Confirmed with Link: Lehner Back Down to Bingo

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
Really, you don't think so? May I ask you why? ;-)

Sure

I think all teams overate there own prospects.(beside that)

Lehner has not played enough NHL games to have high value around the league. I certainly think Lehner would have enough value to get a border line top 4 d-man. If Lehner was traded I would expect and young player that has top line potential(d-man would be Erik Gudbranson, Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Murray type player) or a top forward prospect. Maybe I am overating Lehner but to trade him for someone who does not have first line potential would be a mistake.

There is an easy way to find out, I'll post value thread on the main board and we can find out(not that I think that HFboards will give us an accurate value of him)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There is an easy way to find out, I'll post value thread on the main board and we can find out(not that I think that HFboards will give us an accurate value of him)

Everyone will offer their scraps and then get into huge arguments about how overrated Lehner is, and how underrated their packages are. (pun intended)

Then, if Lehner were to get traded, these same people would do a complete 180 and talk about what a steal it was, and how bad the spare parts they've given up are.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I like the story of Robin and his father Michael so much! :)
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/09/24/15472076.html

Puck machine:
"Robin remembers his dad getting rid of the lawn in the backyard and replacing it with concrete. A net went up, a shooting machine was purchased.

At 12, Robin wanted pucks fired as hard as he could get them. Michael bought him an adult catching mitt, with extra padding, and cranked the machine up to 100 mph."

“He always wanted to go hard. He likes to work out hard,” Michael says. “But we had some problems. In Sweden, we have this government thing, if you mistreat your kids the neighbours will call and they can come and visit you, see what’s going on. So the neighbour called and said that I’m an abusive father, because I shoot the puck machine and he’s just crying all the time.

About his father being inspired by Mike Keenan
"Keenan was very tough ... and I was the Keenan on Robin when he was young. So that’s nothing new to him, if he comes over and has a very tough coach. I’ve been very tough on him."

Using Henrik Lundqvist and Kristian Huselius as inspiration (two former adepts of his father):
"From the beginning, I showed him the life Kristian had, and the life Henrik had,” Michael Lehner says, “and I asked him: ‘What do you want to do?’ He said, ‘I want to do this.” I said OK, then I’ll push you. When you want to quit, you tell me, but I’m going to be very, very hard on you. He didn’t say anything. He just kept going. And I was tougher and tougher and tougher."

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Everyone will offer their scraps and then get into huge arguments about how overrated Lehner is, and how underrated their packages are. (pun intended)

Then, if Lehner were to get traded, these same people would do a complete 180 and talk about what a steal it was, and how bad the spare parts they've given up are.

Every single time. Do not engage.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

Well, many players are underrated but Lehner, unlikely.

Bazel5

Apr 4, 2011
I like the story of Robin and his father Michael so much! :)
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/09/24/15472076.html

Puck machine:
"Robin remembers his dad getting rid of the lawn in the backyard and replacing it with concrete. A net went up, a shooting machine was purchased.

At 12, Robin wanted pucks fired as hard as he could get them. Michael bought him an adult catching mitt, with extra padding, and cranked the machine up to 100 mph."

“He always wanted to go hard. He likes to work out hard,” Michael says. “But we had some problems. In Sweden, we have this government thing, if you mistreat your kids the neighbours will call and they can come and visit you, see what’s going on. So the neighbour called and said that I’m an abusive father, because I shoot the puck machine and he’s just crying all the time.

About his father being inspired by Mike Keenan
"Keenan was very tough ... and I was the Keenan on Robin when he was young. So that’s nothing new to him, if he comes over and has a very tough coach. I’ve been very tough on him."

Using Henrik Lundqvist and Kristian Huselius as inspiration (two former adepts of his father):
"From the beginning, I showed him the life Kristian had, and the life Henrik had,” Michael Lehner says, “and I asked him: ‘What do you want to do?’ He said, ‘I want to do this.” I said OK, then I’ll push you. When you want to quit, you tell me, but I’m going to be very, very hard on you. He didn’t say anything. He just kept going. And I was tougher and tougher and tougher."

Wow, the insight in that article is amazing. It sounded like Lehner's childhood was taken straight out of a movie.

Ugh, just realized it was written by Brennan. Now i feel dirty.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Man, Lehner is going to (or already) have mental issues. I hope he doesn't become our Michael Jackson.

Ok, in terms of professional success and dance moves, I hope he does.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Wow, the insight in that article is amazing. It sounded like Lehner's childhood was taken straight out of a movie.

Ugh, just realized it was written by Brennan. Now i feel dirty.

I read almost exactly the same in a swedish interview before this article.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think he's underrated by some teams. The Leafs are definitely scared of him and other teams think Lehner could steal the #1 job on their team.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
man, lehner is going to (or already) have mental issues. I hope he doesn't become our michael jackson.

Ok, in terms of professional success and dance moves, i hope he does.

---->g. O. A. L. I. E.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad