Alphaville
And just like that, 9m in cap...gone.

What about my cap hell fetish?
bLZnK0v.gif

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
How much space do the Isles have now? And will it grow until the deadline?

I believe close to 3Mish

It should also be noted in a case of a trade Islanders can always dump Hickey's 2.5M(1.5M since he is buried in the AHL) to the team they trade with. Hickey's contract is off the books at years end

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I saw something that said the cap space could grow to $13M by the TDL. Not sure if that's correct, but the Isles will have a pretty decent chunk of cap to make moves.

don’t know what it will be or what it will cost but I think it’s safe to say this is the year Lou is going to go all in.

We made it to back to back conference finals. I think Lou is going to load up.

looking at the current roster we really need a top4 LHD.

The forward group is pretty set but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Lou add fire power up front if it’s available and some depth. Injuries happen in the playoffs. Lou is going all in and not going to let injuries ruin this run.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Uncle Leo was never a flashy type of player but always seemed to be in the middle of the action doling out hits and creating turnovers, Uncle Leo was most definitely a pain to play against and will be missed in the NHL as another classy veteran has gone.

Uncle Leo was a great rival and worthy foe, best of luck finishing out the rest of your career closer to home with SKA St. Petersburg.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
So the Isles could have between $10-13 million in cap space at the deadline? That presents a host of opportunities.

They can go pure rental at the TDL and take on all of the salary. Maybe look to add a player with term to the core. Act as a passthrough for another team and retain some cap, while pocketing futures in return.

Or all of the above.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You seem to be in every Isles thread, funny.

Also at least they didn't pay a 1st round pick to get rid of a contract, cough.
You would certainly have to be a Dumb GM to trade a 1st rd pick to get rid of a contract with only one year remaining. Lou definitely is not.

Leo was the consummate pro to the end. He even helped out the Isles by agreeing to terminate his contract. Shows his character and respect to the organization, have much respect for him as a player and pro.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Now, Islanders players, if you're not going to win the Cup with this beautiful man at the helm, it means that your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

Reactions: CupInSIX

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Is it true that "Lamoriello" is the italian word for "Circumvention"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad