Confirmed with Link: Lindholm + Hanifin to CAL for Hamilton, Fox and Ferland

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
All I can think of is Carolina is very high on Fox and thinks he might sign down the near road.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Some probably are going to disagree with me here, but.

Carolinas offense is going to see a massive boost next season.
Hamilton is clearly the best player on this trade, he's in his early prime, +40 point player who can skate.

Slavin- Pesce
Fleury- Hamilton
challenges the best of top4's in the league, Hamilton a clear upgrade on Faulk, now this puts Faulk on the market, hopefully for a forward.
Add Hamilton over Faulk, Svec+Necas and whatever they can get for Faulk and Carolina is going somewhere.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
short term win but long term it's an absolute loss for us. Not happy right now.

Ferland's meh, can fill a top 9 wing spot for us
Fox wasn't signing with Calgary, and I have no faith that we're going to have any better luck.

Absolute loss? I guess if you’re really high on Hanifin still. Lindholm I don’t think is getting any better. He is what he is now. Hanifin is nearing the point where you can no longer trade him based on potential either. We’re better now and both guys Calgary got may not get any better.

McKenzie just said this trade increases the chance that Fox goes pro after next season. If we sign him too it’s an even bigger win.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Flames fan here. I think you guys probably won the trade at first glance.
You're getting some good players. Hamilton is a stud especially on the Offense. Ferland can be very hot/cold. He's probably more of a 3rdish liner, but has a GREAT shot. Stick him with some playmakers, he could probably do some damage. Very good physicality too when he feels like it. Fox probably wasn't gonna sign with us with our D situation, but not sure. He seems like he could be a solid PP quarterback for you.

I do like Hanifin and Lindholm a lot, though. Any words on them? Thanks guys.
Hope our teams do great this coming year!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I have absolutely no faith in Fox signing, even if we do move out Faulk.

Looking at our lineup right now:

Aho - Rask - Teravainen
McGinn - Necas - Svechnikov
Ferland - Staal - Williams
Martinook - xxxxx - Foegele/Zykov

I figure Skinner's as good as gone, maybe we'll have better luck getting an LHD for him?
We really need to make a move for a legit top 6 forward with Faulk now.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think you guys won here, big time.

What the heck you guys are talking about here....you won,
both Hanifin & Lindholm, to me...overrated.

Ferland, great game changer player, a hit, a goal, any kind of play, dude always gives 100%
he might not be the best player out there, but all rounder who can do and play any role what given,
pest, scorer (to some point), hitter, two way penalty killer / power play front of the net guy

Hamilton, i don't think anyone needs to explain how great this right shooting d-man is.
- big fish!, big fish!, BIG FISH!!

Fox happens to be a quality prospect who is getting "marinated" in the NCAA

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Flames fan here. I think you guys probably won the trade at first glance.
You're getting some good players. Hamilton is a stud especially on the Offense. Ferland can be very hot/cold. He's probably more of a 3rdish liner, but has a GREAT shot. Stick him with some playmakers, he could probably do some damage. Very good physicality too when he feels like it. Fox probably wasn't gonna sign with us with our D situation, but not sure. He seems like he could be a solid PP quarterback for you.

I do like Hanifin and Lindholm a lot, though. Any words on them? Thanks guys.
Hope our teams do great this coming year!

At the very least we know that Bill Peters knows both guys well, that should be a benefit for your team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad