GDT: Lightning at Panthers 11/16/15: Return of the Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Nothing against the writer since he has obviously put time into it but is that supposed to be evidence against Bolland? There is like 5 GIFs posted on "bad" plays Bolland made. Maybe he could have made better decisions on some but mostly it's just the writers subjective view on what's bad. Players make much worse decisions every single night.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I love that Goldie, and especially Cifu chimed in on this guy's twitter and shut him down. Cifu especially doesn't tolerate the media's crap towards the Cats, and he's constantly shaming them. It's glorious.

That was pathetic. So he didn't know about the rat tradition, which is kinda poor considering the history of this team and they're a division rival since forever. But to attack the attendance, sigh. It's one thing when stupid fans and internet commentators do it, but it's not cool for a journalist to do it. Let alone for a team in the same state. Had the Lightning not won that cup, I highly doubt things would be going as well attendance-wise there.

Also, as I had to watch the Lightning broadcast up here, the commentators (who I'm no fan of either, don't get me started on their radio guys), made a comment at one point about how bad the ice is...I mean are you kidding? From Tampa guys? That puck was bouncing like crazy on Saturday, how stupid.

Anyway, so amazing to get this win, with 20 seconds left and not go to overtime?! That NEVER happens for us. It's one thing to tie the game up late in the game with a goalie pulled, rare as it is, but us to NOT be the ones screwed over at the end? Hard to imagine.

Ekblad is just so money right now. So great to have Barkov back, too bad Kulikov is out again. Guess we got spoiled by having a fully healthy team early this season.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
That was pathetic. So he didn't know about the rat tradition, which is kinda poor considering the history of this team and they're a division rival since forever. But to attack the attendance, sigh. It's one thing when stupid fans and internet commentators do it, but it's not cool for a journalist to do it. Let alone for a team in the same state. Had the Lightning not won that cup, I highly doubt things would be going as well attendance-wise there.

Also, as I had to watch the Lightning broadcast up here, the commentators (who I'm no fan of either, don't get me started on their radio guys), made a comment at one point about how bad the ice is...I mean are you kidding? From Tampa guys? That puck was bouncing like crazy on Saturday, how stupid.

Anyway, so amazing to get this win, with 20 seconds left and not go to overtime?! That NEVER happens for us. It's one thing to tie the game up late in the game with a goalie pulled, rare as it is, but us to NOT be the ones screwed over at the end? Hard to imagine.

Ekblad is just so money right now. So great to have Barkov back, too bad Kulikov is out again. Guess we got spoiled by having a fully healthy team early this season.

Their TV guys are ok. I have no problems with Engblom (sp?).

But, their Radio......OH...MY .....GOODNESS. Dave Mishkin....what the actual ****? lol

SCORE SCORE STAMKOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea....and Espo...I like Espo....but he whines MORE than Potvin. Yes, read that again....more than Potvin.

And yea, I saw Cifu shut him down, that was great.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Their TV guys are ok. I have no problems with Engblom (sp?).

But, their Radio......OH...MY .....GOODNESS. Dave Mishkin....what the actual ****? lol

SCORE SCORE STAMKOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea....and Espo...I like Espo....but he whines MORE than Potvin. Yes, read that again....more than Potvin.

And yea, I saw Cifu shut him down, that was great.

I was watching NHL Network the other night, lo and behold Bill Lindsay was on the panel. That was pretty cool to see, glad he's still working for us and now that, too.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Man. Ekblad has been clutch lately. Catching up on the games I've missed.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Nothing against the writer since he has obviously put time into it but is that supposed to be evidence against Bolland? There is like 5 GIFs posted on "bad" plays Bolland made. Maybe he could have made better decisions on some but mostly it's just the writers subjective view on what's bad. Players make much worse decisions every single night.

There is a whole section on statistical breakdown concluding he's an above average 4th liner.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
There is a whole section on statistical breakdown concluding he's an above average 4th liner.

Oh I saw the stats, I'm just not a big stats guy. In most cases (I guess) they help, some cases they are misleading. And watching Bolland game in game out he passes the eyeball test and certainly doesn't look like a fourth liner to me.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

I was going to bring up Calgary used to be known as the "Library" before they played his said Lighning in the Cup Finals who were likely in the same boat pre that year but I did not waste my time and just fav'ed Cifu's and Goldie's comments. I love that they stand up for the team right away on social media. It has gone a long way in shutting ignorant people up trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad