TSN: Lebrun on Canucks heading into the Trade Deadine...

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Lebrun:

"They will not be in on the rental market..."

Lebrun on what Canucks management is thinking: "We're not probably good enough to go out and beat a Chicago or a St. Louis or some of the powerhouse teams in the West."

"Not giving up on the season, but if they make a trade its for a young player. Its time to re-tool and re-set in Vancouver."

"It's about youth. Other than the Sedin twins, I think all bets are off for almost any other player on that roster."

"Alexander Edler on defence will get a lot of interest, probably after the Olympic break."

"Interesting times ahead, in my opinion, in Vancouver."

Just heard it on TSN. Thoughts?

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Edler better haul ass, play well and up his trade value.

Time to give him an 80% offensive zone start.

This is coming from someone with an Edler jersey too.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Kesler and Hamhuis shouldn't and likely won't be moved. To be honest it'll probably be just one of Edler or Bieksa moved for a good young piece, the 'retool' has been on since the Schneider trade.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I'm surprised and happy there isn't a main board thread yet, please don't be that guy lol, it'll get ugly.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Very happy to hear this. I was afraid the management was actually thinking they they'd be a 3LC away from having a chance against LA/STL/CHI/ANA.

earl grey

all the best posts
Apr 21, 2013
THEY thought THEY found the connector

it turned out....it's just a Reflektor, the season is LOST!

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I mean, there will have to big a big bold disclaimer in the OP.

If you're coming here to insult or devalue our players, stay out.
If you're going to use this season as a base line for our players value, just leave.
ect ect ect.

That's probably a bad idea too because it'll almost ensure more trolls show up.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I would even trade the Sedins if we get back some blue-chip prospects and/or high picks.

As would I, I'd trade them before Kesler just based on age and hold onto him a little longer as the Vet to guide the youth for most of the next season at least.

Given that they have to be traded together and their price tags, I doubt anything happens on that front even if the GM wanted to.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
What are the parameters of his NTC?

I don't believe details were released but Gillis interview said only the twins have full NTC/NMC. If I had to guess it's probably 6 teams he will or won't be traded to as that's the typical format for limited NTC.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
What are the parameters of his NTC?
It's probably something we'll never figure out. Capgeek says Bieksa has a full NTC while Garrison, Hamhuis, and Edler has a NTC. Who knows what they mean.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hansen is traded in a package though.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Here is how I think it looks like
Untouchable - Sedins
Won't be traded unless a team is willing to overpay and sell their future - Kesler, Kassian, Hamhuis, Luongo
Good Trading pieces that could move for a young NHL ready top 4/6 player - Tanev, Higgins, Burrows, Hansen, Edler, Bieksa, Garrison

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I don't believe details were released but Gillis interview said only the twins have full NTC/NMC. If I had to guess it's probably 6 teams he will or won't be traded to as that's the typical format for limited NTC.

wait what? Burrs, Hamhuis, Garrison, Higgins, Hansen, Kesler, Edler, Bieksa all have limited NTC?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Im interested in what other names are being tossed around (other than Edler) and if something happens, will it be before or after the Olympic break?

I know Lebrun mentioned Edler possibly being moved after the Olympic break, but I think some teams would prefer to do their trading before the break because then when teams come back they can get orientated with their new organization with an almost "mini training camp" after Olympics.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Garrison, Luongo, Edler, booth, Higgins, Hansen should all go IMO.

Edler closer to the deadline seems to tie in with O'Reilly's availability

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
wait what? Burrs, Hamhuis, Garrison, Higgins, Hansen, Kesler, Edler, Bieksa all have limited NTC?

Based on the Gillis interview, that's what it sounds like. Higgins' and Hansen's have always been known to be limited NTC, I thought? Bieksa was also reportedly shopped in the summer IIRC so looks like confirmation that his is limited too.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
#gillis

But yes they all do except Hansen.

Actually Hansen has a limited NTC along with Higgins. I thought only those 2 were on limited NTC, didn't realize almost everyone was on limited NTC.

I suppose Luongo's NTC is different considering there are 2 escape periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad