Rumor: Lightning trying to use draft picks to move bad contracts

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
They already don't have a 2021 1st, 2021 2nd or 2022 2nd.
Basically they will have to trade their 2022 1st or even dip into their 2023 picks to make it happen...

Also almost all of their guys will have some sort of trade protection lists they can submit to block atleast 10+ teams (are there even more than 10 teams entertaining taking on salary dumps?)
I doubt anyone will voluntarily want to leave the 2 time Stanley Cup winner with no state tax in Florida.

Lets see if BriseBois finds a way to cheat himself out of making some very tough decisions again or if it is time to pay up.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
When I look at Tampa on Cap Friendly they have 7 forwards with a modified or full no move. Do they have to protect all players with a modified also? If so they can’t protect Brayden Point :huh:

Last edited:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I think it is just hammering home the point that Tampa is in trouble and all the people saying Seattle might just take Johnson and TB then trades a guy to get complaint and have enough to sign players is not reality.

Jan 21, 2018
I like how there’s always a bunch of people that complain about a tweet being so unnecessary. And yet each of those comedians post different versions of the exact same comment.

Seriously, go read the comments above mine, I could have just read one and skipped the entire page.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I like how there’s always a bunch of people that complain about a tweet being so unnecessary. And yet each of those comedians post different versions of the exact same comment.

Seriously, go read the comments above mine, I could have just read one and skipped the entire page.
There's also Sens fans who just really dislike Bruce because he's a complete tool.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Only 1 with negative value is Johnson and I don’t think it’s that bad. Curious to see what they do on the blue line in a year or so when Sergachev needs a contract. He’s a luxury for them as they have 2 other top LHD. I could see Sergachev wanting an expanded role eventually…
Still only a 3rd line defenseman imo. Will need to get better if Tampa is going to keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad