Liiga 2016-2017 (rosters, rumours, transactions)

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Mikko Mäenpää will probably play for HC Ambri-Piotta in the Swiss league.

What can you tell me about him? He seems to be a good offensiv defender?!

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Mikko Mäenpää will probably play for HC Ambri-Piotta in the Swiss league.

What can you tell me about him? He seems to be a good offensiv defender?!

Offensive d-man with big shot, great passing skills and good hands. He is small but is pretty good defensively.

Has had some injury problems in the past three seasons, only playing 29, 32 and 19 games in those years.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Thank you!

Always the same injury? The wrist seems to be a problem?
Is he a good skater?

Sabane

Feb 16, 2014
How about that Strömberg, I have no memories about him at FEL? He's pretty big but is he soft or does he give big hits? Sniper/TWF/PLY or grinder?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Thank you!

Always the same injury? The wrist seems to be a problem?
Is he a good skater?

He had 2 hand injuries last season and problems with his back before if I remember correctly.

Average skater, not slow, not fast.

How about that Strömberg, I have no memories about him at FEL? He's pretty big but is he soft or does he give big hits? Sniper/TWF/PLY or grinder?

Soft for his size and nothing special on the defensive end. He has pretty good hands and shot but hasn't been able to score that much.

5 goals 5 assists guy most likely.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Any information about Sami Tavernier.
His name is deleted into IFK Helsinki U20 team roster.

Tavernier got picked 6th round 96th overall in USHL entry draft by Sioux City Musketeers.
Is Tavernier going to play in USHL or some else North American junior league or is he retired.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Kim Strömberg's most notable moment from SM-liiga:

For non-Finnish members - Strömberg scores a goal assisted by Janne Ojanen who moves to the top of all-time point scorer list.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Juuso Riksman, Ässät > Val Pusteria (Brunico).

I seem to recall that he wasn't happy with the money Ässät was offering, can't imagine he's getting more in Italy.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I seem to recall that he wasn't happy with the money Ässät was offering, can't imagine he's getting more in Italy.
Likely not. But the surroundings compared to Pori are bound to be far more pleasant. I see it as a working holiday to a player who'll probably retire after this. He's 38 years old already, after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad