Ligue 1 2017/18

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He looked injured throughout the game and clearly was treated when he went out.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I liked the cameo from Saint-Maximin.

Hopefully he can keep on progressing from the past seasons, he has got the tools but now's he is at the age that he needs to start bringing on the quality end product as well.

What are people's thoughts on Jemerson, can he make it to Brazil squad in WC'18?

I sometimes think he'll be on the level of Thiago Silva soon (who only moved to Milan at the age of 25), but defenders are harder to judge just watching from TV as you miss a lot of what they do outside of camera view.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Hopefully he can keep on progressing from the past seasons, he has got the tools but now's he is at the age that he needs to start bringing on the quality end product as well.

What are people's thoughts on Jemerson, can he make it to Brazil squad in WC'18?

I sometimes think he'll be on the level of Thiago Silva soon (who only moved to Milan at the age of 25), but defenders are harder to judge just watching from TV as you miss a lot of what they do outside of camera view.

St Maximin has to take the next step. If all the posts he hit last season had been goals, Bastia would have survived and he would have scored 10+. Never seen such bad luck. He can be a force.
Jemerson is excellent. He has sometimes lapses of concentration, but fewer and fewer.
But behind Marquinhos and TS as of now still.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Looked like it might have been a knee injury, which is never good for his type of a player.

Yeah and I thought about the Ronaldo comparisons too. Still, nothing alarming, he played through the injury (he seemed to point to his leg early in the first half).

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Any predictions for the PSG/Amiens score line?

I guess it depends how much effort PSG puts forth. They could probably sleepwalk to a 3-0 win.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Like Fabinho, Jemerson gets overlooked by CBF cause he doesn't play for a huge famous club so he probably won't make the WC. Silva, Marquinhos, Gil, Miranda and Rodrigo Caio are ahead of him on Tite's eye.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Speaking of Rodrigo Caio, how has he developed? I remember being impressed with his ball skills and ability to read the play in possession a few years ago.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Speaking of Rodrigo Caio, how has he developed? I remember being impressed with his ball skills and ability to read the play in possession a few years ago.

His ball skills are superb, great passer and if there's no room for a pass he can easily use his dribbling skills and pace to get out of trouble, very press-resistance. However, he's been shaky defensively this season (team around him sucks) and has an annoying tendency to get too cute in dangerous places. While he isn't very tall, he does a great job in aerial duels too.

Honestly, he would be better off moving to a good European team, preferably one that plays possession football. Napoli would be a great fit, imo. Zenit tried to trigger his release clause this window but he doesn't wanna leave for Russia. He wants to go to a good team or he'd rather stay put. There's some rumors about Inter and Roma being after him, he's only leaving for his release clause (18M), though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes Amiens defended very well before that goal. Still that PSG team looks like Emery's PSG from last year against 10 men defenses : unimaginative.
Why there's a need for Thiago Motta I don't know. Why he doesn't play a 4-2-3-1, I don't know. Or a 4-4-2.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not really, I think they should go after a better coach. Starting Rabiot+Verratti+Motta+ 4 defensemen against Amiens... pfff....

Put on offensive player on the pitch and great rid of Motta (example : Draxler on the left, Pastore behind Cavani).

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Stick to... something else...

Did you watch the game?

Sorry but he had an awful game. Lost the ball numerous times, was a none-factor

Even his assist was a way too late pass...clear offside not called. Had to release ball earlier there.

I'm sorry to offend you by stating that he was not good vs Amiens Today.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:facepalm:
Surely not his best game, but he was consistently a threat with his long passing.
Offside not called? You probably don't even know the rule.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not sure which "assist" he's refering to.
Daniel Alves crossed on Cavani's goal.
And then Pastore scored off a Cavani gift.

Verratti did put Cavani alone on goalie that created the second goal (secondary assist if you will), but that was a beautiful through ball (and no offside on Cavani).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Not sure which "assist" he's refering to.
Daniel Alves crossed on Cavani's goal.
And then Pastore scored off a Cavani gift.

Verratti did put Cavani alone on goalie that created the second goal (secondary assist if you will), but that was a beautiful through ball (and no offside on Cavani).

Hm, now I realise I'm thinking of Cavani's ball to Pastore, which Verratti however essentially created

johnsherdy10

Jul 27, 2017
Kylian Mbappe’s injury is not as serious as first feared, according to his coach Leonardo Jardim
Jardim said: “It’s nothing serious."
nintchdbpict0003436060601.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad