Post-Game Talk: Lightning 3, Oilers 1

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I think the Oilers could use a goal scoring winger. Wonder if Strome would get the trade wheels turning?
We arnt gonna get shit for strome. If we want a scoring winger we have to trade Nuge or get lucky with youth.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
McDavid is basically super-human to even be in the running for the Art Ross with a team made up of players who can't finish worth a damn.

Reactions: McAsuno

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Would be dope if Draisaitl would have a good game away from McDavid sometime soon...

What a comment. Drai was the best player today not on the top line. He had nothing to work with. This is just your constant thing. Today Drais setup up Strome 4 times, Slepy twice, Setup Pulju 3 times, Hit the D trailer with some great feeds.

Backchecked like crazy and prevented some GA. Was dogging the puck in offensive end gamely trying to get something going with very little help.
Slepy and Pulju again had useless games. On one 3 on 2 Drai has the puck and ready to feed Slepy who just inexplicably stops skating on the blueline.

Drai also was robbed twice on scoring opportunities. He had the best shot of any Oiler the whole game.

I come here and as per usual fist thing I see in GDT and PGT is how bad draisaitl is.

We got our next scapegoat here folks.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Drai is a 7mil player in my eyes. I still have no idea why we didn't just bridge him.

The Kuznetsov was as good as a comparison as anyone. He got 7.8m per. The fact Drai got fairly close to 1m more (700k, whatever) should be seen as a crime in stupidity/negotiating. I thought 7.5 would be the high mark or do a bridge deal.

For the record, I really like Drai. Just not the contract. I've never said ONE bad word about him as a player in a GDT or PGT, and you can go search them all; you wont find anything. But I felt a bridge deal to see how he could perform mostly away from McDavid as a center was a must. I have zero problem with the player; just not a fan of that contract. Again, what's done is done and can't change the past. Just wish we had a more competent front office.

Last edited:
Reactions: harpoon and ujju2

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
If I was an Oilers player and Woodcroft was drawing up a PP I would do the opposite of what he wanted me to do and it would result in a goal

It was much earlier in the season, but I remember a PP where the camera panned to McDavid on the bench tossing the whiteboard over his shoulder. Not sure if he was laughing at the play on there or coming up with one himself.

Reactions: McDrai

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
What a comment. Drai was the best player today not on the top line. He had nothing to work with. This is just your constant thing. Today Drais setup up Strome 4 times, Slepy twice, Setup Pulju 3 times, Hit the D trailer with some great feeds.

Backchecked like crazy and prevented some GA. Was dogging the puck in offensive end gamely trying to get something going with very little help.
Slepy and Pulju again had useless games. On one 3 on 2 Drai has the puck and ready to feed Slepy who just inexplicably stops skating on the blueline.

Drai also was robbed twice on scoring opportunities. He had the best shot of any Oiler the whole game.

I come here and as per usual fist thing I see in GDT and PGT is how bad draisaitl is.

We got our next scapegoat here folks.
maybe for the lightening...Kucherov went to him first when celebrating his first goal tnight.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Maybe, but I'm not wrong. When you get paid like he does there's a certain expectation. He's been a massive disappointment lately.

He is to you every game you don't watch.

Because after watching that game if your first comment is how Bad Draisaitl was I have no idea what you are watching.

Actually I suspect you didn't even watch the game.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
McDavid with an off night = Automatic loss for this team. We would be historically bad without Mcdavid.

Reactions: PulYou

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Drai is a 7mil player in my eyes. I still have no idea why we didn't just bridge him.

Some of it is on Bergie too, to be fair. Two idiot GMs lost in the woods: Chia and Bergevin. Chia was afraid of a monster offersheet from Bergie, and he probably did it; we just wouldn't hear about it unless Drai actually signed it. So yeah, two stupid GMs screwing up the salary structure and salary player comparisons for years to come. Dumb and dumber.

Reactions: ujju2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
maybe for the lightening...Kucherov went to him first when celebrating his first goal tnight.

No idea what you saw on that play. Drai skates hard back 200 ft just to stop an easy counter goal, intercepts a pass, puts it back of the net to Bear, the only place he could put it, bear shits his pants, does nothing, allows a pass out and Kucherov taps it home.

I guess you could blame Drai for preventing the goal in the first place and then the goal subsequently going to Kucherov. .

Reactions: Duke74

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Zero finish and poor special teams. Is it Groundhog Day?

This season can’t end soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad