Line rushes this morning (1/23/2014)

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Not even going to bring up my thoughts on Sutter as that's a debate not worth starting but if you need offense, NOTHING can make more sense than to put your two least productive RWers on the top 2 lines, is there? Its just unreal the lines he tries.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Faith in Sutter at an all time low

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
King - Richards - Carter
Frattin - Stoll - Toffoli
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
It looks like Sutter has hit rock bottom with regards to line changes. Really. No other explanation why he would put Lewis next to Kopitar. Does he really think Lewis is some elite first liner that has yet to break out? I can't come up with a single reason, other that every other RWer has a debilitating injury, to put him anywhere but in the press box.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Willing to wait and see. Throwing a couple guys who can hustle out there next to Kopitar could be a good thing.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Not even going to bring up my thoughts on Sutter as that's a debate not worth starting but if you need offense, NOTHING can make more sense than to put your two least productive RWers on the top 2 lines, is there? Its just unreal the lines he tries.

Frattin and Lewis have played a combined 76 games, they have a combined 10 points. I'm REALLY starting to lose faith in Sutter.

Willing to wait and see. Throwing a couple guys who can hustle out there next to Kopitar could be a good thing.

Kopi refuses to shoot, so he's going to pass to Lewis? :laugh:

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
given our scoring abilities and guys like Willie Mitchell and Robyn Regehr having more goals the last 5 games than virtually all of our forwards, willing to try anything at this point.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

Lewis has always hustled. His great skating gets him breakaways a lot. The guy has such stone hands that he's already getting offers for life after hockey to be part of the freakshow in a circus.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I haven't missed any games over several years thanks to DVR, but if this is Sutters idea of lines for tonight I don't think I can watch.

I like Lewis, the person. However, the day he is no longer a king is going km be a day of celebration.

I'd rather tofolli in Manchester than to suffer with Fraser as his center.

Hope quick is on hip game tonight, because if he gives up a goal is a loss.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It looks like Sutter has hit rock bottom with regards to line changes. Really. No other explanation why he would put Lewis next to Kopitar. Does he really think Lewis is some elite first liner that has yet to break out? I can't come up with a single reason, other that every other RWer has a debilitating injury, to put him anywhere but in the press box.

Or maybe put Kopitar out there with Lewis so that Kopitar is now the goal scorer on a line, and maybe he takes a few more shots or drives the net instead of just deferring to Carter or whoever else.

I'm sure there are all sorts of possibilities why coaches do the things they do. Maybe it is psychological. Maybe he's trying to prove a point. Maybe those won't even be the lines when the puck drops. Maybe Sutter will change up the lines during the 1st period, or 1st intermission. Maybe Sutter was just throwing darts at names on a board. Maybe the new lines will work.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I think DS must have found a copy of Robbie Ftorek's "Line Juggling for fun and profit".

I mean I can't think of any reason for the amount of or method to his line juggling. It has to stop so that line mates can develop at least some chemistry before the playoffs. Usually you can at least so some reason for line juggling but I must be missing something this time.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Well, they just put together the best checking line in the league since Kopitar has been performing like a 3rd line center, mainly handling defensive duties with offense being an afterthought.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Sutter has earned too much equity with the fanbase for the Cup win. This is just outright bad coaching at this point.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
King Kopitar Lewis
Richards Carter Fratitn
Brown Stoll Williams
Clifford Fraser Toffoli

That's not funny Sutter

3KFc7y9.gif

Frattin and Lewis have played a combined 76 games, they have a combined 10 points. I'm REALLY starting to lose faith in Sutter.

Kopi refuses to shoot, so he's going to pass to Lewis? :laugh:

OC7yk6T.gif

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I get it, he's taking a page from Bowman's book. See, Bowman would sometimes put his stars with grinders, he did it by having Yzerman with Holmstrom and McCarty and he also had Fedorov with Doug Brown and Slava Kozlov. That's all I could come up with.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Just shows that Sutter has favorities...

Trevor Lewis on the 1st line? Wow. Worse than Dan Byslma playing with Gretzky.

Who could forget Byslma's first game, tripping over himself on a 2-on-1 when he was setup by 99.

Then again, at that time, the Kings had the same problem and couldn't find a LW to play with Wayne after they traded Robitaille. Who could forget names like Dan Currie and Rob Brown getting auditions to play with 99.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad