Proposal: Let's Help WPG, Your Team's Offer For Trouba

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Myers is in last year of his contract and will be UFA next season. Same for Chairot. Morrissey needs to be signed (vital). Without Trouba the Jets have Byfuglien and Kulikov signed for next year. Whatever happens with Trouba will have a profound affect on the immediate cup potential of the Jets.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
*sigh*

Still heartbroken that Trouba will be gone (probably by the 2019 Draft day at the latest). I would take a reliable top 4 defenseman, even slightly older and a blue chip prospect for Trouba.

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
If only the stats ran for longer that the 2 years... I mean Alzner did play on debatable one of the worst teams in hockey last year. Never the less, those numbers don't show 10x better - one D man is a smooth skater with an offense first mentality - one is a D man who hits, blocks shots and stays at home. To say one is 10x better when they have different uses is a bit silly. If Gardiner was that solid his D Zone starts and PK time would be higher.

As I mentioned one can skate and is more offensive minded - but if you are up by 1 goal in the last minute of the game, Gardiner doesn't see the light of day and the other is more Defensively sound. But again 10x better is a slight exaggeration.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'd do Gardiner + a 1st for sure and could be talked into another plus, though a full first (Sandin) is a bit rich for my taste unless the Jets were adding some smaller pluses of their own.

All of the posts in this thread mentioning Kadri or Rielly are insane.

Reactions: biotk

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I’m not insulting those player (Brown or any wingers), just offer us zero value. Tbh Leafs don’t have a lot to offer that others wouldn’t beat.....mostly bc your your strengths are the same as ours. Your likely going to say:

AM, Rielly, Marner, Nylander, JT, Kadri are all untouchable, this leaves Gardiner, depth wingers and ok but not great futures (none super interesting).

Just don’t see the Leafs beating multi other teams offers if the above true. NYI could easily beat the Leafs offer imo (just used them as a example bc of rumour interest).

I know your a reasonable poster, we’ve talkedmulti times in the past I just can’t see a Leafs offerbeating others offers.
Havn't seen any other teams offers yet. Are there other examples?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Nope to this, nope to that, no here, no there, no pretty much everywhere...

Is it really that hard to make a fair offer of equal or at least close value instead of throwing a bag of potato chips at the Jets and expecting to run away with Trouba from it?

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Nope to this, nope to that, no here, no there, no pretty much everywhere...

Is it really that hard to make a fair offer of equal or at least close value instead of throwing a bag of potato chips at the Jets and expecting to run away with Trouba from it?
The problem is you guys think Trouba is worth the world, but don't want to pay him.
Seriously though, what realistically do you expect for him?
Everyone in WPG says he is a top pairing D, but you guys offer him $4 million (I know it is arbitration, but that is insulting) and people on your own board say there is no way you would pay him $7 million.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Petan
Trouba

For

Kapanen
Leivo
Dermott
1st (top ten protected) ;)

That wouldn’t even be a serious offer, value aside which is also poor.....fit is brutal. KK & Leivo are borderline useless to us when we have insane winger depth already. So that’s half your offer is worthless to us off the top. Our needs are defence if Trouba is traded and/or 2C centre......wingers are virtually worthless to us.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I
I'll come up with a genuine offer and try not to offend Jets fans.

This actually hurts to type out.

Leafs offer:
Morgan Rielly
Nazem Kadri

Jets offer:
Jacob Trouba
Jack Roslovic
Mathieu Perrault

I think that over does it a bit. No Leaf Fans are offended.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
That wouldn’t even be a serious offer, value aside which is also poor.....fit is brutal. KK & Leivo are borderline useless to us when we have insane winger depth already. So that’s half your offer is worthless to us off the top. Our needs are defence if Trouba is traded and/or 2C centre......wingers are virtually worthless to us.

What about something around Kadri + for Trouba?

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
The problem is you guys think Trouba is worth the world, but don't want to pay him.
Everyone in WPG says he is a top pairing D, but you guys offer him $4 million (I know it is arbitration, but that is insulting) and people on your own board say there is no way you would pay him $7 million.

That will probably turn out to be false. There were no negotiations in 2016. Trouba clearly wanted out of Winnipeg. Considering Trouba wanted $7 million and Winnipeg offered $4 million, seems to be a starting point to contract discussions, I think it will come out that Trouba and his agent would not budge or negotiate from the $7 million figure, since he clearly does not want to be in Winnipeg.

If Trouba wanted to sign with the Jets, it would have happened. Considering he is now playing with Morrissey instead of Stuart, and on a Stanley Cup contender, I think it is safe to say nothing would have placated Trouba.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

4 million was for one year of arbitration only.....all teams low ball and agents ask for moon going into arbitration it’s common knowledge.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017

Another one who doesn't understand arbitration boys... :rolleyes:

You do realize your question has already been explained on this thread like four or five times already...

Did you even read the whole thread first?

Reactions: Snowman

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
What about something around Kadri + for Trouba?

I would be hoping we receive a top 4 defenseman out of the trade. We are stacked in offense, and there is a good chance Roslovic will break out this year, and possibly be rotating with Little as #2 C, so we will be deep for Centres.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
4 million was for one year of arbitration only.....all teams low ball and agents ask for moon going into arbitration it’s common knowledge.
He hooked you guys up on the last deal cap wise, $4 million arbitration or not is insulting after that. Cheap offer, and probably put the nail in coffin for Trouba in WPG long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad