OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Can't remember when I last created one of these (threads in general) and the last one is well over 1,000 replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This caught me by surprise. Leaving after only 7 years on the job (most comedy show guys have longer tenures). He didn’t announce a date yet:

Late night landscape will change, hopefully for the better. James Corden is unbearable but thankfully he’ll be gone after this season:

Bring back Craig Ferguson!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I bet they'll use it to introduce an older and teenage Morgan Stark who will eventually replace her father.

Possible.

They will also introduce Iron Heart in Black Panther and she will have her own series before Armor Wars. So she will be in there.

There is also a report that what happens in Secret Invasion will play a role in Armor Wars. Cheadle is in Secret Invasion also.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Champion is now due out in 2023 and I'm predicting it's going to be either a major sucess or it'll bomb to something like 30's on RT. Just the feeling I get.

The hype isn't building yet (not in NA), but anticipation is strong. UK publications, bloggers and just fans are putting it at the top of their lists in drowes.

Not my ype of a show at all, but, darn, I'm very intrigued. It's supposed to be like sitting on a couch and watching their lives unfold, good, bad, music and all. That's what they all say (critics). THe cast supposedly doesn't act - they're just those people - whatever that means.

Fingers crossed, certainly very unique thing whether bad or great. Don't think it'll be in the middle, just a feeling.

I suspect ir got pushed back and might be again cause the crew is having "too much fun".

The only "trailer" that exists is....I don't f***ing have a clue what it is. If you can find it, it's burried on some obscure website.

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Am I the only one who finds it weird that Robert Aramayo played both young Ned Stark and now young Elrond in Rings of Power?

It's like some weird reality where he can grow-up to look like either Hugo Weaving or Sean Bean.

Don't get me wrong, he's a fine actor who fits in the role of Elrond.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This caught me by surprise. Leaving after only 7 years on the job (most comedy show guys have longer tenures). He didn’t announce a date yet:

Late night landscape will change, hopefully for the better. James Corden is unbearable but thankfully he’ll be gone after this season:

Bring back Craig Ferguson!

Does anyone watch late night talk shows anymore?

I used to watch conan regularly back when he was on nbc, but I don't know anyone from the newer generation that actually watches this stuff.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does anyone watch late night talk shows anymore?

I used to watch conan regularly back when he was on nbc, but I don't know anyone from the newer generation that actually watches this stuff.
They’re available on demand, the best segments from most late night shows are posted online soon after they’re aired or you can record them. There is really no need to stay up late if one doesn’t feel like it.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They’re available on demand, the best segments from most late night shows are posted online soon after they’re aired or you can record them. There is really no need to stay up late if one doesn’t feel like it.

I haven't heard of late night talk shows being a topic of conversation for years especially among young people, no matter if they are watching live or on demand.

I know their bits get a good number of hits online, but it's kind of like Nickelback music. They are getting alot of hits but you can't find anyone that actually consumes their product.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I haven't heard of late night talk shows being a topic of conversation for years especially among young people, no matter if they are watching live or on demand.

I know their bits get a good number of hits online, but it's kind of like Nickelback music. They are getting alot of hits but you can't find anyone that actually consumes their product.
I don’t know what their ratings are but Kimmel just got renewed on a big 3-year deal. It’d be interesting to see how the late night hosts’ demographics are divvied up.

There may also be a fatigue element coupled with the wide emergence of on demand platforms, of which late night shows form a small source of content relative to a wide array of choices out there.

Letterman in his hey day, was innovative and goofy and played to a large audience of college and university students. He also only played on TV and students typically stayed up late.

Today, someone like John Oliver combining smart, entertaining, in depth commentary and quick wit, and who is only on once a week, provides much greater appeal than most late night shows whose formula is based on recycling the same celebrity guests and politicos making their rounds and promoting product.

The younger demographic has moved away from TV and consumes its entertainment online, so it’s not just late night shows that are no longer front and center, it’s about other platforms and their readily available, vast source of content.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t know what their ratings are but Kimmel just got renewed on a big 3-year deal. It’d be interesting to see how the late night hosts’ demographics are divvied up.

There may also be a fatigue element coupled with the wide emergence of on demand platforms, of which late night shows form a small source of content relative to a wide array of choices out there.

Letterman in his hey day, was innovative and goofy and played to a large audience of college and university students. He also only played on TV and students typically stayed up late.

Today, someone like John Oliver combining smart, entertaining, in depth commentary and quick wit, and who is only on once a week, provides much greater appeal than most late night shows whose formula is based on recycling the same celebrity guests and politicos making their rounds and promoting product.

The younger demographic has moved away from TV and consumes its entertainment online, so it’s not just late night shows that are no longer front and center, it’s about other platforms and their readily available, vast source of content.

Yeah the way you describe letterman, it sounds like conan in the 2000s. He did well with the college demo.

Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Cassian Anbore or is it?

The first 2 episodes were a bit hard to watch. With the many flashbacks happening, it was a bit tough to follow through Cassian's backstory.. but it finally picked up as the 3rd episode went on. Now, with the 4th episode in, it really looks like a proper show: no fan service. Coming from as a writer of Rogue One, you definitely see the same vibe happening in this series. It's gritty, dark and there's nothing humorous about it. I like it!

Reactions: Milhouse40

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
my buddy would play them at work off of YouTube. Colbert, Kimmel and Noah. None of them are funny. Same with Seth Meyers.
All of these guys depend on writers for their material — maybe they’re all overly relying on the same types of bits and joke writing?

Which show host is really funny right now? Mind you, that is also a very subjective question. If I want funny, I look to standups rather than late night shows.

The late show people like Colbert are at their best when they go off script. Colbert is smart, well read and is excellent with repartee. It’s a different kind of entertainment than just comedy.

I enjoy the type of comedy bits that Bill Maher produces — yes, there’s a political slant to some of it that I don’t care about but his material is well crafted. John Oliver is another with great comedic output relative to the serious and informative topics he tackles.

However, none of the above beats a good stand up. Right now, this is the kind of comic that has me laughing. A TV sportscaster who gave it all up to pursue comedy:

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It's now official : Velma is gay !!

Wtf ???
Here we are now. No more mystery, no more hidden secret garden and no more asexual character. Any character must have a public knowned sexual orientation. Even with characters for children. There is no more innocence. The woke people must be happy. They won.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can anyone tell me if Morbius is worth watching ?
Its morbin' time

Wtf ???
Here we are now. No more mystery, no more hidden secret garden and no more asexual character. Any character must have a public knowned sexual orientation. Even with characters for children. There is no more innocence. The woke people must be happy. They won.
Why are you angry about this though 🤔?

Are you angry at Fred and Daphnes relationship?

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

Wtf ???
I always thought so,lol. In one episode she is carrying something that looks awfully like a strap on.lol.
No breaking news on Jughead Jones? Who wears a crown? kings and queens.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad