Confirmed with Link: Lehner Back Down to Bingo

MatthewT

Mar 29, 2008
Not surprised, what i would like to see is Anderson having a good season. Murray trading him in the summer for a decent player, then next season go with a Lehner/Bishop tandem. Will be tough to trade Andy though if he does play well though.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Are you sure thats how that works? Ive heard that you have to play a certain amount of games to receive the NHL salary.

lehner was on the Lineup (although on the bench) for both game. He received big bucks during that time.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Confirmed with link..... Lehner..... God damnit I nearly had a heart attack.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Confirmed with link..... Lehner..... God damnit I nearly had a heart attack.

We are not trading our franchise starting goaltender any time soon. There has been a lot of time invested in developing this beast and I bet Murray wants to keep him here for a long long time.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Leaving the heart out of it, the decision is the only one that makes organizational sense. He's a phone call and a short car drive away if needed.

I believe that as a potential group 6 free agent, Ben Bishop only has to play 5 or 6 games to remain a RFA otherwise he'll become a UFA. I can't see the Sens losing such a valuable asset for no reason.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Leaving the heart out of it, the decision is the only one that makes organizational sense. He's a phone call and a short car drive away if needed.

I believe that as a potential group 6 free agent, Ben Bishop only has to play 5 or 6 games to remain a RFA otherwise he'll become a UFA. I can't see the Sens losing such a valuable asset for no reason.

i thought it was close to 20 for bishop?

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I really can't say I'm mad at this move. Lehner by all means will be our starter next year and as someone mentioned earlier of Anderson continues to play this well he could be a valuable asset to trade! Lehnet will go back and hey they might win the Calder and if they do OHHH ya and then he will be hungry to step into the NHL next year

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Should of played him in Florida... oh well..

Would've been an insult to Andy, who's more than proven his worth to the team and deserved the opportunity. He had a good game in the 'Peg, it was Ottawa's home opener, and it was against a) his old team and b) a team he consistently dominates.

I know Lehner's the shiny new toy, but Andy's a big reason we made the playoffs last year, the main reason we took the Rangers to 7 games, and he's still right in his prime. Unless his play somehow falls off drastically in the next 2 years (and it shouldn't, since he's primarily a positional goalie rather than a reactionary goalie), you should get used to him being, at the very least, our 1A.

e: Not to mention he seems to be very well liked/respected in the dressing room

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
i thought it was close to 20 for bishop?
He has 23 NHL games played to date so he needs to get to 28. I added a game to save argument.

btw) Backing up does not count as games played. That's why Lehner will still owe 1 year of his ELC after this one.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He has 23 NHL games played to date so he needs to get to 28. I added a game to save argument.

btw) Backing up does not count as games played. That's why Lehner will still owe 1 year of his ELC after this one.

ok, cool. i wasn't sure what the numbers were.

i see lehner back this season. at the latest by the trade deadline when bishop gets shipped out.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Too bad Lehner didn't get a start before getting sent down, he had been working hard in Bingo. He easily could have been given one of the back to backs on the road and then be sent down on the weekend. Was looking forward to seeing him get a chance to back up.

Let's see what Bishop can do now, and hopefully a trade will get done and we'll be see Lehner again soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00