Ligue 1 2017/18

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That Toulouse corner kick was brilliant.

Seems like there is still a lot of room for teams to get creative with corner kicks to score more goals.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pretty much. Too bad for the history (european cup final at some point), but happy to see those clowns as far as possible from professionnal football.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Hey whatever happened to Payet? I literally never heard a word about him again after he left West Ham

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He has good and bad games for OM. Same old, same old. Thauvin has been way way way better.

Nice isn't going to finish 3rd this year. I'll wait for the end of the mercato to make predictions but you can bet PSG is #1, and after that Lyon, Lille, Monaco, OM will round up the top 5, the order being a question mark.
If Monaco loses Mbappe, Lemar and Fabinho in the next two weeks, then, they could fall out of the top 5. Lille will surprise. Maybe finish top 3. While playing the most spectacular football. Lyon will be fun offensively, but still shaky defensively (change of coach might modify that). Fekir could have a big comeback season. OM will be dangerous, but have a lack of depth after the very good starting XI, especially if they sell Cabella (as I 've heard).

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I like what Marseille have done since the January window. Just got Amavi and are also rumored to be following Giroud's situation closely. Although Germain is not a bad striker at all.

It's clearly PSG's title to lose although you never know with Emery he might decide Neymar could be more useful on the bench.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oscar Garcia's St Etienne is interesting. The roster isn't very good, but he has them playing offensive football. And with their home crowd, they could be tough to beat at home.
St Etienne, Rennes (who signed two speedsters) and Nice will fight for 6th and jump up over a team underachieving (Monaco? Lyon?).
Bordeaux should come after that. 9th or around. I don't like their mercato. They still have Malcom and a good coach.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He has good and bad games for OM. Same old, same old. Thauvin has been way way way better.

Nice isn't going to finish 3rd this year. I'll wait for the end of the mercato to make predictions but you can bet PSG is #1, and after that Lyon, Lille, Monaco, OM will round up the top 5, the order being a question mark.
If Monaco loses Mbappe, Lemar and Fabinho in the next two weeks, then, they could fall out of the top 5. Lille will surprise. Maybe finish top 3. While playing the most spectacular football. Lyon will be fun offensively, but still shaky defensively (change of coach might modify that). Fekir could have a big comeback season. OM will be dangerous, but have a lack of depth after the very good starting XI, especially if they sell Cabella (as I 've heard).

TBH I was under the impression that HBA returned to Nice.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He might. And Sneijder and St Maximin signed. Still I have my doubts. Lack of depth is important.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sneijder and St. Maximin seems pretty massive for Nice IMO. Slight bias.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
So looks like Mariano is fitting in nicely. 3 goals already for Lyon. Didn't cost much, great business. Way to replace you former star striker.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Saw Nice and Troyes play yesterday, Seri was quite ridiculous. He's just like Cazorla 2.0 as his two best attributes is his passing and decisions with the ball. And I don't think that was his best game as the ball normally plays through him and he wasn't getting it as much as I've seen in the past (they did lose the game). Now in regards to his passing, his ball placement is unbelievable; I remember one pass in the game that it was like a 8 metre pass on his outside foot in open space for his winger. Now picture that ability to players like Lacazette, Walcott, Iwobi, Ox, and Sanchez.

One player I quite liked as well was Grandsir, any word on him Evilo? I see he's only 20 and should have a decent career once he moves around more talented players.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Poor Ranieri. He had to use all his subs in the first half due to injuries. And in the 2nd another player got injured but stayed in the game. Got beaten with a goal by Ocampos in the 85th.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And hit the crossbar at the 88th.

Tough luck for Nantes, but I saw Moutoussamy play for the first time.... :amazed:
WOW.
I'm going to follow this guy much much more closely.

Regarding Grandsir, don't know much about him.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Good start for Bordeaux, 2-0 win against Metz. Vada continues to improve, Costil in goal is a huge upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00