Rumor: LeBrun: roster reset? Boyle to Rangers?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
All it took NY was Anisimov and Dubinsky. It wouldnt have cost us much more then McGinn+Clowe.

You're severely underrating Anisimov and Dubinsky. You're also not considering that the Jackets would not want Clowe. It was Pavelski+ or bust for Nash, and I"m glad we didn't do it.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Pavelski probably would have been included in that trade to columbus and I think I'd be okay with that. I think Pavelski is wasted at RW, sure he got 30 goals last year but I just don't think he should be there.

I would have thought you were crazy if you were to tell me how bad Pavelski was going to be this season.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
All it took NY was Anisimov and Dubinsky. It wouldnt have cost us much more then McGinn+Clowe.

those aren't the 2 players I would compare, and there was also a 1st and a former 1st rounder that still had potential

seriously though, how the **** has something not been done yet,anything, please.
I hate this lose 3 then have a good win that keeps us in playoff position so nothing happens, ugh

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
seriously though, how the **** has something not been done yet,anything, please.
I hate this lose 3 then have a good win that keeps us in playoff position so nothing happens, ugh

There is no obvious move to be made. The team is first and foremost lacking execution and chemistry, and moves/shakeups aren't going to fix that.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I would have thought you were crazy if you were to tell me how bad Pavelski was going to be this season.

Well I like Pavelski as much as the next guy here but I never thought he was suited to be a winger. He's got a good shot but he has a pretty slow release and we have been needing a scorer. Nash was and is a big scoring winger who can shoot and could wreak havoc around the net.

I know Pavelski is a high end two way forward but we have a few guys who could and have taken on tough competition. I guess it's an unpopular decision but I think Nash would have been good here.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Well I like Pavelski as much as the next guy here but I never thought he was suited to be a winger. He's got a good shot but he has a pretty slow release and we have been needing a scorer. Nash was and is a big scoring winger who can shoot and could wreak havoc around the net.

I know Pavelski is a high end two way forward but we have a few guys who could and have taken on tough competition. I guess it's an unpopular decision but I think Nash would have been good here.

He probably would have been awesome but from a financial stand point and a shrinking cap..it was the right decision to pass on Nash.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Boyle for Gaborik straight up. If we dump clowe for something better then we have the open top 6 spot, and it comes with more speed and someone who can finish.

Think how fast a line of Marleau - Couture - Gabby would be

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Boyle for Gaborik straight up. If we dump clowe for something better then we have the open top 6 spot, and it comes with more speed and someone who can finish.

Think how fast a line of Marleau - Couture - Gabby would be

Think of how important Boyle has been to our defense. We are not in a playoff position with out him. Do you really think Gaborik will equal out net sum wise in a Boyle swap? He's too one dimensional, and injury prone (which we don't need more of). His contract also sucks.

Thanks, no, no to Nash too because if you will recall they wanted Couture and would not listen to any other offers. That was made pretty clear.

skilks

This is nightmare
Jul 14, 2009
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
With all these talks about the Rangers wanting Boyle I'm starting to get bad vissions of a trade.

Gaborik and MDZ for Boyle and Clowe (or something along those lines).

It just makes me think of the Heatley trade.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
With all these talks about the Rangers wanting Boyle I'm starting to get bad vissions of a trade.

Gaborik and MDZ for Boyle and Clowe (or something along those lines).

It just makes me think of the Heatley trade.

We can't afford that really, but that's a whole lot better than Boyle for Gaborik.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
Rick Nash sure is doing well for the Rangers so far this season. You know, leading them in scoring and all. To me that sounds exactly what the Sharks are missing, an elite shoot-first goal scoring winger with speed. Yet everyone here seems to believe he wasnt the answer.
Yet overall Ranger scoring dropped. Their place in the standings has dropped significantly. The net effect of the Nash trade was decidedly negative for the Rangers and positive for the Jackets. I don't care if a player gets 50 goals or 100 points if his team ends up in last place. I judge trades on team effect. Trading for pure goal scorers are the highest risk trades out there and most fail. The call for shoot first guys is a joke in most cases.

For others,
Boyle is not all that this year. Read the numbers, not the persona. IMO, his 5on5 play has fallen off dramatically. Boyle's scoring is substantially down. If it was an 82 game season, he is on pace for ~40 pts. That's bad. I am not looking at raw points on the Sharks, I am looking at whose contribution has risen or fallen the most. JT and Boyle are at the head of the class for drops behind Clowe. JT's issue is in possession, not points. PP% is a direct function of PPQB's and Boyle and JT are the effectors there. When a PP is in freefall the finger points at the coach, the defensive QB and forward QB; no one else.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Yet overall Ranger scoring dropped. Their place in the standings has dropped significantly. The net effect of the Nash trade was decidedly negative for the Rangers and positive for the Jackets. I don't care if a player gets 50 goals or 100 points if his team ends up in last place. I judge trades on team effect. Trading for pure goal scorers are the highest risk trades out there and most fail. The call for shoot first guys is a joke in most cases.

You must have LOVED the Thornton trade then :)

For others,
Boyle is not all that this year. Read the numbers, not the persona. IMO, his 5on5 play has fallen off dramatically. Boyle's scoring is substantially down. If it was an 82 game season, he is on pace for ~40 pts. That's bad. I am not looking at raw points on the Sharks, I am looking at whose contribution has risen or fallen the most. JT and Boyle are at the head of the class for drops behind Clowe. JT's issue is in possession, not points. PP% is a direct function of PPQB's and Boyle and JT are the effectors there. When a PP is in freefall the finger points at the coach, the defensive QB and forward QB; no one else.

Boyle (and Thornton) were wrecked by that flu bug that went around. Thornton more than people know. Boyle actually missed games because of it and JT refused even though he should have been off the ice. Stats in a vacuum mean little to nothing.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
You must have LOVED the Thornton trade then :)

Boyle (and Thornton) were wrecked by that flu bug that went around. Thornton more than people know. Boyle actually missed games because of it and JT refused even though he should have been off the ice. Stats in a vacuum mean little to nothing.
I give JT credit where due. At the time he was high end QB going to a team without QB's. That's a recipe for success. My biggest issue is pinning the style of the entire team to JT's style of play. It isn't optimal for all players.

The issue with the PP is not just a two week thing. It is far longer, I have taken into account that "flu" bug. If the PP was bad for a week or two, it is a bump in the road. By eyeball, Boyle is more responsible than JT. In order, I would probably place blame as Boyle, TM, JT. The first year unit is getting slaughtered bringing the puck up ice. The recent bump is in part the recent success of the second unit (Irwin).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad