Leon Draisaitl should be sent back to juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It was probably already answered in the thread.. but I'm too lazy to go reading back through.

Now that we burned his ELC anyways, can Drai be sent to the AHL, or does he still need to go back to Junior?

He was drafted out of the WHL and isn't 20, so he'll have to either go back to the WHL or can venture out into other professional leagues not associated with the NHL.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Even if they don't send him back, loan him to the WJC team. Let him have some success for a little bit. That will mean more than finding new ways to lose games with the Oilers.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Not only should Draisaitl be sent back, whoever they pick in the 2015 pick (NHL ready or not) should be kept in junior as well. enough of this **** storm in Edmonton.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
With Nelson moving up and Lander performing well for him in AHL I can see Draisaitl getting sent to juniors before the 40 game mark.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Even if they don't send him back, loan him to the WJC team. Let him have some success for a little bit. That will mean more than finding new ways to lose games with the Oilers.

What, the success of piloting Team Germany to a 6th place finish and getting pounded on every night by the powers of the tourney?

He's already played in the WJHC twice, I could maybe buy into an argument of him going back to the WHL for the rest of the year but IMO there's no tangible gain for him to be lent to the WJHC.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
What, the success of piloting Team Germany to a 6th place finish and getting pounded on every night by the powers of the tourney?

He's already played in the WJHC twice, I could maybe buy into an argument of him going back to the WHL for the rest of the year but IMO there's no tangible gain for him to be lent to the WJHC.

I was forgetting the fact that he is German.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
With Nelson moving up and Lander performing well for him in AHL I can see Draisaitl getting sent to juniors before the 40 game mark.
This my prayer too. It is no point to acquire veteran center any more. Season is over and I hope that we will be last in standings and draft McEichel

Deleted member 241491

I'll be surprised they don't re-call Lander. He is playing in all key positions so obviously Nelson has trust in him and Lander has delivered some offence. Draisaitl should go back to Junior.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
All I know is whatever the Oilers decide to do, time will prove it was the wrong decision.

My guess is theyll come up with some unconvential idea. The Oil always think they have some secret, sneaky way thats never or rarely been done.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
It's like every decision they can make they make wrong. Nothing redeemable about this organization

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Play more minutes I guess, assuming a first line role and leadership role on the team.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Play more minutes I guess, assuming a first line role and leadership role on the team.

Knowing EDM, he could have been sent over and then gotten a career ending injury or something. :help:

The team really can't make any good decisions.

Should have sent him to world junior tourny.
Don't understand this decision.

I mean if they were close to a playoff spot, it would be the obvious choice. But the team is so far out of it, why not? They can call up a center from OKC.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
We picked the wrong center, and are compounding it by destroying his development. I mean really, what the heck could the kid learn at the world juniors? confidence?

McDeathbyCheerios*

We picked the wrong center, and are compounding it by destroying his development. I mean really, what the heck could the kid learn at the world juniors? confidence?
Yes cause picking the center who is currently out with a shoulder injury he has had for a while would be great. Bennett hasn't played a game in any league this season because of it.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Stauffer said he wouldn't send Draisaitl back to PA if he were to go back to junior...insinuating they're a bad organization

earth to Bob.....the Oilers organization is a tirefire!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
#Oilers announce forward Leon Draisaitl will not participate in the 2015 World Junior Championship

picard-facepalm2.jpg

This ****ing management group.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's like every decision they can make they make wrong. Nothing redeemable about this organization

I know hey. I honestly can not see a single argument that Draisaitl wouldn't be better off in the WJC and then back in juniors. He doesn't contribute anything at this level at this stage of his career and he's not showing any signs of getting better.

This is horrendous mismanagement of a top 3 pick. Absolutely horrendous. They're gonna bust this kid with the way they are dealing with him. It's god damn ridiculous. Someone should lose there job over this. They've completely wasted a year of development for one of the most important pieces in this organization. Completely and utterly.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site

he would probably be doing most of the pounding at the wjhc now that he's 18, and I think that 6th place would look good to him right now, even if there were only five teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad