Rumor: LeBrun: roster reset? Boyle to Rangers?

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Which is why Boyle would only get a top 6 forward, 1st and prospect. almost half of what Pronger was worth.

Exactly.

The point is only to show that high end defensmen garner huge returns, even at that age. Boyle would not get as much as Pronger obviously, but that's not the point. That people think Boyle would be traded for scraps just baffles me. He's a fantastic defensemen, something a lot of teams sorely lack, and he's a game changer. He would get a big return.

Kershaw

We get it, bro. Boyle ain't worth **** and Thorton is a choker.

Boom.

Ain't worth ****? He's an Olympic defenseman that has been a #1 guy for around a decade. Also you spelled Thornton wrong. 29 other teams would line up to add these two.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Not that it really matters since Boyle's NMC is really miniscule, but for the record, I don't think Pronger had a NTC/NMC in his previous contract.

ramstoria

Mar 4, 2011
Sacramento
Yeah, that's why we are getting upset. They don't make changes.

I know I know. My argument earlier wasn't that we don't need changes (because I'm fully on board for the Clowe, Murray, and Tmac exodus). I was just saying that I think we have a punchers chance this season and next season with minor changes, not a fire sale.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418613
TSN trade talk. LeBrun reiterates his stance on Sharks. (Plus points on other teams that may have players available.)

LeBrun (edit: not LeBrun, but the way the TSN Trade Talk Article is structured) comes awfully close to suggesting a Boyle for Gaborik swap. Boyle with one year left on his deal, same as Gaborik, cap hits fairly close, both big time players.

Not saying I necessarily want it, but seems like a Boyle for Gaborik type swap would be a DW move.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
LeBrun (edit: not LeBrun, but the way the TSN Trade Talk Article is structured) comes awfully close to suggesting a Boyle for Gaborik swap. Boyle with one year left on his deal, same as Gaborik, cap hits fairly close, both big time players.

Not saying I necessarily want it, but seems like a Boyle for Gaborik type swap would be a DW move.

Havlat Couture Gaborik.

What a line.

ramstoria

Mar 4, 2011
Sacramento

It makes sense, in a way. But I don't like it because next year Boyle would be worth twice as much at the deadline over Gaborik. A contender would definitely be willing to pay up for Boyle at the deadline. Gaborik, not so much.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Boyle for Gaborik would be a moronic deal. I'm not one to use the 'e' word, but Gaborik is the definition of enigmatic. Gets benched in the third when the team is down for not putting in enough effort. Boyle is the heart of the Sharks dressing room. If we're making a playoff push, I want Dan Boyle to be included. He'd probably outscore Gaborik in the playoffs, too.

Besides, we can't take Gabby's cap next season, and if we were to trade Boyle it would be for futures.

ramstoria

Mar 4, 2011
Sacramento
Boyle for Gaborik would be a moronic deal. I'm not one to use the 'e' word, but Gaborik is the definition of enigmatic. Gets benched in the third when the team is down for not putting in enough effort. Boyle is the heart of the Sharks dressing room. If we're making a playoff push, I want Dan Boyle to be included. He'd probably outscore Gaborik in the playoffs, too.

Besides, we can't take Gabby's cap next season, and if we were to trade Boyle it would be for futures.

I don't want Gaborik. But it's a move I can see happening. One of those things where if next week I'm reading about this trade going through, I would thing, "Yup. That's the Sharks for you."

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Rick Nash sure is doing well for the Rangers so far this season. You know, leading them in scoring and all. To me that sounds exactly what the Sharks are missing, an elite shoot-first goal scoring winger with speed. Yet everyone here seems to believe he wasnt the answer.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Rick Nash sure is doing well for the Rangers so far this season. You know, leading them in scoring and all. He's on pace to score an equalvent of 45 goals over an 82 game season. To me that sounds exactly what the Sharks are missing, an elite shoot-first goal scoring winger with speed. Yet everyone here seems to believe he wasnt the answer.

Yeah because the cost to acquire him would leave us with Marleau-Thornton-Nash and then no one else to score.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

It's the transcript from tonight's "Insider Trading" and if you watch it the Boyle and Gaborik sections are totally separate. There is no indication that Boyle would be swapped for Gaborik.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Yeah because the cost to acquire him would leave us with Marleau-Thornton-Nash and then no one else to score.

All it took NY was Anisimov and Dubinsky. It wouldnt have cost us much more then McGinn+Clowe.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Rick Nash sure is doing well for the Rangers so far this season. You know, leading them in scoring and all. To me that sounds exactly what the Sharks are missing, an elite shoot-first goal scoring winger with speed. Yet everyone here seems to believe he wasnt the answer.

they'd have nash but be without couture, a 1st and probably 1 or 2 more pieces

DW was offering Pavs+

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Pavelski probably would have been included in that trade to columbus and I think I'd be okay with that. I think Pavelski is wasted at RW, sure he got 30 goals last year but I just don't think he should be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad