling.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Sutter: Y U NO SHOOT MOR KOPI

Kopi: I like to pass to my teammates, the other guy can score, I can get back on defense, team team...

Sutter: I put Trevor Lewis on you wing And fugly King on left side so to have to look right!

Kopi: DOH

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
No, Sutter has not tried everything. There is a line-up to be made that makes plenty of sense:

King-Kopi-Williams
Frattin/Brown-Carter-Toffoli
Brown/Frattin-Richards-Vey/Stoll
Clifford-Stoll/Vey-Nolan/Lewis

This line-up:

Puts Kopi with Williams, which he needs desperately
Puts King on Kopi's line. Where King goes, the offense follows
Puts Carter with Toffoli, it worked quite well last year
Gives Toffoli top six minutes, which he needs
Keeps Carter and Richards off the same line, they are bad defensively together
Puts Vey into the lineup, he needs to be playing
Last, and most importantly, doesn't put an offensive black hole on the first line.

If you want to shake things up, this is the way to do it, NOT put Lewis on the first line

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Disclaimer from Jon Rosen: line rushes may not really reflect tonight's lines.

Just as a heads up before we go full armageddon :)

santiclaws

May 19, 2005
Disclaimer from Jon Rosen: line rushes may not really reflect tonight's lines.

Just as a heads up before we go full armageddon :)

Oh, come on!! I was really enjoying this thread. Why do you have to go and spoil the fun?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
No, Sutter has not tried everything. There is a line-up to be made that makes plenty of sense:

King-Kopi-Williams
Frattin/Brown-Carter-Toffoli
Brown/Frattin-Richards-Vey/Stoll
Clifford-Stoll/Vey-Nolan/Lewis

This line-up:

Puts Kopi with Williams, which he needs desperately
Puts King on Kopi's line. Where King goes, the offense follows
Puts Carter with Toffoli, it worked quite well last year
Gives Toffoli top six minutes, which he needs
Keeps Carter and Richards off the same line, they are bad defensively together
Puts Vey into the lineup, he needs to be playing
Last, and most importantly, doesn't put an offensive black hole on the first line.

If you want to shake things up, this is the way to do it, NOT put Lewis on the first line

It also gives Kopitar another option to pass to. Maybe the reason Lewis might be on that line is to just get into Kopitar's head. Make him hold the puck, make him shoot, make him go to the net. If Kopitar passes off to Lewis, then we'll know Kopitar is just sort of lost on the ice at the moment. It might not even matter if Kopitar is able to get a shot off because with Lewis out there it's practically 4 on 5. Just stop passing to everyone else.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
It looks like Sutter has hit rock bottom with regards to line changes. Really. No other explanation why he would put Lewis next to Kopitar. Does he really think Lewis is some elite first liner that has yet to break out? I can't come up with a single reason, other that every other RWer has a debilitating injury, to put him anywhere but in the press box.

Maybe he's forcing Kopi to be more shot minded. Honestly, I don't think we see this combo though.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
I don't get what you guys want him to do. Perhaps he is sending a message to DL letting him know he has tried everything and everything is yielding the same results. Or maybe he is sending that message to the players? You guys will blame him if keeps lines together and if he draws names from a hat. I don't necessarily like the lines either but it doesn't seem to matter what the lines are right now.

I'm gonna laugh if the Kings win. The Kings usually play the Ducks tough. Hopefully somebody stands up tonight that we arent expecting. Quite frankly, that could be anyone at this point considering everyone sans Carter is struggling.

I'm open to a PayPal bet that the Kings win. Anyone want to bet 5 bucks ?

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Lets-See-If-It-Pays-Off-In-Dodgeballs-Pepper-Cotton-Gif.gif

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site

I'm open to a PayPal bet that the Kings win. Anyone want to bet 5 bucks ?

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
It's probably better to think of this as a demotion for Kopitar rather than Sutter putting Lewis on the top line. And if it can force him to take more shots, and it SHOULD, then I'm fine with it. Not liking Toffoli with Fraser though, ugh. Would rather have Nolan in that slot.

Another issue is that Richards has been a possessed man. Why ruin that and put him on wing?

Possessed by Randy Jones maybe.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Another issue is that Richards has been a possessed man. Why ruin that and put him on wing?

It puts Frattin back to his natural position and makes one if the Kings worst def forwards in a less defensively responsible position.

This is probably Frattin's last chance to prove himself. He is playing his natural position with two skilled players, if he doesn't produce in this spot he never will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad