Contract Termination: Leo Komarov

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Because the isles strongest area in the system was defense and specifically LD. Isles got decent value for Toews. Leo was never going to get that value. It took having to terminate him.

If Islanders kept Toews they still would have the same issue they had this year with Leddy

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If Islanders kept Toews they still would have the same issue they had this year with Leddy

Leddy was more understanding because he’s a UFA to be. Toews I would have preferred if I knew Thats all his cap was going to be. Toews is on an excellent contract. Still, don’t think it hurt the isles too much.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
So from my understanding Komarov gets paid 2M this season but has a caphit of 3M. is there some recapture penalty then?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Leddy was more understanding because he’s a UFA to be. Toews I would have preferred if I knew Thats all his cap was going to be. Toews is on an excellent contract. Still, don’t think it hurt the isles too much.

It's tough. He was absolutely abysmal in the playoffs with one bone-headed play after another. He was a phenomenal puck mover and that's what we're lacking. Had to go. I would bet a gazillion $ they tried to move Leddy first but that was virtually impossible with two contract years (and more in salary) left.

Dobson should fill the hole nicely. Problem is "we" figured he'd be there already but he's still tentative. Great first pass but when he receives the puck there's a split second of brain farts going on as a forward closes in on him.

Reactions: SI90

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
Isles in major trouble now. They lost a first line scoring threat winger to the KHL. I guess MDC is going to have to step in and fill the void.

I liked Leo as a player, but not the usage of Leo on this team.

That being said, I'd rather watch Leo on the first line for the next 10 years than see MDC wearing an Islanders jersey in the NHL again at any point.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I liked Leo as a player, but not the usage of Leo on this team.

That being said, I'd rather watch Leo on the first line for the next 10 years than see MDC wearing an Islanders jersey in the NHL again at any point.
They’re both legendary Islanders. One is better at being a pest and the other is better at being snake bitten.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
LOL thanks for the laugh. Isles fans are actually praising Lou for getting rid of a mistake that he caused in the first place? Yikes.

So, let me get this straight. If Dubas made some moves to alleviate the awful cap situation that he created, you wouldn't be happy? Of course the major difference being that Lou brought in Leo and Matt Martin to change the culture of the team, which led to back to back semifinals appearances. So, yes, praise for correcting the ship initially and then praise for opening up ~$12M of cap space at the trade deadline while we are still in a Cup contending window.

Maybe you don't know what good GMing looks like because yours sucks balls and you spend all your time complaining about Isles fans complaining about Leafs fans. Who's got the obsession?

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
How come Lou didn’t get rid of Komarov earlier instead of losing Devon Toews for practically nothing?

That’s the best I got.
What he got for Toews was used to move Ladd. So if you're going to criticize Lou for getting practically nothing for Toews, you kind of have to praise him for moving Ladd's terrible contract for practically nothing.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Leo had as many goals in his 1 game played as Palmieri and Parise had in their 20 games played... see ya down the road on alumni night Uncle Leo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad