Confirmed with Link: Lehner Back Down to Bingo

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He deserved at least 1 start. I wish they would not have BS'd him, by saying the best goalie will start.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
He deserved at least 1 start. I wish they would not have BS'd him, by saying the best goalie will start.

Well, it's hard to imagine anyone playing those two first games better than Andy has.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
They have to give Bishops the start, so he remains RFA or to showcase for potential trade. I can almost guarantee Lehner plays a couple games with Ottawa this year though.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Andy has let in 1 goal in 2 games and it was a shot he had no chance on. He's been rock solid and I expect him to continue that. How would Lehner have done any better? He needs to re-focus and help Bingo have a strong season and playoffs. He's done it down there before, let's see him do it again. It's just not quite his time yet.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Senators relieve Sens’ crush at goal crease

It’s not as though Lehner has nothing to look forward to in the AHL. Next Monday, he will represent Binghamton on the AHL Eastern Conference All Star team, coached by B-Sens head coach Luke Richardson.

“I’m looking forward to the All-Star Game next week, it’s going to be a great opportunity for me and a lot of fun,†said Lehner, a second-round Ottawa draft pick in 2009. In the meantime, he can reconnect with “the boys in Bingo,†he said.

“Bingo is warm in my heart, too, so, I’ll go down there and keep on working and see where my next opportunity comes.â€

=====
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Senators+relieve+Sens+crush+goal+crease/7857066/story.html

:handclap: So glad to see his maturity during this situation..

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
That definitely doesn't sound like he's mad. If he knows anything, than he knows this was going to happen. The Sens don't really have a big option, and this way he can play and keep up the great work.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

So much drama where there's absolutely none...

Our NHL goalies this year are Anderson and Bishop, it's simple as that. Unless someone get injured or traded or really suck, it will remain like that. Lehner is only 21 y/o and will get his turn. I'm happy we took our time to develop Lehner

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Really. One injury, and Lehner will find himself driving Lambos and getting shutouts in the NHL. I'm sure Spezza wasn't happy when he was always sent down, but Lehner knows that this is good for him and for the team.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY

Our NHL goalies this year are Anderson and Bishop, it's simple as that. Unless someone get injured or traded or really suck, it will remain like that. Lehner is only 21 y/o and will get his turn. I'm happy we took our time to develop Lehner

Finally, a reason behind a post of yours concerning prospects..:handclap:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Well, it's hard to imagine anyone playing those two first games better than Andy has.

No, but to play Andy 48 times in a condensed season would be crazy. Should have given Lehner the start in the 2nd of the back to backs as a reward for a job well done, then send him down. At this point one NHL game can't hurt his development, but can boost his confidence/attitude.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Was this the right decision? Maybe it would have been better for him to play the 5-10 games Andy will need off. And being in the AHL couldn't hurt Bishop's trade value as much as tonight did.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Glad to hear this. Lehner needs more work. It's kind of like Bane in TDKR...his punishment must be more severe. A punishment of the soul, not the body.

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
I don't think Bishop had much trade value to begin with so I don't think tonight's start would have made much of a difference either way. He is not a proven NHL goalie nor a blue chip prospect. We will get at least what we gave for him when it comes time to move him and that is fine.

Personally, I never liked Bishop, hate his style and he always seems to be lacking in confidence. Whatever, the reffing absolutely sucked tonight and did us in.

WhiteLight*

Both Lehner and Anderson are much better than Bishop. It's inexcusable in such a short season where every single game matters so much to play Bishop. Lehner is right there.

Maybe Bishop could have returned a 2nd before tonight... but no, BMurr had to get greedy and try to get more

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Both Lehner and Anderson are much better than Bishop. It's inexcusable in such a short season where every single game matters so much to play Bishop. Lehner is right there.

Maybe Bishop could have returned a 2nd before tonight... but no, BMurr had to get greedy and try to get more

Get a clue. Sitting on the bench won't help Lehner develop, and Andy can't play every game. We need Bishop to start from time to time and shouldn't expect him to put on a clinic like Andy has.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Get a clue. Sitting on the bench won't help Lehner develop, and Andy can't play every game. We need Bishop to start from time to time and shouldn't expect him to put on a clinic like Andy has.

You get the clue...I hate when people say it won't help Lehners developement sitting on the bench...Tell me wise one, when Lehner does get to ottawa your thinking is he will be the starter?

This year or next Lehner will be a backup too Anderson so he will eventually be sitting on the bench..

The Goalies TODAY should be Andy and Lehner PERIOD.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I was on the fence, but now that CarknerCountry said that Anderson and Lehner should be the goalies, I now have a new found confidence that Anderson-Bishop is the correct combo.

VVS

Nov 22, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Could Bishop be sent down on a conditioning stint?

If yes, I don't see why we didn't keep Lehner up to start a few games, while Bishop gets some work in the AHL to get ready for back-up duties.

WhiteLight*

:facepalm:

uhhhh, you just contradicted yourself there buddy, get a clue indeed

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Could Bishop be sent down on a conditioning stint?

If yes, I don't see why we didn't keep Lehner up to start a few games, while Bishop gets some work in the AHL to get ready for back-up duties.

Why would he need to get some work in the AHL? He was playing in the AHL just before the season started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad