TSN: Lebrun on Canucks heading into the Trade Deadine...

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
I really think (hope) that Burrows will step up after the Olympics are over. It will give him time to work on skills and conditioning etc

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I'd love to get Pirri but why would Chicago do us any favours?

He's waivers fodder next year and they won't want to risk him getting picked up like Stanton did and lose him for nothing. If it comes down to it he will get Dalpe'd ie someone will offer a low pick or meh waivers exempt prospect if they decide to trade him beacuse he's not making the team next year (possible). They might also move him as trade bait at the deadline.

Wonder how much interest, if any, we have in Brandon Pirri. Good prospect but hasn't really been able to break through on a deep Blackhawks team. Now they're rumoured to be trying to move him by the TD. Probably a decent opportunity to land a good prospect on the cheaper side.

It would be worth asking. They might be looking for a cheap spare part like Diaz or part of a larger deal for a bigger asset.

Last edited:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
He will get Dalpe'd ie someone will offer a low pick.

Wouldn't surprise me if he returns a 2nd or is a part of a bigger package. He's got some NHL production (as opposed to Dalpe who didn't) to back up his very solid AHL production.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Wouldn't surprise me if he returns a 2nd or is a part of a bigger package. He's got some NHL production (as opposed to Dalpe who didn't) to back up his very solid AHL production.

Yep. Was thinking he'd fetch at least an mid-early 2nd.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

It's always hard to say what guys that are passing through waivers are going to get, if they hold onto him through the off season his value could drop, he'll get more than Dalpe for sure but it is always a tougher sell when the prospect has waivers over his head.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Why do people think Burrows has negative value when people in the industry have said otherwise?

His value is so much lower than what it should be at based on his play for quite a long stretch. We want to trade a player when they are sucking, but when they are playing well we have no reason to trade him. When they are sucking, their value is so much lower. I'm really hoping Burr is just having some insane goal drought that will magically never come back after he scores one.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
His value is so much lower than what it should be at based on his play for quite a long stretch.

I don't really think that's true. Player trade values are mostly based on player reputation not actual performance. Johnson, Richards, Carter, Barker and Clutterbuck are some recent guys who were traded during bad seasons while still returning very good assets. On the other hand, Ribeiro fetched very little on the trade market despite playing well.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Why do people think Burrows has negative value when people in the industry have said otherwise?

Additionally, why move him when his value is at its lowest? He may not be 30-goal-level when he's not riding with the Twins, but he's definitely better than he's been so far in this injury plagued, curse-ridden year.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Additionally, why move him when his value is at its lowest? He may not be 30-goal-level when he's not riding with the Twins, but he's definitely better than he's been so far in this injury plagued, curse-ridden year.

He wasn't even 30-goal material the past 2 years with the Twins. That said he's more value to us right now than for other pieces.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
If Gillis dangles Kesler out there what is a realistic return? I'm thinking its gotta be huge especially if he has a strong showing at the Olympics

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
If Gillis dangles Kesler out there what is a realistic return? I'm thinking its gotta be huge especially if he has a strong showing at the Olympics

Not enough for him to give Kesler up. He's been disappointing but he is still our 2nd line center even if Santorelli was not out it would be a very poor decision to trade him. I think it'd be better to trade him once Horvat has a season or two under his belt.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver

People on this board watch every second of every game. That's a big advantage over someone who watches the highlights of every game and tracks every team.

Burrows is one of those guys that might have hit the wall. Players decline at their own rate, Burrows might be done as a scorer. He'd be an expensive checker and doesn't seem to have the wheels to do it, anyhow. Paul Coffey was essentially ended by a broken jaw, becoming contact shy and peripheral. I think there is some question about what you get with Burrows beyond slowing and not scoring. The term he's signed to is such that if he doesn't return to form, he's a giant albatross like Booth. That's negative value.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
because maybe there's a chance his play will sink even further?

And start scoring negative goals?

IMO they need to start having fun with it. What's the details of this "most shots without a goal" feat? They should start promoting it and have a celebration. Everyone might loosen up.

Last edited:

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
People on this board watch every second of every game. That's a big advantage over someone who watches the highlights of every game and tracks every team.

Burrows is one of those guys that might have hit the wall. Players decline at their own rate, Burrows might be done as a scorer. He'd be an expensive checker and doesn't seem to have the wheels to do it, anyhow. Paul Coffey was essentially ended by a broken jaw, becoming contact shy and peripheral. I think there is some question about what you get with Burrows beyond slowing and not scoring. The term he's signed to is such that if he doesn't return to form, he's a giant albatross like Booth. That's negative value.

Burrows certainly doesn't seem contact-shy or peripheral.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Anaheim fans were pretty content to go upwards of...

Silferberg/Etem
Devante Smith-Pelly
Sbisa/Allen
1st

Now that is probably a bit high, though Sbisa is mostly cap necessities. But even dropping the pick entirely, it's certainly has some appeal. If we were to go that route, I would try and include Bieksa for another up tier prospect. They supposedly need a RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad