Rumor: Lightning trying to use draft picks to move bad contracts

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
After that Ladd deal, what are the chances Johnson has AZ on his no trade list.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I enjoyed Frank Seravelli’s take on his podcast: SEA might just draft Mathieu Joseph, and THEN only after the draft come back to Tampa and ask if they want to make a salary dump trade. By separating the two transactions Seattle gets even more leverage.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I enjoyed Frank Seravelli’s take on his podcast: SEA might just draft Mathieu Joseph, and THEN only after the draft come back to Tampa and ask if they want to make a salary dump trade. By separating the two transactions Seattle gets even more leverage.
Yeah they would be dumb to take one of their high priced guys first, Joseph or Foote would be great. Hopefully nobody helps Tampa out

Wester

Oct 5, 2020
Hungary
Yeah you can thank Yzerman for that. Often overlooked by neutral fans, on how terrible he was at resigning's.
Nah, it's just the price of the lower tax thing. You have to give out NTC-s so players can't be traded out and getting less money because of taxes.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
When I look at Tampa on Cap Friendly they have 7 forwards with a modified or full no move. Do they have to protect all players with a modified also? If so they can’t protect Brayden Point :huh:
They have a Modified no trade, which different than a NMC. They have to protect players with a NMC, whereas a Modified no trade only prevents them from being traded not drafted in expansion.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I like how there’s always a bunch of people that complain about a tweet being so unnecessary. And yet each of those comedians post different versions of the exact same comment.

Seriously, go read the comments above mine, I could have just read one and skipped the entire page.

and then there’s always King Goober, who comes to complain about the jokes

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
When I look at Tampa on Cap Friendly they have 7 forwards with a modified or full no move. Do they have to protect all players with a modified also? If so they can’t protect Brayden Point :huh:
You only have to protect people with full nmcs

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Yeah they would be dumb to take one of their high priced guys first, Joseph or Foote would be great. Hopefully nobody helps Tampa out
So trading for players that can help your team is helping Tampa out? Remove Tyler Johnson from the equation. Every other player is on a good contract and can help a team contend.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This is Galaxy brain stuff but would be bad GMing. Joseph was scratched for all but 3 games of two cup runs. You have a roster full of experienced and good playoff performers.

Taking Joseph - who yes has potential - over quality top 6, two way players you could if nothing else flip for more assets would be dumb.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Gadrrioch, a proud newspaper man, just doing what all insiders do, tweeting what he's hearing, and he gets viciously trolled for 4 pages. Shameful

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

What extra leverage do they get? If they let Palat go and say Landeskog walks you don't think Colorado will come calling to see the price? He would be a perfect replacement for him. If Drouin doesn't return to Montreal you don't think they'd have interest in Killorn? Arizona just took on Ladd for non 1st round picks, you don't think they'd take on a useful player in Johnson for similar? They have the leverage over the rest of the league right now in getting to choose which one they want for free, they pass that up they don't get a 2nd chance at a discount.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
So trading for players that can help your team is helping Tampa out? Remove Tyler Johnson from the equation. Every other player is on a good contract and can help a team contend.
You take them after for a sweetener or on waivers when they’re more desperate plus they lose some good talent on ELCs which will hurt Tampa down the road.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Bolts will lose a couple of good F (Palat/Killorn/Gourde/Coleman (on top of Goodrow), and probably not be able to resign Savard, but the core is still there, and there are replacements in Raddysh/Smith/Stephens/ABB to fill the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad