Rumor: LeBrun: roster reset? Boyle to Rangers?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
i'm not sure about that. :laugh:

I'd appreciate the sign it represents even though the value is obviously low. If they can get more then fine but I'm more hung up on the direction rather than the specific value of a particular trade...at least right now. lol

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'd appreciate the sign it represents even though the value is obviously low. If they can get more then fine but I'm more hung up on the direction rather than the specific value of a particular trade...at least right now. lol

Oh if they are targeting those types of players it shows they realize you need speed to compete. I don't think a Boyle for 2/3 tweener and a pick would be terrible but it wouldn't be great.

Kershaw

I'd be happy with Hagelin and a 1st for the two of them really. lol

Rangers won't move Hags for an aging d-man. He's been their 3rd best forward this year and drives possession when on the ice. Wishful thinking.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Rangers won't move Hags for an aging d-man. He's been their 3rd best forward this year and drives possession when on the ice. Wishful thinking.

Most likely not but we fans know nothing of player value and how trades actually happen so we'll see what happens.

ramstoria

Mar 4, 2011
Sacramento
3 regulation wins out of 23 games is trending downward. The Sharks have played themselves out of the playoffs. So unless they suddenly catch fire..missing the playoffs is very plausible.

When you single out regulation wins, it sounds worse than it actually is. But in reality, in the 21 games since our 7-0 start they've won 5 games, and lost in OT/SO in 6. So they've managed to pick up 16 points and are currently in a playoff spot. There are 20 more games for us to move up in the standings. I don't think anybody expects us to win the Pacific, but no reason why we can't make a run in the playoffs... with a few changes.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
When you single out regulation wins, it sounds worse than it actually is. But in reality, in the 21 games since our 7-0 start they've won 5 games, and lost in OT/SO in 6. So they've managed to pick up 16 points and are currently in a playoff spot. There are 20 more games for us to move up in the standings. I don't think anybody expects us to win the Pacific, but no reason why we can't make a run in the playoffs... with a few changes.

Yeah, that's why we are getting upset. They don't make changes.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

I'd like his return for Boyle.

Anaheim Ducks traded Chris Pronger and Ryan Dingle to the Philadelphia Flyers for Joffrey Lupul, Luca Sbisa, a 1st round selection in 2009, a 1st round selection in 2010 and a conditional round selection in 2010 or 2011.

Like I said...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I live in NYC and go to a fair number of Rangers games and Boyle would look great on their PP if they're willing to pay whatever price DW is asking. I think any team would love to have Boyle, even at 35.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I'd like his return for Boyle.

Lupal, Sbisa, 2 1sts and a conditional 3rd.

Plus he had 1 seasons left on his contract, just like Boyle. Now Pronger is better than Boyle, but it still gives you a pretty good idea of value.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Lupal, Sbisa, 2 1sts and a conditional 3rd.

Plus he had 1 seasons left on his contract, just like Boyle. Now Pronger is better than Boyle, but it still gives you a pretty good idea of value.

Yeah a top 4 d, top 6 Forward, two 1st. I'm guessing Boyle could get a top 6, 1st, and and prospect.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Generational talent and far more than a PMD. He was the best defensive defenseman in the game. Just my opinion.

Which is why Boyle would only get a top 6 forward, 1st and prospect. almost half of what Pronger was worth.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
And whats losing gonna accomplish? Maybe a couple of high draft picks? The only first round pick the Sharks have made since Marleau that has made a lasting impact on the team is Couture. The Rest of them? Seto, Michalek, Goc, Kaspar, Petrecki, et al? Busts. Every one of them. Hell Toronto has done a better job drafting since 1997 than the Sharks, and thats saying something. So dont think losing is gonna make everything all fine and dandy in a couple years, because with the Sharks drafting history, we're more likely to end up like Columbus or Atlanta than Pittsburgh or Chicago.

Michalek and Seto are the only top ten picks and they are both top six scorers so no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad