Confirmed with Link: Lehner(72% retained), & Martins Dzierkals for 2nd, Subban, 5th, & Slava Demin

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Re-sign Lehner, then trade Fleury back to Pittsburgh.

Just kidding about the trading Fleury back to Pittsurgh part.

Maybe they knew something we didn't when they traded for Lehner. MAF went through a lot last season, maybe he's dealing with an equipment allergy that just won't go away.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Maybe they knew something we didn't when they traded for Lehner. MAF went through a lot last season, maybe he's dealing with an equipment allergy that just won't go away.
MAF's contract does not have any salary cap implications if he retires so he doesn't need to make up an equipment allergy to not have the team hurt by his contract.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
MAF's contract does not have any salary cap implications if he retires so he doesn't need to make up an equipment allergy to not have the team hurt by his contract.

No but he doesn't get paid if he retires. If he had a "skin allergy" he'd still get his money.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
How many years are we thinking if he signs? 5? 6? Possibly 2 to avoid higher escrow and get a bigger number after that?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
How many years are we thinking if he signs? 5? 6? Possibly 2 to avoid higher escrow and get a bigger number after that?

He's mentioned how he'd like to keep his family in one place for a while. He's also stated term isn't the biggest factor either. So anywhere from 4-8 years?

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He's mentioned how he'd like to keep his family in one place for a while. He's also stated term isn't the biggest factor either. So anywhere from 4-8 years?

We could offer him seven years and I think he'd still only be as old at the end of it as Fleury is now, so I guess it's possible. Although I thought 5 or 6 would push the limit of what the team is comfortable going. Whatever keeps him on the team I think I'm okay as long as the cap hit is good.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Nevada has no income tax, so he gets a "raise" that way compared to, say California or New York. My guess is he'd accept something closer to market (or perhaps a bit below) for 3-4 years to get the team through the expected cap crunch and escrow repayment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad