GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
He overpaid players to contracts that were too long.
He did with Brown and Richards. The Brown one (someone can corect me if Im wrong) is that Brown took a help-the-team contract with a promise he'd get a big contract next time. Richards non-buyout was a huge blunder. Prob some others Im forgetting...Maybe Gaborik's was another

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Firing DL was a mistake and I'm tired of pretending it wasn't.

Wasn't he fired for refusing to adjust to the new NHL, the one we see today? He was watching the nhl evolved and refused to believe it. The Richards contract buy out and refusing to fire Sutter was also a problem. DL was a dinosaur stuck in the slow grind it out era. He was a good builder, but his drafting and other things in his last few seasons got him fired. The real issue was not promoting Futa, instead giving it to Rob. But we know who picked him.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Wasn't he fired for refusing to adjust to the new NHL, the one we see today? He was watching the nhl evolved and refused to believe it. The Richards contract buy out and refusing to fire Sutter was also a problem. DL was a dinosaur stuck in the slow grind it out era. He was a good builder, but his drafting and other things in his last few seasons got him fire. The real issue was not promoting Futa, instead giving it to Rob. But we know who picked him.
Allegedly. Of course, they haven't adjusted to the current NHL so not sure what that was all about.

Reactions: crassbonanza

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Wasn't he fired for refusing to adjust to the new NHL, the one we see today? He was watching the nhl evolved and refused to believe it. The Richards contract buy out and refusing to fire Sutter was also a problem. DL was a dinosaur stuck in the slow grind it out era. He was a good builder, but his drafting and other things in his last few seasons got him fired. The real issue was not promoting Futa, instead giving it to Rob. But we know who picked him.
Futa moved on to the Preds or was it somewhere else?

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Kind of a wild f***ing take considering the best player on the 2024 Kings is a Dean Lombardi pick.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
NHL officiating has been between incompetent and totally corrupt since I've been watching in the 90s. I'm sure the sports books aren't helping but it's always been a mess.

Kings still would have lost this series with half the pks and twice the pps.
Yeah that’s why it’s hard to get too mad at the calls, it only would have served to make the Kings’ loss more embarrassing.

Oiler fans and the moar goals crowd got all pissy when McDavid didn’t draw a single PP in the sweep to the Jets in 2021 and NHL has been calling games tighter ever since.

Also “stay out of the box” is not and never will be a real strategy with how unpredictable officiating is. You’re almost never gonna take zero penalties in a game, Kings came close in Game 4 but didn’t and look how that turned out. Yet that didn’t stop our brain trust from making that the official policy instead of figuring out a way to kill more than 50% of PP’s at any time in the past 3 years.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
As a Kings fan, I seriously have doubts on Beckman getting the Kings back on track again. The Kings won Cups with Lieweki in charge, since Beckman has taken over he placed Luc and Blake in charge of the Kings and this team is in serious trouble. The Kings have absolutey no Identittty. What are they? Are they a hard phsyical playing team? Nope, Are they a skilled team? Nope, Are they a fast pase Team? Nope. Are they a goal scoring team? Nope. Are they a good defensive team? Nope. It is practically impossible to win when you have no identity.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I was watching the 2014 stanley cup dvd with my dad a couple of days ago and my god this current team is so far off from where they were 10 years ago. Just watching the players talk about the team and that season and the struggles that went on that year, but nothing ever seemed to bother them. I know that team in particular was special and it would be impossible to replicate, but what a massive fall from glory this team has had.

This current team is so mentally fragile and we've seen it numerous times this season where when things get tough they just shut down completely. And the worst part for me watching this series is that I don't think for a second that they ever believed that they were going to beat them. There was more belief 2 years ago in that 1st series against them.

Changes have to be made. They can't keep going like this,

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
This entire series felt like the Kings treated each game like another regular season game against the Oilers. Absolute shit mentality, the whole team. Losers. Last minute of an elimination game, goalie pulled....wtf are they doing? Passing the puck for a whole minute. Absolute morons.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad