GDT: Lightning at Panthers 11/16/15: Return of the Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Your Florida Panthers take on the Tampa Bay Lightning! Game time at 7:30pm at BB&T Center

TV: Live on FSN Florida and Center Ice.
Radio: Listen Live on 560 WQAM

:panthers

VS

:bolts

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
Tampa:
LW |C| RW
Namestnikov|Stamkos|Callahan
Killorn|Marchessault|Kucherov
Boyle|Filppula|Condra
Brown|Blunden|Taormina

LD|RD
Hedman |Stralman
Carle|Garrison
Coburn|Sustr

x-Palat (IR, LBI), Johnson, Drouin, Paquette (day-to-day)

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Huberdeau|Barkov|Jagr
Jokinen|Bjugstad|Trocheck
Pirri|Bolland|Smith
Howden |MacKenzie |Grimaldi

LD|RD
Brian Campbell|Aaron Ekblad
Willie Mitchell|Erik Gudbranson
Alex Petrovic|Steven Kampfer

[/fieldset]

x- Kulikov (LBI, out at least 1 week), Wilson, Thornton (healthy)​

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders]
Tampa:
8476883.jpg

Andrei Vasilevskiy
W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
1|2|0| 2.37| .924|0

VS.

Florida:
8466141.jpg

Roberto Luongo
W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
5|6|2|2.53| .919| 0|0
[/fieldset]

Player to Watch

barkov-rookie-ladder.jpg

Sasha Barkov returns after a 10 game absence

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Game notes:

Luongo has been named starter and I think they also confirmed Thornton was playing.

For Tampa, they are fighting injuries and both Paquette (foot) and Johnson (Bolland hit) are questionable. Mike Blunden and Marchessault have been recalled and if one or both can't play they will sub in. No confirmed starter, I put Bishop but it could be Vasilevsky.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
We are going to miss kulikov very very badly if the kampfer who played in that one game and looked absolutely awful keeps playing that way.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I'm gonna guess that Grimaldi and Wilson will be out with Barkov and Thornton in.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
As we discussed in the Barkov thread it's irrational to move our arguably best player Trocheck from his natural position to keep our worst FO man bolland with 1 goal defies logic.

Almost Equally silly would be to play Thornton for Howden.

Fingers crossed neither happens.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Although I thought Thornton played decent last game, we should go with more skill on that line tonight and sit him. I doubt Tampa is going to try to goon in up. They will probably be determined to get even on the scoreboard and we should be ready to match that.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Why do we keep using Thornton??? There's nobody that will fight him and there's absolutely no chance of us scoring with him on the ice

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Would think if Thornton plays it's for Grimaldi. Hope he needs to rest after the blocked shot. We have Petro and Guddy who can take anyone on the Lightning bench if need be. Plus as shown on the Kuli injury, enforcers don't mean much today. As far as lines I want to see:

H-B-J
Tro-Bjugs-Smith

That should be the top 6. Hopefully we play Ek more too, aside one bad turnover he was a force last game.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
There's no reason for Thornton to play in this game. We have enough skill guys that we don't have to play Thornton because we don't have enough bodies.
Grimaldi should not be sitting for Thornton, that's just....there's no reason for that. I think Thornton plays decent when he's in there, but we have enough players that he should not be in there.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Would think if Thornton plays it's for Grimaldi. Hope he needs to rest after the blocked shot. We have Petro and Guddy who can take anyone on the Lightning bench if need be. Plus as shown on the Kuli injury, enforcers don't mean much today. As far as lines I want to see:

H-B-J
Tro-Bjugs-Smith

That should be the top 6. Hopefully we play Ek more too, aside one bad turnover he was a force last game.

Is it really bad of me that I was ok with Thornton hobbling off the ice after getting hit with that shot? :naughty: I mean I don't really want to see any of our players get hurt but it seems like that's what it would take for Gallant to sit the man for a few games.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We need to update the lineup

We lost then. Damn that Luongp.

i hope Barky gets favorable starts and matchups to start. Get Barky comfortable

Kampfer can't look any worse can he?

hope Trocheck maintains his production on the wing, which he will be moved to, which i think is a bone head move to do.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I'm in town, working remotely.

I am planning on going to the game tonight. Would be nice to meet up with some fellow fans.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Since he hasn't played at all I wouldn't be surprised to see Kampfer struggle. After a couple of games I think we'll see the same guy he was last year.

Exactly. I thought he looked reliable last season. Give the guy a break...he's only played once since last season.

EstConf96*

Ekblad what a goal, clutch player!

Edit: Noticed this was the wrong GDT thread :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad